The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder bots Online

yahuhu
yahuhu
Two months ... Two months ago I wrote the first report on this bot. So what? Result is zero! Explain to me why this happens? Maybe because he's 750 CP? Could he have donated a lot? Can there be a special bot-season pass? Or a special "right" bot?
I want it too! Explain to me please - what should I do to make me feel as good as him?

[snip]
[edited to remove image with account name]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 10, 2018 2:23PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you know they are a bot?
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most bots don't have normal names or alliance ranks.

What makes you think they are a bot?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Most bots don't have normal names or alliance ranks.

What makes you think they are a bot?

Or pickup scouting missions.

Same question as everyone else.......why do you think he's a bot?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    Because They Float?

VILLAGER #1: We have found a Bot, might we burn him?

CROWD: Burn him! Burn!

BEDWHETTR: How do you know he is a bot?

VILLAGER #2: He looks like one.

BEDWHETTER: Bring him forward.

BOT: I'm not a bot. I'm not a bot.

BEDWHETTER: But you are dressed as one.

BOT: They dressed me up like this.

CROWD: No, we didn't -- no.

BOT: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.

BEDWHETTER: Well?

VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.

BEDWHETTER: The nose?

VILLAGER #1: And the hat -- but he is a bot!

CROWD: Burn him! Bot! Bot! Burn him!

BEDWHETTER: Did you dress him up like this?

CROWD: No, no... no... yes. Yes, yes, a bit, a bit.

VILLAGER #1: He has got a wart.

BEDWHETTER: What makes you think he is a bot?

VILLAGER #3: Well, he looted me into loot.

BEDWHETTER: A loot?

VILLAGER #3: I got better.

VILLAGER #2: Burn him anyway!

CROWD: Burn! Burn him!

BEDWHETTER: Quiet! quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether he is a bot.

CROWD: Are there? What are they?

VILLAGER #2: Do they hurt?

BEDWHETTER: Tell me, what do you do with bots?

VILLAGER #2: Burn!

CROWD: Burn, burn them up!

BEDWHETTER: And what do you burn apart from bots?

VILLAGER #1: More bots!

VILLAGER #2: Wood!

BEDWHETTER: So, why do bots burn?

[pause]

VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of wood?

BEDWHETTER: Good!

CROWD: Oh yeah, yeah.

BEDWHETTER: So, how do we tell whether he is made of wood?

VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of him.

BEDWHETTER: Aah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?

VILLAGER #2: Oh, yeah.

BEDWHETTER: Does wood sink in water?

VILLAGER #1: No, no.

VILLAGER #2: It floats! It floats!

VILLAGER #1: Throw him into the pond!

CROWD: The pond!

BEDWHETTER: What also floats in water?

VILLAGER #1: Bread!

VILLAGER #2: Apples!

VILLAGER #3: Very small rocks!

VILLAGER #1: Cider!

VILLAGER #2: Uhhh, gravy!

VILLAGER #1: Cherries!

VILLAGER #2: Mud!

VILLAGER #3: Churches -- churches!

VILLAGER #2: Lead -- lead!

PRESIDENT_PUG: A duck.

CROWD: Oooh.

BEDWHETTER: Exactly! So, logically...

VILLAGER #1: If... he... weighs the same as a duck.. he's made of wood.

BEDWHETTER: And therefore?

VILLAGER #1: A bot!

CROWD: A bot! A bot! A bot!

BEDWHETTER: We shall use my largest scales!

[yelling]

BEDWHETTER: Right, remove the supports!

[***] [creak]
    CROWD: A bot! A bot!

BOT: It's a fair cop.

CROWD: Burn him! Burn him!

[yelling]

BEDWHETTER: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

PRESIDENT_PUG: I am Pug, President of the Pickupgames.

BEDWHETTER: My liege!

PRESIDENT_PUG: Good Sir knight, will you come with me to VeteranTrials, and join us at the Profound Table?

BEDWHETTER: My liege! I would be honored.

PRESIDENT_PUG: What is your name?

BEDWHETTER: Bedwhetter, my leige.

PRESIDENT_PUG: Then I dub you Sir Bedwhetter, Knight of the Profound Table.

[Edited to include a spoiler tag]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 10, 2018 2:24PM
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @President_PUG, I have to give you credit for committing to the joke.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    President_PUG, I have to give you credit for committing to the joke.
    And making me burn extra calories scrolling.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @President_PUG you can have an awesome for that complete Monty Python scene. Well played
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monty Python aside, this thread isn't going to help unless you at least state why this is a bot... and if you can provide a location, others could check on it and report it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe rightful players are tired to react to each and every botting accusation?

