Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bought crowns literally a DAY before crown sale!!! Can I get an adjustment?

djinn1148
djinn1148
I bought a $99.99 crown pack yesterday, and I see that they just went on sale today. In any retailer in the world, there would be an adjustment, or something, and I am wondering if that is at all possible here? I don’t really want the money back, since I would just use them to buy more crowns, but perhaps I could get the difference in crowns or something? I mean, ONE DAY! I have the steam purchase proof, and everything! @ZOS_GinaBruno any advice? I hate to feel like I’m screwed for not knowing there was gonna be a sale. I bought a couple packs two weeks ago, and I know that’s not long, but it also wasn’t YESTERDAY, so I don’t expect anything for those, but at least the one pack I did buy???
For the love of... Oh forget it. You've already stole it, so let's have fun!

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
Djinn Z - PVP - Random Nightblade Build
Djinn Vi - PVE - Pet sorc (Summoner)
Dro'Humilem - PVE - Stamblade (Rampage)
Bunni Z - PVE - Stamplar (Jabsmania)
Raistlin Majere - PVE - Sorc DD (Mystic)
Richard Rahl - PVE - Health Tank (Siphoner)
Theophylaktos - PVE - Dragonknight Tank (Catalyst)
Heka the Goddess - PVE - Templar Tank (Paladin)
Jessica Rabbit - PVE - Dragonknight DD (Venom)
Warden Frostangla - PVE - Warden DD (fire and ice)
Carra the Emulsifier - PVE - Templar DD (Beamplar)
He-man - PVP - Stam Warden (Spectre)
Radelia Umexidor - PVP - Bow Gank (Silencium)
Katarina Death Bringer - PVP - Magicka Nightblade (Zerg Bomb)
Mazakeen the Lilim - PVE/PVP - Stam sorc
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148
    Hell, I’ll PAY the extra $5 if I could just get the extra 7000 crowns.
    Math:
    Regular
    99.99 - 14000 crowns
    149.99 - 21000 crowns
    Sales price
    74.99 - 14000 crowns
    104.99 - 21000 crowns

Maybe?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA

Sorry, not sure who to tag.

Thank you!

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Write a support ticket, bro.
    Once a Forum CM reads this they gonna make a ticket for you anyway.

So why not skip ahead an create a ticket yourself.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

Chrome has a few issues with this site tho. So if you use chrome, Edge will suffice.
    Also don't expect anything. Read the TOS that you agreed to on purchase.

"ZeniMax reserves the right to change the price for any Purchased Virtual Currency or to bundle Purchased Virtual Currency in any amount with other Services or access to other Services at any time and without providing notice to You. You will have no right to a refund as a result of any change in the price or bundling at which Purchase Virtual Currency can be obtained, subject only to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1). In the case of Complimentary Virtual Currency, ZeniMax reserves the right to change or limit the amount of Complimentary Virtual Currency granted as part of any ongoing or continuous promotion, to discontinue any promotion or to bundle Complimentary Virtual Currency in any amount with other Services or access to other Services at any time and without providing notice to You".
    Edited by Aiko on August 7, 2018 8:55PM
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148
    I apprciate the feedback, and I’ll make a ticket now. I know I’m not “entitled” to anything, and I understand the logistics. But it does seem like it’s a bit sad to buy something, and find out less than 12 hours later, they’re for sale. Hope things work out in my favor, though. Fingers crossed!

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I can totally understand your situation.

I wish you luck!
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be setting a terrible precedent to give you an adjustment.

Dont hold your breath.

Dont hold your breath.

Or show excellent customer service. Highly unlikely there are more than a few cases of buying crowns less than 24 hours prior. More than a 3 day window should be excluded, but if there were crown purchases made 72 hours or less, maybe they should be treated just a bit different. There isn’t a point to knowingly buying crowns in that window, when it would just be easier to buy during the actual sale. It’s not entirely too much to ask for, just a show of good will on the part of ZOS.

Though, I don’t expect anything. I also don’t feel like this is entirely a fair deal. I know ToS protect them from any obligation, this is more of a request.

Though, I wonder how this would be a “terrible thing” to honor something like this? If it were done strictly on a request basis, it would take the user to initiate the claims before it was addressed. I doubt people go know about an upcoming sale, are going to buy crowns the day before, intentionally.

Had I known... I would’ve waited until today.

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does set a precedent. I'm not saying it's a good feeling to have bought them a day ago, but if you are given an adjustment then what about everyone that bought it a day before you did? If you get an adjustment, then certainly those that bought it 24 hours before you did should also get one and then what about those that bought it 2 days ago?

