Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Streak - Reaction to a change to Movespeed Steroid vs Blink?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't play Sorc much at all, but the general annoyance with it seems to be that it only moves the player in the XZ plane, and doesn't preserve momentum.

I propose that Streak be changed to a Movespeed steroid toggle. Essentially a Sorc Sprint. Thus just using the movement system already in the game.

On activation the player gains +200% movespeed (surpasses speed cap), becomes immune to roots/snares, and will stun and damage players as they pass through them. But can only move while the ability is toggled. This will drain Magicka/Second, and while the initial cast will have a GCD, toggling the ability off will not incur a GCD.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 31, 2018 8:00PM

Sorc Streak - Reaction to a change to Movespeed Steroid vs Blink? 31 votes

This sounds idiotic
58%
DeadlyReclusejbjondeaueb17_ESOArtemiisiaEdziusmacx250templesusCarbonisedGagginFeanorLichbourne90MyGTXSupremeRissoleKingslayer513JXNwarriornemvar_Ahala_PhiathornsyldolUrvoth 18 votes
Interesting, but would need to try out
19%
SolarikenApheriusSomewhereBeardimusWrathOfInnosAverrod1234 6 votes
Something else
22%
kojouBfish22090OneKhajiitCrimeWaveMalamar1229Larry78TheYKcidnotyuu 7 votes
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds idiotic
    Sounds boring. All they need to do is remove the self-snare on this ability and its fine
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came here fearing a Nerf post, nice to see someone addressing a problem with streak instead.

Unsure it's the answer, it something is needed. The animation is cool but that clunky drop at the end is terrible and the dragging of roots. It should remove them or handle the animation betterm

But good food for thought
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else
    That would ruin the Sorcerer's ability to get off map... Totally unacceptable.

What was wrong with streak as it is? I think a loss of momentum is a balanced trade off.
    Playing since beta...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    That would ruin the Sorcerer's ability to get off map... Totally unacceptable.

What was wrong with streak as it is? I think a loss of momentum is a balanced trade off.
    Id say the fact anyone om speed pots can out run you or the range is shorter than every gap closer which don't have increasing costs kinda sucks.

But id be happy with cool animation just to start.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds idiotic
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it sounds idiotic, but I really like the core functionality of streak and I'd rather they just fix the bugs with it. It should transfer momentum when it finishes and track up hills better. Removing snares and roots would be the cherry on top, but if ZOS can just fix the bugs first I'd be happy.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds idiotic
    Why remove a unique class skill in exchange for a buff equivalent to 3 swift jewelry, major expedition, and sprint in light or heavy armor? If this was a 200% speed boost after all other speed calculations and was allowed to bring players past speed cap then I could see it as a reasonable morph choice... but with the current speed cap, no
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds idiotic
    This idea kind of guts the "feel" of streak IMO. It has weaknesses, but that's what makes some people able to use it well and others just streak and die. The XY plane thing, for example, sets up some cool tricks that this change would wreck (streaking across gaps in terrain for instance) and would kinda make the offensive use of the skill really difficult.
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    On activation the player gains +200% movespeed, becomes immune to roots/snares, and will stun and damage players as they pass through them. But can only move while the ability is toggled. This will drain Magicka/Second, and while the initial cast will have a GCD, toggling the ability off will not incur a GCD.

Though a "fun" build with this would be...

Thunderbug, Grothdaar, StormKnight....enough magicka regen to keep up with the magicka drain...stack health and just run around with a lingering health pot and other hots chugging along...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @_Ahala_
    The 200% bonus would be past the cap. You'd be limited to only movement while the ability would be in effect.

@DeadlyRecluse
    Could allow jumping to be performed with this movespeed increase, essentially allowing you to cross gaps because of your movement (but would restrict it to needing some amount of area to gain momentum)

And yeah, this is more of a one-off idea just because. Streak just getting the momentum fixes and sorc getting snare/root treatments would be the easiest course of action.

Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 31, 2018 7:59PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kojou

The current pathing it uses apparently makes it clunky to use in uneven terrain.

Apart from fixing whatever algorithm they use for it, I suggest sidestepping it and use an already working system. With the Blink effect returning in the future on something else.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 31, 2018 8:04PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds idiotic
    Ok... with this information I think that this is actually a really interesting idea... would want it only in one morph though so sorcs can still use the old teleport streak if they so wish
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    I like the idea that you were going for with this. It gives the mobility that sorcs want from the skill without making it boring.

I'd prefer is they just fix streak as it is now and reduce the cost increase for a second cast. It takes 2 casts to get outside gap closer range so the cost increase for the second cast should be like 15% more than the original cast cost.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up using streak cause of its clunkiness a couple of times, and yeah as someone said, one of the problems, is that people with movement speed buffs easily catch up to you and snipe you still... I think each cast while becoming more expensive, should increase the distance you travel slightly.