Maybe some pretend to be bots because its fun trolling the bot cops?

I think I will try it myself. >:)
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I noticed a "suspicious" character in Craglorn. It was somewhere around the Earthen Cavern entrance (I was coming out of there and heading to the Wayshrine, strolling around a bit).

I followed him. He was doing a run of nodes. Taking a few seconds in front of each before collecting. I followed and picked several nodes before him and that would not change the time of the stop before he moved to the next node or any action.

He didn't react to any whisper or mudball.

I guess he was a Bot.

Honestly, I did not report, maybe I have been influenced by the negative comments about lack of reaction from ZOS on this ? :smile:

I agree that it is important to take action against Bots. I also understand that ZOS needs some proof before banning. Is there any special procedure to follow to "prove" that s/he a bot? Description and name (possibly pic) enough for ZOS to start investigating or need for a Video?

Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some time ago one user claimed that Zeni does not investigate video proof at all.
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find your post to be incredibly racist, OP. Just because he's a bot he should be reprehended? Who cares if your intelligence is natural, artificial or magical?
    I don't know about you but I believe in a world without races, where players, bots and MMORPG playing unicorns live and play TOGETHER and strive TOGETHER to make the game a better place. Maybe you should steer away from bigotry. Maybe that bot has got a bot family to support, you never know.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4770339
    Edited by Franieck on August 10, 2018 11:53AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe rightful players are tired to react to each and every botting accusation?

Maybe some pretend to be bots because its fun trolling the bot cops?

I think I will try it myself. >:)

Go ahead. :shrug: It's not like players are responsible for banning people. You'll just get reported.

Not by me, mind you.

I do this as a hobby, I am going for the challenging ones. I want to report the bots that others don't see. I probably would not even notice you, and if I did, you would not be doing what I was looking for. Even if you did manage to attract my extended attention, you would do something bots don't do, and I would go on my way.

I say all this under the assumption you don't bot. If you do, and you are on PC NA, I might have already reported you. On the other hand, finding the hard to find bots is more rewarding than reporting them. While I have no doubt that there are people in ZOS that are better at bot hunting than I am, they don't really act on the reports in a timely manner. What's the point if I can report bots faster than they take care of them?
    Some time ago one user claimed that Zeni does not investigate video proof at all.

They never looked at mine, so I would be inclined to agree. However, that is hardly conclusive.
    xericdx wrote: »
    The other day I noticed a "suspicious" character in Craglorn. It was somewhere around the Earthen Cavern entrance (I was coming out of there and heading to the Wayshrine, strolling around a bit).

I followed him. He was doing a run of nodes. Taking a few seconds in front of each before collecting. I followed and picked several nodes before him and that would not change the time of the stop before he moved to the next node or any action.

I guess he was a Bot.

I never engage the bots with lively banter or mudballs. Unless a ZOS GM is talking to them, there is no reason for them to respond. Even when there is a reason for them to respond, some players will claim they would not see it. So, it is pointless to do it because a negative response does not indicate a bot. At best, it is pestering some human player.

Edited by Elsonso on August 10, 2018 12:34PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »

I guess he was a Bot.
    I know there was other stuff you mentioned, but I don't generally respond to whispers or mudballs either and might be found on a regular node-farming routine if I need crafting materials and stuff. I have received what appear to be "test whispers" before so maybe I kinda look like a bot, somehow. Just a rather (silently) sweary one when I've unexpectedly run out of something important yet again.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yahuhu wrote: »
    Two months ... Two months ago I wrote the first report on this bot. So what? Result is zero! Explain to me why this happens? Maybe because he's 750 CP? Could he have donated a lot? Can there be a special bot-season pass? Or a special "right" bot?
    I want it too! Explain to me please - what should I do to make me feel as good as him?

https://ibb.co/fiwnrU

There is a forum rule that says you must not name and shame; this includes pictures with account names of players that you accuse of a major breech of TOS like a bot. Especially so when your screenshot doesn't even prove anything. I just do not want to see this becoming a trend, that players begin openly accusing each other with pictures on these forums. Someone is bound to wrongly accuse someone at some point and the method you deploy here could be abused to (wrongly) blame someone.

That being said I do understand your annoyance I have reported several bots over the course of at least a month; I remember their names so Im surprised they are not removed. Maybe no one else have reported them idk.

Edited by Jayman1000 on August 10, 2018 12:58PM
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as it is not constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.