Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I get more damage from my stamplar ??

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you have questions on how to set your champion points...

once you have your gear, glyphs and food/drink buff sorted out - go through each cp tree and buff your character where they need help (like your health recovery), or, buff your character where they are focused (like dealing direct physical damage)...

spend some time too go over the bonuses you get at 30, 75, 120 points invested in that tree...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 31, 2018 7:31PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    RznKZ3l.jpg

Are you on PS4 NA? I can get you nirnhoned weapons to research so you can then transmute them. Nirn is really great for Stamina in PvP.
    Hmmm nirnhone is only trait I’m missing on weapons , I need someone to craft it as can’t change the trait as don’t know it . Ravager comes in medium doesn’t it.
    ?
    Ravaging set comes in Heavy armor and is in Vlastarus. If you don't want to run the heavy armor, you can get the pvp bags from that town, and get the jewelry/weapons, then wear the bone pirate armor. Or like another poster said, 3 ravaging jewels/2 body pieces isn't bad idea either.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 31, 2018 7:21PM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi geonsocal iv changes some skills re cp my points played with some armors will see how it goes . Which sets u Reccomend ? Impenetrable or that the trait ?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, always challenging to recommend sets...

what worked well for myself at one time - may not be as effective for someone else...

if you are still feeling your way through cyrodiil - more survivability is always better...however, you do want to be able to kill other players - even the folks with almost double the cp as yourself...

I found dreugh king slayer to be a set that provides a bunch of pure weapon damage:
    Dreugh King Slayer Set
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage.
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage.
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Gain Major Brutality at all times, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%. When you kill an enemy, you gain Major Expedition for 20 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

it's not exactly a beginner's pvp set, but, close to it...and, it helps your bow out a bunch, cuz, you don't have to have folks attacking you to get the damage bonus...

it can be found in fungal grotto 1, to make life easier on yourself - maybe just try to find 5 body pieces...

for your second set - i'd recommend marksman's crest:
    Marksman's Crest Set
    (2 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (3 Items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 Items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 Items) Reduce the Stamina cost of abilities by 5% and increase the damage of your bow abilities against players by 8%.

for this most part this will take care of your survivability (if you use five heavy body pieces), sustain and damage...

markman's crest jewelry should be very easy and cheap (less than 15k for all three pieces) to find at guild stores...the two body peices should be equally easy to acquire...once you've run through fungal grotto a few times - just see what two pieces you still need to fill out......

the challenge is getting a hold of (2) one handed weapons and a bow to match...using DKS and Markman's is going to leave your weapon crit really low - you may want to look for precise weapons - and use the two piece set bonus (like briarheart or swamp raider) that boosts your weapon crit...

or, you can just find some weapons that will boost your stamina or weapon damage...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 31, 2018 8:59PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    once you've decided on a path for gear - it might be useful to go over your rotations...
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice will aim for those sets prob the second set first marksmans crest set to replace unfathmable darkness . as I found I had lots of ravagers pieces in my inventory from quests so upgraded to to purple plus added a agility axe with my dagger took ur advice with warrior stone too . Also added agility ring so always 3 piece and bought ravaging ring added weapon glyphs to all 3 I’m pretty happy with stats plus got the drink u reccomend too . I’m on eu server unfortunately :( I have swapped my skills around and respected my cp points can’t wait to test tommoz as just changed everything today for 4 hrs lol is sharpened ok on weapons as not got nirnhoned as I know ? As have 150 transmute crystals so can change . Will try and post my pics in a bit now is lower weapon damage dual is higher. Can’t wait to get back into pvp tommorow to test out the mk2 stamplar :)
    Edited by LordLomax on July 31, 2018 10:49PM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    z8nICli.jpg
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    WnHljSv.jpg
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, look at you...very nice...good job...

after you do some "live" testing against your fellow pvp buddies...let us know what skills you're using in your rotation...

have fun :)

make sure you are quickslotting potions...as a minimum you should be using the alliance health and battle draughts...

potions for the win - at the very least, they'll keep you alive for a few more seconds...which, sometimes matters a lot...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 31, 2018 11:09PM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks :) I will do but I will be crap for first hour or so until get used to new skills and buttons for them except my fave skill and one bow skill swapped them all out for ones not used including some I didn’t know I had lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you can, bookmark this thread...you'll have fun looking back a few months from now...there's sooooo much different things to learn about this game that can help you improve your character...

a year from now - your characters will be on a whole other level...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're using food/drink yes?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iv now bought the right food and drink as I bought wrong one I was using it to get rid it was magic and stamina not health and stamina .
    Where do I get the king slayer set from ?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iv now bought the right food and drink as I bought wrong one I was using it to get rid it was magic and stamina not health and stamina .
    Where do I get the king slayer set from ?

