Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you honestly still care about campaign score- does it even matter?

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wish I cared, but lacking mechanics to faction balance, scoring has no way of reflecting skill or competition. It makes "winning" meaningless.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    i used to quite a lot, used to run a pvp guild, but AD win every month hands down, often by 3 times as many points as EP.
    Thats just how it is, there is no stopping the AD winning streak.
    Ive often called for a handicap / catchup mechanic or something, when you're 2 weeks into a 4 week campaign and everyone gives up already because your side has 9k points and the winners have nearly 40k.

The new scoring system is worse than the last one.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Most people have just plain given up on the score.
    There is no point in competing when (AD Vivec EU) just trash the map every Morning.

A large part of what made Cyrodiil great has been ripped from the game by selfish PVDoor scrubs.
    Anyone who has played the game for a decent amount of time will remember that winning the campaign actually used to mean something - back before faction hopping and PVDoor was rife.

Since One-Tamriel it has just been a shi**y free-for-all where cheating, faction hopping and zerging the map at off-peak determines the winning faction.

Yes this exactly ^^ well said
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Most people have just plain given up on the score.
    There is no point in competing when (AD Vivec EU) just trash the map every Morning.

A large part of what made Cyrodiil great has been ripped from the game by selfish PVDoor scrubs.
    Anyone who has played the game for a decent amount of time will remember that winning the campaign actually used to mean something - back before faction hopping and PVDoor was rife.

Since One-Tamriel it has just been a shi**y free-for-all where cheating, faction hopping and zerging the map at off-peak determines the winning faction.

I still can't understand why people complain about "off-peak" hours. There are no off-peak hours. This is a world-wide game with players from all over who live in different time zones. Just because AU players hit the campaigns in the early morning (their night) doesn't somehow devalue their efforts because those of us in the states aren't on at that time.

And campaign score is meaningless. Outside of the bonus rewards, there i little value in it. And the scoring methods are far from competitive. The only thing that I do based on the campaign score is get all of my toons to tier 3 when EP is winning the campaign for the better rewards. If we aren't winning, I get all of my toons to tier 1 for the Transmute Stones and then main 1 character for the rest of the campaign.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Too unbalanced in population, too many campaigns get rolled by a certain faction, too easy to cap the map with no one around, too easy to switch factions. Idk that it’s possible to make campaign score relevant.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 13, 2018 6:06PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It matters to me because:

1. I'm super competitive and I prefer to win, whatever that means in this case.

2. I can't seem to get enough gold Cyrodil's Crest and Potentate's Jewelry (sigh).

3. I like in-game gold, and you get a lot more when you win.

4. I'm loyal to my SINGULAR faction (blue) and want to see it do well, no matter how much I may want to choke them for fighting and moaning in text chat instead of contributing to the fight (wieners).

5. On our server (Xbox NA Vivec), blue is kind of the population size underdog (although yellow is struggling lately too, maybe even more so), so when we do pull a win, it's glorious. We know we earned it, even in spite of the 54654351654351 EP that travel in packs, zerging down single players and small groups alike.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    It seems as though the Dynamics of cyrodill have been the same since launch. There's just nothing fun about winning a campaign that's dominated by whoever can put the most players on the map 24/7 and take empty/barely defended keeps.
    Plus, AP is what gets you amazing gold rewards and rewards for the worthy, so you can virtually take 0 keeps and as long as you make plenty of AP with kills and farming you can get much better rewards than people who choose to PvP against keep walls all day.
    Please explain why you chose yes or no.

It doesn't matter when one population outnumbers the other sides drastically, its why DAOC didn't have a scoring system.

It also doesn't help they allow Cross Faction play for baddies.

• Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don´t think is funny to play pvp just wanting to farm AP.
    It´s really more exciting to run the map, sieg, trying to defend and take. This make the pvp fun, more then wanting to play like a robot just to gain AP
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I do, others dont and that's the issue. On quiet campaigns its easy to matter, your group makes a difference and the campaign victory means something. It actually entices everyone in I find too and create a guild focus.

