The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Stamina dk needs some love

Ocelot9x
Ocelot9x
✭✭✭✭
It’s time for this discussion to pop again (and it’s time for zos to ignore it as always) .

Stamina dk is one of the most boring classes. It needs an identity,more active skills,more group utility,more combos.
The community gave a LOT of constructive feedback but still every patch is a delusion. I’m so tired of this situation, my main class (200+ days of pvp played) is underperforming so bad that the people in my guild moans when I say I logged my dk instead of the warden.
Edited by Ocelot9x on July 19, 2018 1:20AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    It’s time for this discussion to pop again (and it’s time for zos to ignore it as always) .

Stamina dk is one of the most boring classes. It needs an identity,more active skills,more group utility,more combos.
    The community gave a LOT of constructive feedback but still every patch is a delusion. I’m so tired of this situation, my main class (200+ days of pvp played) is underperforming so bad that the people in my guild moans when I say I logged my dk instead of the warden.

With the exception of the Warden, stamina as a whole is in a bad spot.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

A lot of that has to do with the cries of those that continue to think Magicka DPS should be the same as Stamina DPS even though in the case of classes like MagSorc you're able to deal that damage from 28 meters away from enemies instead of 5-7 meters making it infinitely easier to survive.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #stamwhip
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    #stamwhip
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. I'll link a very good post of one of the best stamdks on PC EU
    Asmael wrote: »
    Farscape76 wrote: »
    StamDK needs a spammable... poison whip would seem to require the least effort on the part of ZOS and have the most potential for players, really disappointed that didn't make it into this round on the PTS

Stam whip isn't going to solve stam DK issues. As much as it is requested and as much people think of it as a way to bring back stam DK, it won't solve anything be it PvE or PvP.

We have a PvE spammable already, yet the difference with other specs is such a poison whip would have to massively outperform every other option to make up for the class lacking any decent aggressive passives. Stam DKs will just lose the second they have to use a spammable as long as it doesn't improve their DoTs like the VMA daggers used to. Because:

Templar
    • Increase your Critical Damage by 10%
    • Increases Weapon Damage by 6%
    • (burning light if you compare Jabs to Crushing weapon)
    • Reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 4%.

Sorcerer
    • Reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.
    • Increases your Physical and Shock Damage by 5%.
    • Increases [..] Weapon Damage by 2% for each Sorcerer ability slotted.
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade
    • Increases damage dealt by Critical Damage done by 10%.
    • Increases your Weapon [...]l Critical ratings by 438 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    • After drinking a potion you gain 20 Ultimate.

Stam wardens also happen to be in a *** spot PvE wise same way as stam DKs, because guess what:
    • Increases your damage done by 2% for each Animal Companion ability slotted

Most of their abilities slotted aren't class abilities. Same way as stam DKs:
    • Increases the damage of Flame and Poison area of effect abilities by 6%.

(I didn't add the ult gain from casting an ability from a specific skill line, since that's a common trait among all classes)

As PvE DDs have 80% of their abilities being the same non-class abilities, what dominates is whatever has the most passive abilities that increase their damage as a whole. DKs have essentially no synergy whatsoever with anything that isn't a class ability besides Acid Spray. Stam Wardens do have a synergy with non-class abilities, but can't make the best out of those because they cannot slot enough class abilities in the first place to benefit from those.

Which is why stam whip isn't going to do anything unless you add an effect that's essentially going to make it blatantly overpowered.

I'd like to have at the very least a synergy with poison proc sets and such, but the thing is: they are actually the worst class with those. The "poison" class is the one with the least synergies with those.

Since someone might be tempted to say that DKs have good sustain to help them sustain a spammable: they don't have a single increase to their %stamina recovery. Stam DKs benefit from sustaining solely from flat resource returns and the advantage will fall more in favor of other specs if you have to invest into stamina recovery.

As for PvP, if you want to be a stamblade with no cloak, no assassin's will, no shadow image, then yes, adding a stamina whip is the way to go. And I can assure you it won't make stamina DKs any more popular in PvP than they currently are.

There are issues, there are outdated passives and abilities, there are missing synergies in a few aspects. That's how you fix stamina DK, not by adding something that redundant and actually increases the gap between stam DK and other specs.

2. a stam spammable would be a nice start but in order for stamdk to be ever used again there has to be more changes.
    There is no synergy between any skills on the Stamdk, if we look at other classes everything works together and makes the specs feel special, this doesn't happen with stamdk at all.

