Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: PC/MAC - Home Capacity Increase Token

Unknown_Redemption
Unknown_Redemption
✭✭✭✭✭
Suggested Item:
Home Capacity Increase Token

Item Function:
  1. 100 Traditional Furnishing Slots Increased
  2. 2 Special Furnishing Slots Increased
  3. 2 Collectible Furnishing Slots Increased
  4. 2 Special Collectible Furnishing Slots Increased
Cost:
1,000 Crowns

Limit:
7 Packs per Home
Note: This is not an account upgrade, this would be unique to each individual home

Platform:
PC & MAC Only

Console Platforms:
This item would not be available to console players due to hardware limitations. However, as console platform performances improve it is suggested that the housing limits of all homes increase incrementally, for free.

Note: A lot of games that span across universal platforms have different 'experiences,' such as Diablo 3. In that particular game, hordes of monsters reach about 1/4th of what PC players see.

Edited by Unknown_Redemption on August 18, 2018 3:54AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would spend so much money on this if they were to do this. Me and my mate actually had the same idea. It would be a satisfying solution for everyone. We'd FINALLY have enough slots to actually create a real home, not this mess we are in and Zenimax would profit.

I should be excided for the Grand Psijic Villa. But all that's on my mind, is the fear and knowledge that it will be another round of "How much details must I sacrifise in order to get the most basic stuff in ?" I own the comparibly small Mathiisen Manor with 600 slots and it's a disaster, I had to remove so many details in order to even fill the space with something decent and that Psijic home is much larger with a pitiful 100 more slots. They'll see me whining, they hating.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be great for guild halls and primary mansions.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account upgrade or nothing. Outfit slots are undesirable for this reason
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0ad70f901c955f8938e71058c63894c01454764784.gif
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yah, I gotta agree with the account-wide solution...

the people for whom this upgrade would appeal the most would, I expect, be people who really enjoy housing (people who don't probably don't care all that much about the space limitations)

I expect that most people that really enjoy housing have also bought multiple residences for various themed and space reasons

much like the outfit system, which, anecdotally (admittedly) via the forums seems to have a tremendous # of people that WERE ABOUT to be excited about the outfit system suddenly wave off, I expect you'd have the same problem with selling housing item limit packs

the people who want it most would also be the hardest hit by the "per house only" feature, and would likely dissuade them from purchasing...

except for the "whales" (people with effectively endless amounts of money to spend) that were probably going to shove money into whatever new feature came into the store anyway - which should probably be considered...what was it econ 101 called it - inflexible demand? basically, like cigarette prices, you can count on these people to spend regardless of supply or cost
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if it was account wide, but given the trends of ESO marketing, I doubt they would do that. I suggested it this way to remain in-line with their habits; hopefully increasing the chance this will come to be.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

100% agree!
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

Indeed. Another obious thing totally missed...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you

We dont need more of those token bound things
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also increase the number of players that can enter a home, in relation with the size. Its damn stupid to have such a big and nice underground grotto but only a limited number of players can enter. i can understand if it was like Humblemud but the grotto?!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    if they could, they would

it's not going to happen because they can't
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my Velothi Reverie over any other bigger house as I'm not a fan of big houses both in real life and in-game, but I'll love to have few more slots for collectible furniture as I had to remove some of the trophies on the walls for the Morrowind map, a chest and the Augur of Obscure, while I have no place for Fan of the False-face at all. Few more pots would look great in my garden too.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I would spend so much money on this if they were to do this. Me and my mate actually had the same idea. It would be a satisfying solution for everyone. We'd FINALLY have enough slots to actually create a real home, not this mess we are in and Zenimax would profit.

I should be excided for the Grand Psijic Villa. But all that's on my mind, is the fear and knowledge that it will be another round of "How much details must I sacrifise in order to get the most basic stuff in ?" I own the comparibly small Mathiisen Manor with 600 slots and it's a disaster, I had to remove so many details in order to even fill the space with something decent and that Psijic home is much larger with a pitiful 100 more slots. They'll see me whining, they hating.

Really, I own Mathiisen Manor and it is gorgeous. I even have a bathtub in it, 2 bedrooms full kitchen and all my crafting tables and I still have room for more.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of these days people will accept that housing slots is a technical limitation and not ZOS being "haha, look at them struggle".

This day is yet to come though.
    Edited by Royaji on August 9, 2018 2:57PM
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    One of these days people will accept that housing slots is a technical limitation and not ZOS being "haha, look at them struggle".

Its not a technical limitation, hence why ESO+ has the slots doubled.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so you want to have ESO+ limits without ESO+? Well this is of course technically possibly but goes into the same pile as crafting bag as one time crown purchase. No going to happen since ZOS wants to sell ESO+.

Going anywhere above 700 is technical limitation though. There is a very detailed post on the forums with all the math that goes into calculating collision in games. Sadly I can't find it right now. Basically ZOS has chosen this limit so the game stays stable. All those little cups and plants and sweet rolls people like to fill their houses with would cause immense perfomance issues if you were allowed to place as many of them as you want.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so you want to have ESO+ limits without ESO+? Well this is of course technically possibly but goes into the same pile as crafting bag as one time crown purchase. No going to happen since ZOS wants to sell ESO+.

