The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another video of what its like to play Prime Time ESO PvP

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler

https://youtu.be/zfj_0JvyWNs

This seem fun to you?

This consistently happens whenever a Large Group is in the area...Usually EP but sometimes AD.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege buff next patch will make it 'better'. More faction stack lag inc.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xsorus I learned somewhere around Patch 1.2 that my time would be better spent punching myself in the crotch repeatedly than trying to give ZoS legitimate advice on how to fix the PvP aspect of their game. In my minds eye I picture all the dev's smoking cigars and drinking scotch in a dark room laughing their asses off as they put our impassioned posts up on a huge projector for them to mock.
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this has happened to me frequently since returning recently.

When I'm not being disconnected during prime time, combat responsiveness has been brutal during prime time on PC/NA/Vivec, regardless of how few players there might be in the area I'm fighting in.

Often, I am dying to combat events that weren't rendered in my client. Like I'll be kiting a few players, LOS around a rock or wall and think I'm alone, but I drop dead for no apparent reason -- until I consult my combat log or death recap where there is a list of attacks I did not see.

I prefer medium armor stam builds, but I've found I need to wear heavy just to survive prime time lag.

Furthermore, there is another major issue of teleporting and 'invisible' players that do not render.

4.0 is MUCH worse than 3.0 was.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're sure that it's lag/freeze? It could be a perfectly organized flash mob... -.-
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This seem fun to you?

This consistently happens whenever a Large Group is in the area...Usually EP but sometimes AD.

Looks like you lost your connection to the server each time. Not like a problem on ZOS side. What do your router logs show?

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, these look like full-on disconnects - but imho - they tend to happen when the server is overloaded.

Unfortunately, what you can't really show on a vid are the times where you're spamming abilities, but your character refuses to cast them.. just stutters a bit, then gives up..
    Y'know - where it just looks like you're happily running along, dying like a noob, but really, you're frantically mashing buttons trying to spam shield, streak, anything - but the server says no..

I don't even play primetime anymore - even though I want to.. :-(
    Edited by Biro123 on July 16, 2018 4:35PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Yeah, these look like full-on disconnects - but imho - they tend to happen when the server is overloaded.

Unfortunately, what you can't really show on a vid are the times where you're spamming abilities, but your character refuses to cast them.. just stutters a bit, then gives up..
    Y'know - where it just looks like you're happily running along, dying like a noob, but really, you're frantically mashing buttons trying to spam shield, streak, anything - but the server says no..

I don't even play primetime anymore - even though I want to.. :-(

Half the time during pvp now it doesn’t even register I’ve used an ability
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This seem fun to you?

Looks like you lost your connection to the server each time. Not like a problem on ZOS side. What do your router logs show?

Are you suggesting I have router problems during only certain pvp fights *grin*.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this same behavior before as well.

It has nothing to do with mine or the OP's router or internet connections.

My same router handled the 6 hour siege at BRK for Meth's emp defense. Ever since Summerset it's been worse than ever. The 4.0 patch was the worst, performance wise, in Cyrodiil since the lighting patch of 1.2, with only that patch still surpassing it for awfulness.

Skill delays are worse overall, I've disconnected more than I ever have before (almost all desyncs like the OP's video), and at this point the ability to break free from CC is near non existent as the duration is shorter than the time it takes to register.

Never mind other major problems like:
    • Invisible postern walls that can be clipped through
    • Roots (usually encase) that will not drop off you if you dodge roll or rapids spam while negated.
    • Weapon bar swap delays.
    • Skill usage delays.
    • Skills that go off, cost you resources, and then have no effect. Dark Deal does this a lot on my sorc.
    • Having damage and effects occur before any graphical indicator that a hit is incoming or has happened.
    • Meteor yoyoing and rubber banding
    • Get such bad positional update delays (as in, where everything is positioned) you can't light attack with melee because the client doesn't know where an NPC is, let alone a player.
    • And so much more.

Half the garbage we keep seeing about requested balance changes and anti-ball group changes that you see on this forum would be moot if they could fix the client and connectivity garbage that destroys any notion that Cyrodiil is a fun environment.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on July 16, 2018 6:04PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this same behavior before as well.

It has nothing to do with mine or the OP's router or internet connections.

My same router handled the 6 hour siege at BRK for Meth's emp defense. Ever since Summerset it's been worse than ever. The 4.0 patch was the worst, performance wise, in Cyrodiil since the lighting patch of 1.2, with only that patch still surpassing it for awfulness.

Skill delays are worse overall, I've disconnected more than I ever have before (almost all desyncs like the OP's video), and at this point the ability to break free from CC is near non existent as the duration is shorter than the time it takes to register.

Never mind other major problems like:
    • Invisible postern walls that can be clipped through
    • Roots (usually encase) that will not drop off you if you dodge roll or rapids spam while negated.
    • Weapon bar swap delays.
    • Skill usage delays.
    • Skills that go off, cost you resources, and then have no effect. Dark Deal does this a lot on my sorc.
    • Having damage and effects occur before any graphical indicator that a hit is incoming or has happened.
    • Meteor yoyoing and rubber banding
    • Get such bad positional update delays (as in, where everything is positioned) you can't light attack with melee because the client doesn't know where an NPC is, let alone a player.
    • And so much more.

Half the garbage we keep seeing about requested balance changes and anti-ball group changes that you see on this forum would be moot if they could fix the client and connectivity garbage that destroys any notion that Cyrodiil is a fun environment.

