The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Publish or Perish [Quest]

Megatto
Megatto
✭✭✭✭✭
"Herminius Sophus asked me to search the ruins for texts from
other scholars who may have previously studied here.

I've found the remains of both scholars who went missing, and
retrieved notes from their camp. I should return to Herminius
Sophus with the research."

Except I can't find him and there are no quest markers indicating where he is.
If anyone know how to fix this, other than restarting the quest, or know where he is, please tell me.
If you don't know where he is or how to fix it, don't bother commenting or telling me you have the same issue - it's not going to help anybody.
Remove loot boxes or riot
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report! We'll work on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    "Herminius Sophus asked me to search the ruins for texts from
    other scholars who may have previously studied here.

I've found the remains of both scholars who went missing, and
    retrieved notes from their camp. I should return to Herminius
    Sophus with the research."

Except I can't find him and there are no quest markers indicating where he is.
    If anyone know how to fix this, other than restarting the quest, or know where he is, please tell me.
    If you don't know where he is or how to fix it, don't bother commenting or telling me you have the same issue - it's not going to help anybody.

Try going to seekers archive in craglorn
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The NPC "Herminius Sophus", when connected to the "Publish or Perish" quest, is located near "Sunken Road" in Bangkorai.
  • kate.georgeb16_ESO
    kate.georgeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed after all this time. He's inside the Sunken Road delve. When you find the notes don't go out of the Eastern/Niorthern exit, go back the way you came, he's in the middle by a waterfall.
  • JeibuKul
    JeibuKul
    ✭✭
    Just did this quest right now. The part of "Talk to Herminius Sophus" still have no markers. Nor does the quest in any way say where he would be. Still needs to be looked in to.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed after all this time. He's inside the Sunken Road delve. When you find the notes don't go out of the Eastern/Niorthern exit, go back the way you came, he's in the middle by a waterfall.

still no marker for the turn-in.