Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Change Swallow Soul's minor Vitality buff

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
Strife and its morph have a hard time to compete against other spammables for magicka nightblade since its significant cost increase. One reason the morph swallow soul doesn't make it into my build is that the unique minor vitality buff only applies to the bar the skill is slotted on.

A small and simple change to make the skill more attractive would be to grant the minor vitality buff while the heal over time is active, which allows access to more healing on both bars.

Thoughts?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fair, non game changing QoL change.

/agree.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I go magblade, I have a decent time sustaining with funnel health. The cost isn't that huge of an issue tbh.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I go magblade, I have a decent time sustaining with funnel health. The cost isn't that huge of an issue tbh.

? I didn't claim the cost of the skill is the issue, it's more that the skill and its morphs don't compare to other spammables and this would more be a fix rather a buff.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, not overpowered.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swallow soul = vMA
    Funnel Health = vCR and vAS
    Crushing Shock = whenever an interrupt is needed
    else
    Elemental Weapon

I'm quite happy with how they're all placed right now.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a good idea, but I prefer that buff being active at all times. So, I actually prefer the current functionality, especially since I do have that specific skill on both bars in my current setup.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 29, 2018 11:35PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okey first! @Mystrius_Archaion, lol at that signature.

2th: is this really a buffe NB thread? The same NBs that's over represented in both PvE and PvP? Rly?

3th: For input on the thread, I think they should remove the healing from this ability as that is one of the main reason they are taken in certain content over other classes, done.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kikkehs

2. This would be a buff mainly for NB tanks to open up a bar slot. Magblades in end game PVE and group PVP will still use Funnel Health.
    3. You are thinking of funnel health, the other morph. Swallow soul only heals the caster and is discouraged in any group content.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of funnel health yes, sorry. keep going about NB tanks.

I personally do NOT mind if NB becomes tank exclusive xD

Quick edit; SapTank was some of the most fun I've ever had as a PvE tank in this game =D
    Edited by Kikke on July 30, 2018 12:28AM
    Cleared Trials:

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Okey first! @Mystrius_Archaion, lol at that signature.

What's so "lol" about it?

1) It's a true phenomenon in games, like how even skeevers in ESO are a threat and don't just run from our max level obviously scary selves. (edit: this is why they also removed them for newer dlcs and use "skavengers" instead which are passive)

2) City of Heroes was the best MMO I ever played, even to this day. It had a lot of performance issues because of its age and my computer and internet at the time, but it had more customization options than any game before or since and was much better balanced and groups actually pugged even the most difficult content because group composition didn't matter for completing any content. We literally grouped every day for fun for anything.
    I really miss that game.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 30, 2018 12:43AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Mystrius_Archaion

Not everything in this world is meant as an attack, the lol could be for countless things. But you assumed it was an attack?
    I just found it abit lol. Nothing more, nothing less. Ait?

Cleared Trials:

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    @Mystrius_Archaion

Not everything in this world is meant as an attack, the lol could be for countless things. But you assumed it was an attack?
    I just found it abit lol. Nothing more, nothing less. Ait?

I was just curious. Usually, "lol" without anything following it that is snarky or a counter-argument is a good thing. I also would like a new joke or a laugh if it makes somebody think of one.

I'm also always happy to meet a fellow CoH displaced refugee. I recently added one to my friends list that I haven't seen since that game closed in 2012.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 30, 2018 1:07AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Strife and its morph have a hard time to compete against other spammables for magicka nightblade since its significant cost increase. One reason the morph swallow soul doesn't make it into my build is that the unique minor vitality buff only applies to the bar the skill is slotted on.

A small and simple change to make the skill more attractive would be to grant the minor vitality buff while the heal over time is active, which allows access to more healing on both bars.

Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea, makes the slot more of an active slot and not just a "when slotted" ability slot that takes up a lot of space for not that much effect. Having it tide to the activation of the ability makes it feel like a more useful slot, makes it have a greater purpose and as well frees up a much needed slot for Nightblade tanks. Though indeed it also makes it a more viable choice for solo players in both PvE and PvP.