ZOS has to have a cutoff at some point. Yes, it would be nice if they gave more than absolutely no notice about sales like this. I actually saw a player post about the sale hours before I saw anything official from ZOS. It's not that it would be a bad thing if you got an adjustment, but it would be bad for everyone else that also bought them yesterday that doesn't get an adjustment, only because they don't want to send in a ticket and cause extra work for the company.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff like this is why it'd be nice for them to give us a heads up a few days in advance on when the next crown sale will be.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    djinn1148 wrote: »
    I bought a $99.99 crown pack yesterday, and I see that they just went on sale today. In any retailer in the world, there would be an adjustment, or something, and I am wondering if that is at all possible here? I don’t really want the money back, since I would just use them to buy more crowns, but perhaps I could get the difference in crowns or something? I mean, ONE DAY! I have the steam purchase proof, and everything! @ZOS_GinaBruno any advice? I hate to feel like I’m screwed for not knowing there was gonna be a sale. I bought a couple packs two weeks ago, and I know that’s not long, but it also wasn’t YESTERDAY, so I don’t expect anything for those, but at least the one pack I did buy???

I feel sorry for you, but you have to acknowledge that you purchased the $99 crown pack RIGHT BEFORE the sale happened. Your probably are not the only one that did this, but the crown sale was not in effect when you bought it. There was no way of knowing when the crown packs were going on sale. I wish you luck :#
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    They announced the crowns would be on sale well in advance. Don't hold your breath for them to adjust your crowns.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• djinn1148
    djinn1148
    When was the announcement? I’m subbed to the forums, the twitter pages, instagram, Facebook, watch the streams on twitch, and I play daily on both PS4 and pc... so why haven’t I heard anything about it?

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was announced here, in there with information about Quakecon and the free crates/mount for watching the twitch stream.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54529
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @djinn1148 did not say whether the platform was PS4 or PC. If it was PS4, go to Sony, not ZOS.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148
    @lordrichter I purchased on pc, through steam, on the 6th. I submitted a ticket directly to zos, and haven’t heard back.

@Zhaedri the link you gave me shows a date of the 7th, which is the exact date I wrote this post, because I saw nothing informing me prior. “Here and there” isn’t really giving me a real clear picture of when they made mention.

To address the issue of “if for a day, why not two, why not three, etc... how about a window warning.

“Crown sale coming in three days, get your crown stockpile during our X day crown sale!”

That covers a three day window, excludes them from having to make any adjustments, and gives them a realistic 3 day window for people to be notified, and given the choice to wait or not. . This is all just your typical sales buffer. Saying nothing, giving no warning, and just dropping a sale kind of spits in the face of people like me, who don’t hoard our money to ONLY buy during crown sales. I buy often, have spent more money than I care to admit, and was just asking about the possibility of something. I don’t expect anything, I just feel a little bit taken for granted as a user.

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148
    Sorry @Zhaedri I reread your post, and realize it didn’t say “here and there” but again, I see the link was dated he 7th, and nothing was mentioned before that. Honestly, I would’ve waited a day. I still bought 2 packs of 21000 today, it’s just a customer service thing at this point. If I bought a game at Gamestop, and the next day, they had a sale... they would refund the difference, or do something. Here... I am being ignored, with only fellow users even acknowledging the issue, and no real way to get in touch with anyone else. I appreciate all the input from everyone, though.

Can I get a dev to see this??? Maybe get a DM, or an answer?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE

I love the game, but the customer service seems really tough to navigate.

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    djinn1148 wrote: »

Dont hold your breath.

Or show excellent customer service. Highly unlikely there are more than a few cases of buying crowns less than 24 hours prior. More than a 3 day window should be excluded, but if there were crown purchases made 72 hours or less, maybe they should be treated just a bit different. There isn’t a point to knowingly buying crowns in that window, when it would just be easier to buy during the actual sale. It’s not entirely too much to ask for, just a show of good will on the part of ZOS.

Though, I don’t expect anything. I also don’t feel like this is entirely a fair deal. I know ToS protect them from any obligation, this is more of a request.

Though, I wonder how this would be a “terrible thing” to honor something like this? If it were done strictly on a request basis, it would take the user to initiate the claims before it was addressed. I doubt people go know about an upcoming sale, are going to buy crowns the day before, intentionally.

Had I known... I would’ve waited until today.

Always wait for sales. That should be your approach for all things gaming.

Especially before a public event like E3 or QuakeCon.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on August 9, 2018 4:36AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @djinn1148 , in general, I would start with who I purchased the Crowns from. In this case, Steam. Then, when they tell me to go soak my head in acid, i'd go to ZOS. Some people might think that is because I like pain and want ZOS to tell me to soak my head in acid, too... :smile: I prefer to think of it as doubling my chances to get it resolved.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    must be the only company that doesn't advertise their sales weeks in advance or at all lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    must be the only company that doesn't advertise their sales weeks in advance or at all lol

They actually did formally mention it this time. I saw the commentary from players before I saw the mention from ZOS, though. Maybe I just don't pay attention.
  • Dacalana
    Dacalana
    ✭✭✭
    That's easy to say "wait for sales" when you need something from store that's there for a limited time.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stuff like this is why it'd be nice for them to give us a heads up a few days in advance on when the next crown sale will be.

I agree. Another one of those things where communications and transparency with the player base can go a long way to improve customer relations.