Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clarity on the PvP starter quests

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I and surely many other folks could use some clarity on the PvP starter quests.

When you hit Level 10, you have the option of going to Cyrodiil. When you get there, there's a quest giver who helps you get started. There are two ways do it:
  • You include siege engine practice.
  • You skip siege engine practice.

1. Either way, you get enough AP to take you up to Level 2 in PvP, and hence to gain a skill point.
2. Is it still the case that the quest itself gives another skill point?
3. Is there any difference in the rewards based on the option you choose?
4. Separately, there's a quest to go to the Imperial City, assuming you have access to that DLC. Does this give significant rewards?
Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 24, 2018 3:58AM
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    I and surely many other folks could use some clarity on the PvP starter quests.

When you hit Level 10, you have the option of going to Cyrodiil. When you get there, there's a quest giver who helps you get started. There are two ways do it:
    • You include siege engine practice.
    • You skip siege engine practice.

1. Either way, you get enough AP to take you up to Level 2 in PvP, and hence to gain a skill point.
    2. Is it still the case that the quest itself gives another skill point?
    3. Is there any difference in the rewards based on the option you choose?
    4. Separately, there's a quest to go to the Imperial City, assuming you have access to that DLC. Does this give significant rewards?

When your on campaign tab you can notice alliance war rank in bottom right. Each level rewards you a skill point. That's what it came from.

Can't answer imperial city quests because I don't pick em up. But the alliance war quests from boards give you ap which levels alliance rank and exp. You also unlock titles and gear colors in outfitter ranking alliance.

Ap can be used to buy regional gear [sets that drop auridon, deshaan, glenumbra ect ect] they're common in blue sometimes lucky it'll be purple. Also the town's cropsford vlast and bruma sell purple sets from cyrodiil only.

Weekends you get the golden one who sells monster sets helms shoulders or sets rings from regional and dungeon all in gold.

You can get stones in imperial city to buy craft material alchemy mats and also special imperial city gear aswell. It's a pvp area be careful dying makes you lose stones
    Edited by Gulkrim-mur on July 24, 2018 8:41AM
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    3. skipping the quest gives you 3k AP. doing it - 6200+ (at some of my toons I've received 6.4K, once 6.7K -no idea why).
    Imho it is worth to spend those 5 min -there's a skyshard near scroll temple, can be taken otw from siege training ground (any aliance)

4. No, just some XP as for any side quest. Full fun starts later - you can get 4 types of reward there. AP's (for killing players and taking/defending District Flags; Dailies like "Kill 20 sorcerers" can be done in IC, there's a board in the base); TelVars (this currency can be gained/lost, 50% of carried amount at each death), Key fragments (looted from monsters/npcs) and usual XP
    Edited by Alamakot on July 26, 2018 7:03AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »
    3. skipping the quest gives you 3k AP. doing it - 6200+ (at some of my toons I've received 6.4K, once 6.7K -no idea why).
    Imho it is worth to spend those 5 min -there's a skyshard near scroll temple, can be taken otw from siege training ground (any aliance)

4. No, just some XP as for any side quest. Full fun starts later - you can get 4 types of reward there. AP's (for killing players and taking/defending District Flags; Dailies like "Kill 20 sorcerers" can be done in IC, there's a board in the base); TelVars (this currency can be gained/lost, 50% of carried amount at each death), Key fragments (looted from monsters/npcs) and usual XP

So I guess I should have done siege engine aiming quests rather than skipping them. Oh well ... or is there a way to double back and get rewarded for doing them later? I guess I'll check myself and post the results here at some point.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 26, 2018 8:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I guess I should have done siege engine aiming quests rather than skipping them. Oh well ... or is there a way to double back and get rewarded for doing them later? I guess I'll check myself and post the results here at some point.

You can go to tbe siege engine training ground and pick up the skyshard at any time without the quest.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can go to tbe siege engine training ground and pick up the skyshard at any time without the quest.

Skyshard?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +3200 AP is hardly worth the time. Your first time in, you should do the tutorial, just for some good information and a bit of siege practice.

After your first alt, you can arrive, skip, get your Rapids (isn't that where everyone immediately places the skillpoint anyway?) and come back as you like.

The skyshards are always accessible, except the ones behind enemy gates.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +3200 AP is hardly worth the time. Your first time in, you should do the tutorial, just for some good information and a bit of siege practice.

After your first alt, you can arrive, skip, get your Rapids (isn't that where everyone immediately places the skillpoint anyway?) and come back as you like.

Thanks!

And that reminds me -- what's the condition to open enemy gates? Something to do with Elder Scrolls? Something to do with losing keeps?
  • MaidenOregon
    MaidenOregon
    ✭✭
    The IC quest giver in cyrodiil is the same if you had picked it up from your alliance base inside Imperial City.

In addition to a lot of telvar, you also get a skill point for completing the IC quest line. It doesn’t take very long.

Afterwards, you have access to the six IC daily quests, one for each district that give a telvar coffer upon completion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

And that reminds me -- what's the condition to open enemy gates? Something to do with Elder Scrolls? Something to do with losing keeps?

You have to capture the enemy tri-keeps. The tri keps are the three keeps cloests to the home bases that form a triangle. In order to open a gate, you have to capture the keep closest to the gate and the one that forms the point of the triangle. So to get in DC's gates you would need to capture Glademist AND warden, or Glademist AND Rayles.