The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

St Olms, vAS +1/2

HJSmith24
HJSmith24
✭✭
When main tanking St Olms in Asylum Sanctorium, he sometimes randomly turns to the side despite me having taunt and being stood in the correct position. this often ends up in DDs being steamed, or one of the lightning fields going into the group. How do you stop this? Is it a bug? working as intended? or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what's your method of avoiding storm the heavens AoEs on the main tank? I've done it a couple of ways but not very reliably, so if someone could let me know how they do it (with an image preferably) that'd be great.

cheers
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="HJSmith24;d-426281"

Also, what's your method of avoiding storm the heavens AoEs on the main tank?
    [/quote]

By not running that piece of *** of a joke of a trial
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen any tank able to reliably prevent the random turns that happen sometimes after Olms jumps. It’s really on the DD’s near the entrance to be able to avoid the steam and charges and shift around to his side. I’m usually in spot 1, so I’m used to getting out of there quick.

I haven’t tanked it, but based on what I’ve heard from other tanks, you can get Olms to turn back quicker if you get in front of him and then slowly rotate back to your desired position. If you just taunt him from behind he tends to stay facing away.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen any tank able to reliably prevent the random turns that happen sometimes after Olms jumps. It’s really on the DD’s near the entrance to be able to avoid the steam and charges and shift around to his side. I’m usually in spot 1, so I’m used to getting out of there quick.

I haven’t tanked it, but based on what I’ve heard from other tanks, you can get Olms to turn back quicker if you get in front of him and then slowly rotate back to your desired position. If you just taunt him from behind he tends to stay facing away.

To elaborate slightly, I Olms has an attack that strikes out from his tail and stuns people (not very high damage). I think this happens sometimes if you have aggro but are behind him. So the suggestion above to get in front and then rotate around seems plausible.

But the reality of vAS is that everyone is responsible for their own survival up to a point, so if the boss steams towards the entrance after a jump, the dps are responsible for getting out of there.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter