The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Could ZoS please fix Thieves Guild Quest: Forever Hold Your Peace?

Hocofaisan
Hocofaisan
✭✭
I have been stuck on this quest for a couple of days now. I notice that this bug has been in the game since the launch of the Thieves guild and never addressed by the Devs.

Basically you get stuck on the point hwen you are supposed to open the Door to the Palace kitchen, and you are unable to interact with it.

I have restarted the quest 5 times.
I have disabled addons.
I have tried different permuations of attacking the scripts. NO LUCK.

I would like to finish the questline on this character. Please help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hocofaisan

Since your character is still stuck after disabling mods and restarting the quest, we recommend starting a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hocofaisan
    Hocofaisan
    ✭✭
    I have twice....
    Only got a response from Customer Support once.

It was a auto response that asked me to reloadui or relog or drop quest.

Note that I stated I did this 5 times in the inital ticket, leading me to know that no one read the ticket and the response was generated based on the category that the ticket was submitted under.

That is really not a great impression of customer service....

I am still stuck.
    Edited by Hocofaisan on August 9, 2018 1:11AM
  • Hocofaisan
    Hocofaisan
    ✭✭
  • BiohazardRevenant
    bsn6tnmhf3uj.png

Here we are murkmire released and a fix to Forever Hold your peace has been put in, but the only thing it did was let me in the house. Now I sit inside the house unable to interact with any NPC, not getting seen or receiving any bounty when standing in front of NPC's and also cant attack them. The quest stops yet again after all these years I am still unable to complete thieves guild.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest yesterday. Specifically 12h ago. It worked perfectly.

Indeed no bounty is given at this part, after the little scene where "some people" are arrested, it just said for me to escape from the castle with my mate. I went on to the next quest, completed it and there's another one I left to do today.
  • BiohazardRevenant
    Customer support told me they dont speak with DEV's which I find odd and confusing after dealing with them for hours on end about this issue all they can tell me is hopefully it will be fixed in a future patch. Well im posting another picture of the same quest which after murkmire aloud me to get 1 step further but I still cannot complete it after all this time, cant get the skill points cant get the title or momento.fqnrbnbgi73l.png
  • BiohazardRevenant
    I have tried all the tricks, even tried doing it in a group as you can see since some people said it worked for them when they did that. This has been a problem for years and just gets ignored when people pay for this DLC and cant complete it.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've encountered that bug before but restarting fixed it. It occurs due to something specific to how you get to that point in the quest, if you do things a little differently it doesn't happen. (I don't know what the actual trigger is unfortunately)
  • BiohazardRevenant
    I have tried doing it every different way trust me, I was trying it twice a day using different options and costumes every time or pick pocketing a different waiter or both since the first never gives you the key. Now i can enter by pick pocketing one waiter still not giving a key but I am stuck inside were it says I am trespassing but cant get a bounty. Probably tried doing this quest over 50 times in as many different ways as can be done.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    In addition to pickpocketing the key, you also have to acquire the information on where to find the Magnifica, which can usually be acquired by merely talking to the servant on the left-hand side of the pool, and then getting the wine for her.

@Alassirana