Cyro needs to mean more like this. Not just groups chasing down AP as independent teams.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    . Wrong post :dizzy:
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on July 16, 2018 2:35PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's not important for me.

Of course it is VERY IMPORTANT to those BAD PEOPLE in VIVEC/NA/PC.
    Otherwise, Why do they do so many BAD things and WANT to win a campaign so badly?
    Why does ZOS ALLOW them to do so.

Edited by EIGHTS on July 16, 2018 6:16PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I now feel as long as faction loyalty campaign and population caps that keep the factions around the same population don't exist, score doesn't matter
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you ain’t first..... you’re last!
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As leader of one of the larger EP PvP guilds on Vivec, I can tell you we stopped playing for the campaign well over a year ago, maybe longer.

As someone who has played since beta, whenever I remember the good old days when you did fight for the campaign, I feel really sad. It was so good, so much fun then. I made so many friends and had some great fights but when I look at the game now, I feel the PvP is in its final throes and I am looking to the horizon to see where I can get my fantasy PvP fix.

I could blame at Zos for not really put much effort into Cyrodiil, what they have done has been hit and miss, the new scroll score was definitely a miss - but who could have foreseen that? We thought it would be a good thing. But I could also blame those players who day after day destroy the campaign for others.

Wabbajack will fight to the end but now we enjoy pitting ourselves against good enemy guilds and stopping the enemy pushing us back to the gates but we rarely (never) look at the score anymore.

Edited by Nermy on July 17, 2018 7:47AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I still can't understand why people complain about "off-peak" hours. There are no off-peak hours. This is a world-wide game with players from all over who live in different time zones. Just because AU players hit the campaigns in the early morning (their night) doesn't somehow devalue their efforts because those of us in the states aren't on at that time.

And campaign score is meaningless. Outside of the bonus rewards, there i little value in it. And the scoring methods are far from competitive. The only thing that I do based on the campaign score is get all of my toons to tier 3 when EP is winning the campaign for the better rewards. If we aren't winning, I get all of my toons to tier 1 for the Transmute Stones and then main 1 character for the rest of the campaign.

No, but It completely devalues the efforts of the other 90% of the population.
    I'm not saying that points scored in off-peak hours (its a European server, its off-peak whether you like it or not) should not be counted. But they need to be somehow weighed in respective to the actual action occurring to acquire those points.
    You clearly must play on the side of one of the factions that zerg a map 'off-peak' otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. So you carry on.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes I care about the score; No, the score doesn't really matter. I would rather win than not, and would prefer my faction at least play to not lose.

But I would rather be last place on the board than go back to winning based on the efforts of a nightcapping guild who gate camped our enemies, and openly insulted our other guild and group leaders while actively working against the faction in prime time, just to prove how much impact they had.

So long as the score advantage goes to the faction with the highest off-peak pop and PvDoor game, it doesn't mean much. The most we can ask for is good fights during peak hours
    Edited by Reverb on July 17, 2018 12:41PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would care about the score if it reflected something else than just "which side did all those that can play at odd hours pile on this time"

Give me a level playing ground, where all sides have equal populations at all times(no matter what mechanic you use to achieve that) and i will start caring again.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    "Care" might be too strong of a word. I play objectives because, pitiful as the rewards are, the game rewards campaign victory. The game is designed around capturing and holding objectives as a faction not individual accomplishment on the battlefield. I like good fights, and outnumbered GvG, for me, is the best part of the game, but even that isn't in line with how the game is designed and what the game rewards.
    If I wanted straight PvP without objectives, I think there are far better games available for that which really do reflect player skill rather than fumbling through all the little imbalances, glitches, and bad mechanics of MMO PvP.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like many others, I am just waiting for Camelot Unchained.
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I would love to play for the campaign but unfortunately ZoS doesn't care for the campaigns.
    There are so many suggestions and solutions in this forum that could make Cyrodiil a better place for RvR PvP but it seems they are getting ignored.

Off-prime time should not be a factor of winning or loosing a campaign, log in at 6am and check the scoring table, hundreds of points ticking in an empty campaign calculated from random population bonuses and map control....
    Score evaluation ticks should be lower and SLOWER when the population of the campaign is low, forget about population bonuses and make ticks every 2-3 hours instead, then make score evaluation ticks every 30mins when all alliances are pop-locked.

