The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Redguard Rite of Passage

Ann03
Ann03
✭✭
Does anyone know if there's more detailed information regarding the Redguard rite of passage? So far all I've been able to find are brief blurbs on it that offer no to little information.

Example: "In their youth, Redguards endure a rite of passage in the desolate wastes of Alik’r as a test of endurance and discipline. Only the strongest survive."
~from The Imperial Library (https://imperial-library.info/content/races-tamriel-redguard)

I'm looking for details such as approximate age(s) it takes place, ritual specifics (any feats required, ceremonies performed, rules, etc), length of rite, or anything else. I can come up with my own information for a character backstory but if there's something official I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance for any help given!
"The games are immaterial. What matters are the stakes. We do what must be done. Regardless of the sacrifice."
~Leila Ashcroft, The White Queen

Best Answer

• Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe there are any explicit examples of it, but one could assume it'd involve surviving an amount of time (A week? Month?) within the Alik'r by oneself.
    I'd hypothesize this would occur during the early teenage years (13-15), performed by both Crowns and Forebears alike, though I could see Forebears discontinuing the practice. Maybe making offerings of goats, goblin heads, blades of defeated enemies, precious items etc. to the gods.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    Answer ✓
  • Ann03
    Ann03
    ✭✭
    Thank you for answering & your hypothesis! :)
    "The games are immaterial. What matters are the stakes. We do what must be done. Regardless of the sacrifice."
    ~Leila Ashcroft, The White Queen