You should consider dubious throne. If you're Xbox I can make you a ton.

King Slayer drops in Fungal Grotto 1 iirc - Not something I would use but that's where it drops :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer but I’m on ps4 unfortunately, okay doke will be doing some dungeon delving after Midyear mayhem ends lol
    Ps curiousity what rank are you ? I’m hoping to get to lieutenant in next 5/6 days got 400k Ap to earn lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer but I’m on ps4 unfortunately, okay doke will be doing some dungeon delving after Midyear mayhem ends lol
    Ps curiousity what rank are you ? I’m hoping to get to lieutenant in next 5/6 days got 400k Ap to earn lol

I actually have no idea. I think 5 of my characters are ranked 17. (what that corresponds to I dunno) and my main is a bit higher. Not really something I've ever payed attention to.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just checked my trophies, completed main quest chapter 1 (soul shriven in coldharbour) on july 3rd, 2015...

earned the alliance war rank: recruit on september 1st, 2015...for the first two months I played the game - I thought I would hate pvp...

out of the 150 days or so I've spent playing eso (in your "say" text chat type:

/played

to see how much time you've spent in game), I've spent well over 100 of those days in cyrodiil...man, that's over 2,400 hours - yikes :)

I have a few captains, a few lieutenants, a couple of 1st sergeants, and my two newest characters (wardens) are sergeants still...

i know, not so impressive...

I had a lot of trouble earning AP my first couple of years...I rarely grouped, and, to be honest, I play at a pretty slow pace...

i imagine I should be reaching grand overlord sometime - never :p
    Edited by geonsocal on August 1, 2018 7:43PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhone your main hand weapon always

always use 3 glyphs of increase physical harm

always gold your main hand weapon

always have an infused weapon with the repora + Okori + Kuta glyph on it.

Fighter's guild abilities will increase your weapon damage

With no buffs to weapon damage whatsoever it is very easy to surpass 3000 weapon damage

Fully buffed, no stam build should have less than 4500 weapon damage. My hybrid warden has 6400 weapon and spell damage fully buffed.

Which glyph does that make ? The physical harm glyphs are they armor or weapon ?
    Anyone reccomend 400 cp build ?

Physical harm is the jewelry glyph, the repora okori kuta glyph is a weapon glyph. Both will buff your weapon damage though.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    WnHljSv.jpg

Man, as a newbie stamplar as you are, I can give you some tips, because Im very focused atm on templar building and pvp.
    I have to say that your stamina regen is terrible. Get at least 1500 for starter, than work around to have ~2000.

I have checked so many guides on youtube and got so many tips from vets, that its very clear to me what we, newbie stamplars, have to do first. And that very first thing we do as a pvp stamplars - we go to veteran Blackheart heaven dungeon and farm Bone pirate set. After we farm it, we starting to use a drink along with it (if you have ~50k gold, buy Dubious comoran throne recipe from guild traders and start making those potions). Those are best for any kind of stamina pvp. If you dont have the gold, make yourself any other version of drink which gives you health and stamina regen. Also you can buy Dubious comoran throne drinks from trader directly - its like 500 gold/per drink.

Bone pirate is a best set for extreme stamina/regen pool for newbies and will serve you for months. Also - dont even think about champion points now..They are useless to you as you shoudnt play on CP compaign where you will be eaten alive by most players. Focus on BGs and non CP Cyrodiil (im sure you do that already). Stamina pool, regen, weap damage increases when you are in questing zones and gives you wrong feeling about how strong you are.

So, with a stamina fortress on you (Bone pirate), you can start to think what to pair with it. There are plenty of choices out there and its up to you what to wear. But mostly its all the same suggestions everywhere - ravager (medium or heavy), fury, hundings rage, automaton, marksman (if you focus on bow dmg), fortified brass (medium). Monster sets - Selene, Bloodspawn, Velidreth..

But first things first..Get that Bone Pirate.

Edited by Valabrog on August 1, 2018 6:50AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal Unlike Veiled Heritance, Ravager, etc, Dreugh King Slayer doesn't give you a flat weapon damage bonus, but instead the Major Brutality buff. You can gain Major Brutality from other sources, such as potions, the dual wield skill Hidden Blade and its morphs, and the two handed skill Momentum and its morphs.

Major Brutality is also a multiplier to your weapon damage, so the more base weapon damage you have, the more effective Major Brutality will be. If you can source Major Brutality from pots or skills, and run a flat bonus set like Ravager, you'll end up with higher weapon damage than if you were to just run DKS.

