Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fall damage from knockup abilities and Ald Carac

SergeantPink
SergeantPink
✭✭✭
It’s happened to me twice now. I’ll get hit with a knock up ability and take 15k fall damage.

It’s location based. It only happens behind the wall/flag location at the spawn points. Basically it’s the spot where people hold onto the chaosball on this map. No, I’m not standing on the spawn point. Im below in the combat area.

I have a screenshot if needed. Sorry if this has already been reported.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you able to post the screenshot here or PM it to me directly? Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I guess its classified as environmental damage. I dont know if its the same

85r4wf7ptq3d.png
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this too from Fire Rune (mages guild) last night. Will post screenshot when I see it again.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    This happens when you are on the wall by a spawn point
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭

Wasn’t on the wall. Was fighting someone on the ground. Can’t take path of darkness damage on top of the wall
    Edited by SergeantPink on August 6, 2018 10:03PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e0smy5knkh8d.jpg
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SergeantPink
    SergeantPink
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Pretty sure I was hit by a shooting star as well in the other instance (which I don’t have a screen shot of)
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

Wasn’t on the wall. Was fighting someone on the ground. Can’t take path of darkness damage on top of the wall

Didn't mean on the wall just next to the wall below the spawn point. This has happened to me too. I don't think I even got hit by a knock back on one of them either.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had the same problem happen to me from an ice comet, just not in ald carac, but on the foyada quarry map and have a video of it recorded.
    I have sent you the link to it as a PM @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all! Appreciate the extra info. We're having our QA team dig into it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    J9r0sFO.jpg
    ANnther one, seems to be related to shooting star i guess.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Since you are looking into it, how about fixing these two spots were you can literally JUMP into environmental damage without being hit by any knockbacks? I posted this thread months ago but no one responded to it.

Edit: I'll explain this issue clearly. The map boundaries that prevent players from leaving the playable area via instant environmental damage equal to your health are too close to the map in some spots. Meteor and volcanic rune knock your character up into the air by (5,8?) meters. When this occurs, your character hits the boundary and is instantly killed. Common places for this to occur are right in front of the spawn points on most BG maps. The video I've posted below shows two spots where you can literally jump up high enough to hit this boundary and be instantly killed, which are arguably more problematic as the require no player interaction to occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOXx2_BrYE
    Edited by React on August 10, 2018 6:28PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soon(tm)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh look you still can kill ppl with fall damage in bg

(at least on the map with the blade trap)
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it still works. (tested it today with flame rune)
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the Q&A testing going? :)
    - Update 23
  • MyGTX
    MyGTX
    ✭✭✭
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Working as intended” since Morrowind.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Update 23