Example:
    Magsorcs are build around killing an enemy with a delayed burst and in order to be able to have a long enough offensive window they can access shields which will prevent them from getting oneshotted. Also while playing defensively the toolkit still gives them the opportunity to change the tide of the fight with hunting curse having a second explosion, frags being able to proc and becoming an instant cast.
    To support the ranged playstyle of magsorcs they also have 2 strong tools to create a gap and keep it up during a fight with a meele opponent: streak and mines

Same with stamnb: a completely different approach of killing an enemy, not with delayed burst but with sheer pressure with strong skills and debuffs, you don't need to kill an enemy in one hit (you still can do that very effectively) you can unleash an offensive pressure that your enemy won't be able to outheal with incap, followed by empowered suprise attacks and assassin's will hitting for more than any other non ult ability and the hardest hitting execute starting to deal full damage at 25% health.
    And to support this playstyle of, engaging and crushing an enemy with a prolonged time of frontloaded offensive pressure that not many will withstand, you get access to great tools that give you the opportunity to decide when to fight and with how your frontloaded burst works you only hinder yourself if you stay in a long fight that's why cloak and shade are your best friends on a Nightblade, you decide when to fight and when you start the fight your class is at it's biggest advantage.

We can also see this when looking at the magicka counterpart.
    When you look at a magdk you know it wants to go in the middle of a fight and stay there until everyone else is dead and to support this the whole toolkit is build around, dealing damage, healing yourself back up again and when you go offensive then you get even more heals, you don't want to be passive, waiting for your enemy to make a mistake, the only mistake they did was getting in a fight with you.
    You control the fight with roots, CCs and snares while your dots further increase the pressure on your enemy, and your main spammable only gets stronger when you combine it with your hard/ soft CCs, your sustain tool is made for fighting (at least in theory) you get resources back for using your ultimates, which means when you go offensive or have to retreat your class supports you and helps you to stay in that fight as long as you can.
    There are so many small and bigger symergies inside of the magdks toolkit that it has it's own unique playstyle that gets stronger the more you focus on using it.

Now let's talk about stamdk:
    The first issue is that for most stamclasses the weapon skill lines have to be used as their class toolkit isn't sufficient, this already means that they are more streamlined than magicka classes.
    That's a general problem.
    But now here's the problem with stamdk. Your class doesn't give you much, the 2 active abilities (venemous claw and noxious Breath) aren't great, in fact one is outclassed by passively procced bleeds and the other one is so weak that people don't even consider using it.
    But if we use them we could think, stamdk is ment to pressure an enemy over a long period of time to finally kill them, problem number one is, most people can kill you before you are able to kill them due to many changes in the Combat System over the years. Also there is no real synergy in your skills thst help you stay in combat longer than others, you don't have any skills that magdks don't have access to and the skills you can use can be used more often on a magdk as they cost magicka. Your passives also don't help you anymore, pre Morrowind the passives were the synergy a stamdk had with it's class.
    Helping hands, redguards adrenaline rush and mountain's Blessing were designed to give you sustain when you fully specced into damage and put all your points into stamina, this set stamdk apart from other classes, the lack of damage due to weaker skills could be dealt with as you could put everything into Max stam to reach high damage while the passives gave you great sustain.
    With a high stamina Pool and the passives you also had the opportunity to be perma blocking, a huge factor that helps you to help you stay in the fight as long as possible.
    This is all gone now and there was no intention to give stamdk any synergy back into it's class design and this brought stamdk in the situation it currently is.

There needs to be a clear Vision for Stamdk like there is for any other viable spec out there (some are better designed than others but there is always a vision behind the specs and their playstyle)

This means however that there need to be many changes and mechanic changes for the stamdk.
    Simple percentage changes will never make stamdk a good class
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No stamnb is the strongest class atm tied with magsorc, stamsorc is on the same level as magplar, magdk and magnb.
    Only stamplar and stamdk Fall behind and in the case of stamplar it's only due to sustain issues.

The balance between mag and stam is better than it has been for the most part of this game
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

No stamnb is the strongest class atm tied with magsorc, stamsorc is on the same level as magplar, magdk and magnb.
    Only stamplar and stamdk Fall behind and in the case of stamplar it's only due to sustain issues.

