The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 EU frequent crashing when logging characters out since latest update (1.37)

TruthSeeker
TruthSeeker
✭✭✭
Each morning since the update on Wednesday (1.37), as I cycle through my 15 characters on the EU server, I have experienced between 1 and 4 crashes which send me to the Error Report screen and necessitate restarting the game. I repeat the process for my 15 characters on the NA server without incident.

Something has changed.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing issues with crashing since the update, the troubleshooting below may help improve the situation.

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

To power cycle your PlayStation 4:
    1. Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller.
    2. Turn off the PS4 with Turn Off PS4 and not "Enter Rest Mode".
    3. Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.

CLEAR SAVE DATA

Deleting your Elder Scrolls Online saved data file can resolve some errors on console. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.

To delete save data on the PlayStation 4:
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.

UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE GAME

To uninstall a game on your PS4, follow the steps found here. Once complete, you can reinstall the game from your library or the game disc.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    No offence, but this advice is uninspiring - and feels unpleasantly like "passing the buck". These crashes are a side effect of the update, putting the onus on ZOS. I have no intention of fiddling about with my machine in a potentially damaging and probably pointless endeavour.

I have each time elected to submit all the crashes, which all carry the same error code (CE-34878-0). The given PlayStation advice is to install the latest system and game updates (both up to date) and initialise my PS4 (done when I bought it a few years ago), and to reinstall the original HDD if it has been replaced (it hasn't).

Interestingly, I didn't experience any character log in crashes when I went through my multiple characters this morning, the first time I'd played after the maintenance yesterday. I am hoping that the problem is now solved.