DKS can be useful if you have no other source of Major Brutality, which you don't on Templar, outside of what I listed. Sorc's can get it from their Surge ability, DK's can run the Igneous Weapons morph of Molten Weapons (though they tend to get it from pots / Hidden Blade / Momentum to run the other morph, Molten Armaments), NB's can run the Drain Power ability (though NB's also tend to get it from other sources as Drain Power is pointless aside from the Major Brutality), and Warden's can get it from the Bull Netch morph of Betty Netch. But it is weaker than running Veiled Heritance / Seventh Legion / Fury / Ravager and getting Major Brutality from another source.

The Major Expedition buff it gives is nice, though, and would save on running speed pots or Quick Cloak.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m playing on cp 7 day standard campaign shor !! I NOw have the ravager set and the dubious conoran (bought not crafted drink) I’m Defo will go after the bone pirate when event ends .
    What’s best way to get stamina recovery up ? It was ok but I respecced and it’s gone down .
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

just checked my trophies, completed main quest chapter 1 (soul shriven in coldharbour) on july 3rd, 2015...

earned the alliance war rank on september 1st, 2015...for the first two months I played the game - I thought I would hate pvp...

out of the 150 days or so I've spent playing eso (in your "say" text chat type:

/played

to see how much time you've spent in game), I've spent well over 100 of those days in cyrodiil...man, that's over 2,400 hours - yikes :)

I have a few captains, a few lieutenants, a couple of 1st sergeants, and my two newest characters (wardens) are sergeants still...

i know, not so impressive...

I had a lot of trouble earning AP my first couple of years...I rarely grouped, and, to be honest, I play at a pretty slow pace...

i imagine I should be reaching grand overlord sometime - never :p

Blimey you been busy with alts I have too one who is female elf warden at cp420 as well but not used her for months she just gets horse training lol but I did get gang lair mages outfit style from battlegrounds rewards so will be using it on her plus a level 40 sorcerer with pets who I’m giving break for while as love my main best as he gets all achievements first new elf sorcerer is for dungeons and hard stuff when Iv got him Leveled I hope !! Both alts are only volunteers as just wanted the extra mount speed . They are gonna be pve only .
    Gonna try that tonight the played time will let u know later .
    Have u any pics of your people ? Any stanplars ?
    Forgot to say are you guys also star made knights ?
    Edited by LordLomax on August 1, 2018 12:00PM
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    I’m playing on cp 7 day standard campaign shor !! I NOw have the ravager set and the dubious conoran (bought not crafted drink) I’m Defo will go after the bone pirate when event ends .
    What’s best way to get stamina recovery up ? It was ok but I respecced and it’s gone down .

Bone pirate set, as mentioned above. It will boost you stamina pool and add plenty of stam recovery. Along with that only jewelry enchants and mundus stone - you have to play with weapon dmg and stam recovery to balance those.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bone pirate will take care of recovery mostly but more than one way to skin a cat. What you running with Ravager?
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m still running unfathmable darkness set at mo but will be replacing weapons now have axe and dagger of agility as well as bow of agility all stuff purple .
    Will get bone pirate after event when got used to new skills .
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going with agility set, youd probably have to glyph for recovery or run the serpent mundus stone. It really depends on how much recovery you want. Vampire will add some stam, but at the increased damage cost, I cant see using it on my stamplar. I run werewolf but give up an ultimate slot on my main bar to get the recovery. I like 2500 stam recovery myself because I use bursts of sprint and roll dodge, and if you are using jabs as your main spammable, trying to heavy attack and channel that both regularly will have you too slow.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Dubious Camoran Throne really 500 gold? I've seen it in guilds for 100 or less on EU-PC. I don't see why it would be much more expensive on other servers.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Is Dubious Camoran Throne really 500 gold? I've seen it in guilds for 100 or less on EU-PC. I don't see why it would be much more expensive on other servers.

100-150 g low end in NA-PC. Some of the traders at the hot spots sell it for 250g a piece. I imagine console has it rougher as it doesnt have the add-ons that enable things like this: https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=14732&TradeType=Sell&ItemNamePattern=Dubious+Camoran+Throne&ItemCategory1ID=&ItemCategory2ID=&ItemCategory3ID=&ItemTraitID=&ItemQualityID=&IsChampionPoint=false&LevelMin=&LevelMax=&MasterWritVoucherMin=&MasterWritVoucherMax=&AmountMin=&AmountMax=&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&SortBy=Price&Order=asc&page=5
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bone pirate, The Serpent Mundus buff, stamina recovery glyphs, heavy attacking
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Most everything is more expensive on console.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA