Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"All About Mechanics" - Dungeon/Trial/Arena Guide Series!

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making these vids, it's a great idea. :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making these vids, it's a great idea. :)

you are most welcome and thank you , i am glad they are helpful :)
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Wow only just seen this thread! Totally gonna fave it and subscribe to the channel later on :) good work @xynode
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow only just seen this thread! Totally gonna fave it and subscribe to the channel later on :) good work @xynode

Thank you! And of course you are most welcome, hope the series helps:)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Mantis187
    Mantis187
    Soul Shriven
    still waiting on some VET runs
    "The beauty of a dream is that it's a fantasy, if it happens it was never a dream..." -FMA
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mantis187 wrote: »
    still waiting on some VET runs

All of the videos are on VET :)
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan! Love your vids. Especially your build videos when they go against the meta :wink:
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    Big fan! Love your vids. Especially your build videos when they go against the meta :wink:

Btw, if you want to see the @xynode builds in action, check out his streams on twitch, hes a busy ninja and streams almost every night (European Timezone) :wink:
    Edited by sudaki_eso on August 15, 2018 9:25AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only watched a handful of these so far, but I am finding them quite informative, so thank you.
    (And Darkshade 2 was just posted).
    One request though, especially as you get into the DLCs? The inclusion of tank-specific information would be lovely. It's the role that is sometimes the most mechanics heavy, and where the cues and responses are potentially quite different depending on the circumstances. I also run into the fewest people who know how to tank the more difficult dungeons, which makes it harder to learn.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I've only watched a handful of these so far, but I am finding them quite informative, so thank you.
    (And Darkshade 2 was just posted).
    One request though, especially as you get into the DLCs? The inclusion of tank-specific information would be lovely. It's the role that is sometimes the most mechanics heavy, and where the cues and responses are potentially quite different depending on the circumstances. I also run into the fewest people who know how to tank the more difficult dungeons, which makes it harder to learn.

thank you and yes the more complex tank heavy ones will be of course explained. Even in this one on the last boss i explain the importance of the tank and what THEY can do in comparison to the common "you don't need a tank here" attitude. Some complex stuff coming up in the next few videos:)

4x more til DLC stuff! :)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just another thank you for the guides so far. I watched the FG2 guide a week or two ago. Yesterday, I tanked it vet HM on my warden; I haven't run this one in quite a while. For the first time, I actually felt like I knew what was going on in every encounter. We had one wipe on Gamnye Bandu (not as good coordination on shades, and the healer didn't know the link mechanic) but I think no other deaths.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Just another thank you for the guides so far. I watched the FG2 guide a week or two ago. Yesterday, I tanked it vet HM on my warden; I haven't run this one in quite a while. For the first time, I actually felt like I knew what was going on in every encounter. We had one wipe on Gamnye Bandu (not as good coordination on shades, and the healer didn't know the link mechanic) but I think no other deaths.

AWESOME! glad to hear these are helpful and thank you for your message, 4x more to come before i hit the dlcs. Keep your eyes peeled:)
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice series
  • MuchShock
    MuchShock
    ✭✭✭
    These are fantastic, thanks @xynode !!
    I have some characters, play the game and do stuff. It's fun sometimes.

Xbox-NA
  • erinthebow
    erinthebow
    Soul Shriven
    I am a big fan of both your builds and your dungeon videos. I am hoping that when you complete the DLC dungeons you will do similar videos for vet Dragon Star Arena and vet "New Arena" coming with Murkmire.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see some more DLC dungeons! Keep up the good work.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now for some Imperial City Prison for All About Mechanics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQeOQyPNqM&t=15s
  • empressoftime
    empressoftime
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting the videos,they are great.I watched City of Ash 2 video because I wanted the Monster helm.It was my first veteran dungeon and I wasn't sure if I could do veteran dungeons yet but your video helped a lot.It was very stressful but I felt good after killing the last boss and getting the helm.I'm definitely going to use this guide for the other dungeons.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting the videos,they are great.I watched City of Ash 2 video because I wanted the Monster helm.It was my first veteran dungeon and I wasn't sure if I could do veteran dungeons yet but your video helped a lot.It was very stressful but I felt good after killing the last boss and getting the helm.I'm definitely going to use this guide for the other dungeons.

Thank you!
    You did City Of Ash II as your FIRST vet dungeon? wow way to go in at the deep end haha well done indeed!
    I am glad these have helped you and congratulations on the helm! :)
  • chorkpop
    chorkpop
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to say thanks in advance for the DLC dungeon guides you are about to post. Your videos are top notch and they are definitely needed as a lot of the information that comes up through googling is very incomplete or even wrong. Hope to some day use one of your guides to finally get Zaan since I refuse to be carried.
  • empressoftime
    empressoftime
    ✭✭
    xynode wrote: »

Thank you!
    You did City Of Ash II as your FIRST vet dungeon? wow way to go in at the deep end haha well done indeed!
    I am glad these have helped you and congratulations on the helm! :)

Thank you:).I know it was crazy to do that dungeon first but I was prepared and I knew what do thanks to your video.
  • vienna
    vienna
    ✭✭
    Those are good videos but frankly unrealistic. Eso and dungeons,.. depends on so many things,..for a casual player without professional gamer equipment and random group finder option,(which is probably the majority)..for me it's bellow what F2p games offer in this regard. It's the complete mechanic in ESO that makes dungeon or group experience in eso very limited time to enjoy without some stress:p....I would say it's fun to max lvl 40, after it, the difficult lvl explode and you suddenly need good equipment and also team players, without this,...well. Especially if you play as healer,..they are in whole new dimension when it comes to difficulty in dungeons, a tank can be also tricky if you come across healers that do everything else but heal, while dmg dealer is by far the easiest and you might enjoy it at most in dungeons.
    Edited by vienna on October 27, 2018 11:31AM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    vienna wrote: »
    Those are good videos but frankly unrealistic. Eso and dungeons,.. depends on so many things,..for a casual player without professional gamer equipment and random group finder option,(which is probably the majority)..for me it's bellow what F2p games offer in this regard. It's the complete mechanic in ESO that makes dungeon or group experience in eso very limited time to enjoy without some stress:p....I would say it's fun to max lvl 40, after it, the difficult lvl explode and you suddenly need good equipment and also team players, without this,...well. Especially if you play as healer,..they are in whole new dimension when it comes to difficulty in dungeons, a tank can be also tricky if you come across healers that do everything else but heal, while dmg dealer is by far the easiest and you might enjoy it at most in dungeons.

People having difficulty and also having issues with PUGS who do not understand what to do, is the whole point of this series. This is about as "realistic" as it gets. Explaining all mechanics so that they can be digested and understood making the dungeon delving experience much less stressful with the knowledge of how they work. Gear will enhance performance to an extent but if you do not know what to do, you are not going to perform regardless.

Learning how things work in this game is the most important part of any content.

• xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruins Of Mazzatun "All About Mechanics" video! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZU0ZcG7wc&t=879s
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep them coming. They're awesome, the way you explain them makes it easy to digest. When you're done with the dungeon series do you ever intend to do trials?