Oh don't get me started on abilities firing or just being flat out ignored

• Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    "Unfortunately, what you can't really show on a vid are the times where you're spamming abilities, but your character refuses to cast them.. just stutters a bit, then gives up..
    Y'know - where it just looks like you're happily running along, dying like a noob, but really, you're frantically mashing buttons trying to spam shield, streak, anything - but the server says no.."

@Biro123 I beg to differ!

Unfortunately, the other side of the map isn't better. (In case somebody wanted to recommend spreading out).

Edited by Grimhallow on July 16, 2018 10:45PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get what the OP posted as I'm running TO a battle. Seriously. Happens a lot lately. I'll port from our home gate, get to a keep. Everything is fine till I reach the Keep under attack, and all the sudden no one is moving, but I'm free to go around till either I crash the game myself with the App manager, or just sit there till I eventually time out.

Then you get the bogus messages trying to log back in saying to check my internet connection. Which is laughable as I'm still talking to people in discord or teamspeak. It's not my internet. It's ZoS' NETCODE.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »
    "Unfortunately, what you can't really show on a vid are the times where you're spamming abilities, but your character refuses to cast them.. just stutters a bit, then gives up..
    Y'know - where it just looks like you're happily running along, dying like a noob, but really, you're frantically mashing buttons trying to spam shield, streak, anything - but the server says no.."

Unfortunately, the other side of the map isn't better. (In case somebody wanted to recommend spreading out).

Goodness, countless times, I end up dead because nothing fires until I am dead and when I res I see the skill bar UI showing them all pressed. GG ZOS. Lost count on how many times I experienced it. I could have lived a bit longer but no, nothing fires. No CC break, no skills. Always makes me wonder why this game is unique like this.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

"Please cast! Agh!" LOL Man, I cannot count the times I have said almost that exact same thing. My version is more like, "Will you PLEASE fricking fire off! For crying out loud!" and other such comments. And bar swapping...."Why am I still firing Noxious Breath?? Oh...bar didn't swap....again...."

Edited to mention that if I hadn't invested so much time into this game already I'd bail without thought on this rattling wreck of a game. I guess, like a lot of you, I'm holding on to hope that they'll fix this train wreck.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on July 17, 2018 1:30AM
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This seem fun to you?

the devs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://youtu.be/63jV0Lweif0&quot; frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness, countless times, I end up dead because nothing fires until I am dead and when I res I see the skill bar UI showing them all pressed. GG ZOS. Lost count on how many times I experienced it. I could have lived a bit longer but no, nothing fires. No CC break, no skills. Always makes me wonder why this game is unique like this.

Isn't it some consolation your pressed skills all go off when you rez in the keep afterwards? ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    On the upside, I found a new burst heal. Just spam healing springs over and over in one area until the server lag catches them all up at once. :D
    -Shadow hide you
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Isn't it some consolation your pressed skills all go off when you rez in the keep afterwards? ;)

They don't even go off anymore. Lol. It just looks as if pressed because I did press the button. At least I get to keep my Bat Swarm again lol.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I usually get what the OP posted as I'm running TO a battle. Seriously. Happens a lot lately. I'll port from our home gate, get to a keep. Everything is fine till I reach the Keep under attack, and all the sudden no one is moving, but I'm free to go around till either I crash the game myself with the App manager, or just sit there till I eventually time out.

Then you get the bogus messages trying to log back in saying to check my internet connection. Which is laughable as I'm still talking to people in discord or teamspeak. It's not my internet. It's ZoS' NETCODE.

This has happened so many times to me it’s sad
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Not when I still have a Curse, Wrath, and Sloads ticking on me after I rez.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys... more importantly dark cloak is reducing dmg by 8% now and not 8.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys... more importantly dark cloak is reducing dmg by 8% now and not 8.

Which is a nerf if you were taking less that 100 damage per hit.. a buff if..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This seem fun to you?

LOL *** pathetic, the part that triggers me is after you get to login THEY BLAME IT ON YOUR CONNECTION. Absolutely pathetic excuse for a mmorpg this game had such potential it's as wide as a ocean with the depth of a puddle.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    My ping never goes over 100ms even when it's a 100v100 fight, exactly how ZOS advertised in 2014. I think you may be experiencing client side technical issues. Have you considered getting a new router or doing a full format of your OS drive?
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xai_Zi wrote: »
    My ping never goes over 100ms even when it's a 100v100 fight, exactly how ZOS advertised in 2014. I think you may be experiencing client side technical issues. Have you considered getting a new router or doing a full format of your OS drive?

You....are kidding, right?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your icon indicates you are a troll. Time and time again, client side argument gets broken down and yet you chose this as your bait. L2fish
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Same thing happens to me a lot.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭

Your icon indicates you are a troll. Time and time again, client side argument gets broken down and yet you chose this as your bait. L2fish

Time and time again, people like you always respond <3
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you zoom in your ping and it's at ~180 and you complain, I grind. Now imagine live half way around the world from the server. 180 is my dream. We consider it's a good day if it's stable at 260-300.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on July 21, 2018 11:52AM
  • beebay
    beebay
    ✭✭✭
    Video looks all too familiar. This happens to me during PvP AND PvE. Never really knew what was happening. Sometimes I even see everything move forward really fast to catch up. Most recently last night.

I use a game pad which may change response times a bit but I definately see the skill
    box flash but no skill firing at times, mostly during PvP but then again I’m not always paying attention to my skill bar. This occurs even though the rest of the game seems to be running fine.

Very frustrating...

Edited by beebay on July 26, 2018 1:24AM