Going anywhere above 700 is technical limitation though. There is a very detailed post on the forums with all the math that goes into calculating collision in games. Sadly I can't find it right now. Basically ZOS has chosen this limit so the game stays stable. All those little cups and plants and sweet rolls people like to fill their houses with would cause immense perfomance issues if you were allowed to place as many of them as you want.

No, I want the ability to purchase additional furniture slots.

If you spend a substantial amount of time decorating you begin to see how the zone designers combine items to create unique art. There are delves with thousands of items. I;m also requesting a finite increase, not an unlimited amount.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, I own Mathiisen Manor and it is gorgeous. I even have a bathtub in it, 2 bedrooms full kitchen and all my crafting tables and I still have room for more.

Everyone has a different style and me, I like going into detail. But if I were to go into more detail, I will have to make sacrifises elsewhere. I think I would need at least 200 or 300 more slots in order to fill the house with meaning. I have uploaded a video about it, you can turn the voice off if you wish.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UNHyJFkzk8g&t=5s
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone has a different style and me, I like going into detail. But if I were to go into more detail, I will have to make sacrifises elsewhere. I think I would need at least 200 or 300 more slots in order to fill the house with meaning. I have uploaded a video about it, you can turn the voice off if you wish.

I couldn't agree more. I dont want 10,000 items. I just want the ability to make our homes look appropriately full. It makes me chuckle when I see the loading screen to each home. They have their whole capacity shown in that one picture ;)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS keep saying the limits are what they are due to technical reasons. If they could charge people to increase the limits, I'm sure they would do it. I'm sure they've tested on their private servers with a 1500 item limit and found the game too unstable. Sure, they could add 10 more with no issues. Maybe even 100 more, but there is a limit currently where crashing starts to occur and they have determined they would rather have stability with low limits instead of instability with higher limits. It's kinda the opposite of how they feel about Cyrodiil ;)
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS keep saying the limits are what they are due to technical reasons. If they could charge people to increase the limits, I'm sure they would do it. I'm sure they've tested on their private servers with a 1500 item limit and found the game too unstable. Sure, they could add 10 more with no issues. Maybe even 100 more, but there is a limit currently where crashing starts to occur and they have determined they would rather have stability with low limits instead of instability with higher limits. It's kinda the opposite of how they feel about Cyrodiil ;)

Look at the new Psijic Castle coming out, it has essentially 4 sub zones. There is no reason this should have the same limit as the single 'zone' ETC mansion. I can also place 700 dice or 700 statues, there is no way these have the same stress impacts to a server.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes!

And crownstore exlusive house would be more room, players already pay extra cash for that.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bundle would be nice, say, a crown exclusive item + 2-3 increase tokens; to do with what you would like.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the new Psijic Castle coming out, it has essentially 4 sub zones. There is no reason this should have the same limit as the single 'zone' ETC mansion. I can also place 700 dice or 700 statues, there is no way these have the same stress impacts to a server.

I don't understand it myself either, but I have to assume ZOS knows something we don't. They are fully aware that players are very unhappy with the limits, especially in the larger houses. There are plenty of things I'd like in the game, but if ZOS says they are technically not possible, then you have to assume they don't have a solution. Asking them to sell you more slots when they aren't able to just won't work. You can say "yes they can" all day long, but it's not the players you have to convince.

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea! But personally, for some of the huge houses that people already pay so much money for, I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect them to pay once again to be able to decorate them! The enormous ones need a base limit much higher than 700 to begin with.

If ZOS are truly unable to increase item limits, for whatever reason, then they need to stop releasing homes the size of entire delves and start concentrating on releasing amazing small and medium homes, for those of us who actually want our homes to be furnished :wink:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my confusion. A sweet roll and separate loaf of bread count as two items. But in the crown store there is a stack of 5 pieces bread and 3 sweet rolls that count as 1 item.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I couldn't agree more. I dont want 10,000 items. I just want the ability to make our homes look appropriately full. It makes me chuckle when I see the loading screen to each home. They have their whole capacity shown in that one picture ;)

I agree 100% with this too! Those of us who have been asking for this for so long aren’t asking for insane and unreasonable item limits, we just want enough to be able to decorate efficiently! The new Psijiic Villa cannot even be decorated nicely on a basic level. I’m shocked that they would even charge people for that home with a 700 item limit :fearful:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea! But personally, for some of the huge houses that people already pay so much money for, I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect them to pay once again to be able to decorate them! The enormous ones need a base limit much higher than 700 to begin with.

If ZOS are truly unable to increase item limits, for whatever reason, then they need to stop releasing homes the size of entire delves and start concentrating on releasing amazing small and medium homes, for those of us who actually want our homes to be furnished :wink:

Agreed. If there is a systems limitation, they need to step back from creating 200,000ft homes.