The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck at "Requesting character load"

phoena14ub17_ESO
phoena14ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So the past two days I have not been able to play. I can get into the game at the main login, but when I actually select a character to play it gets stuck and will not load. This has been going on for 48 hours now. Its upsetting for one that I am missing out on the daily rewards since I cannot login. The second issue is that my ESO plus just renewed and I am currently paying to not play. I know I am not the only one with this issue, but the thread regarding this issue would not let me post on it. Any help here?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all add-ons are disabled?

Not an issue if you’re on console.

Make sure you have a support ticket started ... you won’t get a direct response in the thread about your specific issue.

The easiest way to let your ESO+ expire is for you to change it in your account before it expires.

Since you forgot, that will be another separate support ticket.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 8, 2018 11:45PM
  • phoena14ub17_ESO
    phoena14ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not mad that it renewed, I want to play the game. I CANNOT play because the game will not let me load into it. That is the issue. A ticket is open and wiping addons and rebooting everything did nothing. To put it in some perspective the internet is lightning fast otherwise. ESO seems to be running at dial up speeds just to log into the character select screen and won't load after that. I gave over half an hour and no log in.
  • phoena14ub17_ESO
    phoena14ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    After a few days of "Support" from Zenimax my problem has not changed. I have tried logging in on different internet sources, updated all drivers, deleted all addons, reinstalled the game, turned the graphics all the way down and cannot log in. I can however change to the EU servers and log in with absolutely no issue with lightning speed. Just my NA server characters cannot be logged in. Has ANYONE ever had this issue and how did they fix?
  • s6khill
    s6khill
    Soul Shriven
    My wife and I have had this same issue since wolfhunter. We are using a VPN to bypass the issue. Annoying as hell!
  • phoena14ub17_ESO
    phoena14ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well I am going on two weeks now and zenimax support doesn't even try to help anymore. I can tell they have given up on me. I am going to try to set up a VPN, once I learn how to. The odd part is that I have ZERO issues connecting to the EU servers still. It is lightning fast. I had a guildmate log in and it went through with no issues at all. It seems like something is blocking my PC from connecting to the NA server and Zenimax won't even try to look into it. They just keep saying to "Delete this file" or "Run this report" "update your video card drivers"..... so glad I am paying for this game right now...
  • s6khill
    s6khill
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same trouble Phoena...Been talking back and forth with support but I feel the same annoyance. They keep escalating the ticket but I haven't heard back from the "next level" of support in 2 days. I've been using windscribe VPN to play the game. Try using that, its very simple to use.