ZoS gave scrolls an extra value, ok logical, but they should implement some mechanics so it will help Campaigns to be more interesting... for example enemy scrolls can be placed only at Brindle, Drakelowe and Dragonclaw, so a faction have to control those keeps and defend them if they want a scroll that gives 10 or even more points.

Those are just some random ideas, but you get the point, there are ways to make Cyrodiil more enjoyable and the campaign matters.
    At that moment its just for AP farming and 3 huge zergs running around the emp keeps...
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I want that transmute crystals, 25k AP per toon and more AP.

No strawman, thank you.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really don't care as much as I used to, but I still like playing the map. I like pvp in all it's forms, 1v1, 1vx, 4v4v4, small/med and even zergscale as long as there is competition for it. But for me, Cyrodill is an objective based battleground and are really fun when all the factions have the numbers and care.

For the scoring system, I think they should implement multipliers. The multiplier would be based on the # of bars the most underpoped faction has. If for example AD/DC is 2 bars and EP is just at 1 bar, make it x1. On the other end, if all the factions are pop locked, make it 4x. This would be far less profitable to pvdoor and much more profitable to be efficient and organized in prime time.

As for incentive rewards, I don't think it's the way to go. I feel like if the winner's rewards is too important compared to the other ones, people would switch faction just for it, creating further imbalance.

Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have to agree with @Avaglaor here. (Bet you never thought you'd hear that...)
    Avaglaor wrote: »
    I would love to play for the campaign but unfortunately ZoS doesn't care for the campaigns.
    There are so many suggestions and solutions in this forum that could make Cyrodiil a better place for RvR PvP but it seems they are getting ignored.

Cyrodiil could be so much more. There is so much potential but it's just been wasted.Sad.

(See you on the battlefield mate...) >:)

Edited by Nermy on July 20, 2018 8:03AM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nermy wrote: »

Why not, we have played the map for a long time together and we had fun in our way even if we knew that what we do at prime time doesn't matter.

You know very well that farming AP is not my thing either ball group mechanics, at least with the synergies changes, being in a ball group is a bit more interesting and more fun now.

This new vivec campaign seems a bit different so far, but i guess it will end up the same @#$ after a week or so....
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. My gaming time is very very limited nowadays, so i'd like to have best rewards. That helps me, even a little to compensate the fact that i can't play as much as i'd like
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Avaglaor wrote: »

Why not, we have played the map for a long time together and we had fun in our way even if we knew that what we do at prime time doesn't matter.

True mate.
    You know very well that farming AP is not my thing either ball group mechanics, at least with the synergies changes, being in a ball group is a bit more interesting and more fun now.

This new vivec campaign seems a bit different so far, but i guess it will end up the same @#$ after a week or so....

That why you guys moved to DC? The zergiest alliance on Vivec? :p
    Edited by Nermy on July 21, 2018 11:47AM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    No
    That why you guys moved to DC? The zergiest alliance on Vivec? :p

The main reason that we moved to DC is for recruiting, we couldn't recruit and balance our group in AD side for a long time, the moment that we took the decision EP had the most organized guilds active (ZS, Panthera, Drachen, Wabba ect) so EP wouldn't be the best choice for us to recruit.

I dont know where all the guilds are now btw, some of them play at Sotha, some stopped playing? The whole Cyrodiil is a huge zerg atm no matter what Alliance, we fight 12 vs 100 ADs almost every day, so....

• MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I guess I am old school and believe in some amount of alliance pride.

ZOS should work on a better rewards system for all campaigns.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course... what kind of question is this?

I mean... if you were playing ANY other game that has a score board, would you ask this same question?

The fact that you can ask this question here and most people answer NO, indicates that the game mode is really really badly designed and completely abandoned by the developers.

But all this is a moot point anyway, this thread is old and even if I did care about the score myself when I played, I do not care about the game anymore.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've suddenly found myself caring about the score on Vivec EU ;)
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!