The balance between mag and stam is better than it has been for the most part of this game

I played stam sorc for a long time and recently got back to stam dk and IMO stam dk is in a better spot. They’ve got better passives and aren’t missing out on four of them, they have minor brutality tied to major mending which works amazingly into any rotation and easily lets you hit over 20k vigor’s, poison claw is a great dot as is noxious breath due to fracture, leap is a great ultimate, sustain is good, volatile armor having the benefit of stealth removal and some damage is great, and wings is very good as well, though arguably a bit too expensive for a stamina build. They’re not the god class they once were but they’re also being underrated right now.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only difference is that the more players in the group, the more useless a stamnb becomes. In a group of 4+, a stamnb is basically useless. This is not true for stamden, for example. They are good in solo, good in duo and from a 3 man group on they become total beasts. Imo stamdk is suffering a similar issue to stamnb: the more people in your group, the more useless you feel.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StamDK needs a spammable... poison whip would seem to require the least effort on the part of ZOS and have the most potential for players, really disappointed that didn't make it into this round on the PTS

Stam whip isn't going to solve stam DK issues. As much as it is requested and as much people think of it as a way to bring back stam DK, it won't solve anything be it PvE or PvP.

We have a PvE spammable already, yet the difference with other specs is such a poison whip would have to massively outperform every other option to make up for the class lacking any decent aggressive passives. Stam DKs will just lose the second they have to use a spammable as long as it doesn't improve their DoTs like the VMA daggers used to. Because:

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade
    • Increases your Weapon [...]l Critical ratings by 438 for each Assassination ability slotted.

Stam wardens also happen to be in a *** spot PvE wise same way as stam DKs, because guess what:

(I didn't add the ult gain from casting an ability from a specific skill line, since that's a common trait among all classes)

As PvE DDs have 80% of their abilities being the same non-class abilities, what dominates is whatever has the most passive abilities that increase their damage as a whole. DKs have essentially no synergy whatsoever with anything that isn't a class ability besides Acid Spray. Stam Wardens do have a synergy with non-class abilities, but can't make the best out of those because they cannot slot enough class abilities in the first place to benefit from those.

Which is why stam whip isn't going to do anything unless you add an effect that's essentially going to make it blatantly overpowered.

I'd like to have at the very least a synergy with poison proc sets and such, but the thing is: they are actually the worst class with those. The "poison" class is the one with the least synergies with those.

Since someone might be tempted to say that DKs have good sustain to help them sustain a spammable: they don't have a single increase to their %stamina recovery. Stam DKs benefit from sustaining solely from flat resource returns and the advantage will fall more in favor of other specs if you have to invest into stamina recovery.

As for PvP, if you want to be a stamblade with no cloak, no assassin's will, no shadow image, then yes, adding a stamina whip is the way to go. And I can assure you it won't make stamina DKs any more popular in PvP than they currently are.

There are issues, there are outdated passives and abilities, there are missing synergies in a few aspects. That's how you fix stamina DK, not by adding something that redundant and actually increases the gap between stam DK and other specs.

2. a stam spammable would be a nice start but in order for stamdk to be ever used again there has to be more changes.
    There is no synergy between any skills on the Stamdk, if we look at other classes everything works together and makes the specs feel special, this doesn't happen with stamdk at all.

Example:
    Magsorcs are build around killing an enemy with a delayed burst and in order to be able to have a long enough offensive window they can access shields which will prevent them from getting oneshotted. Also while playing defensively the toolkit still gives them the opportunity to change the tide of the fight with hunting curse having a second explosion, frags being able to proc and becoming an instant cast.
    To support the ranged playstyle of magsorcs they also have 2 strong tools to create a gap and keep it up during a fight with a meele opponent: streak and mines

Same with stamnb: a completely different approach of killing an enemy, not with delayed burst but with sheer pressure with strong skills and debuffs, you don't need to kill an enemy in one hit (you still can do that very effectively) you can unleash an offensive pressure that your enemy won't be able to outheal with incap, followed by empowered suprise attacks and assassin's will hitting for more than any other non ult ability and the hardest hitting execute starting to deal full damage at 25% health.
    And to support this playstyle of, engaging and crushing an enemy with a prolonged time of frontloaded offensive pressure that not many will withstand, you get access to great tools that give you the opportunity to decide when to fight and with how your frontloaded burst works you only hinder yourself if you stay in a long fight that's why cloak and shade are your best friends on a Nightblade, you decide when to fight and when you start the fight your class is at it's biggest advantage.

When you look at a magdk you know it wants to go in the middle of a fight and stay there until everyone else is dead and to support this the whole toolkit is build around, dealing damage, healing yourself back up again and when you go offensive then you get even more heals, you don't want to be passive, waiting for your enemy to make a mistake, the only mistake they did was getting in a fight with you.
    You control the fight with roots, CCs and snares while your dots further increase the pressure on your enemy, and your main spammable only gets stronger when you combine it with your hard/ soft CCs, your sustain tool is made for fighting (at least in theory) you get resources back for using your ultimates, which means when you go offensive or have to retreat your class supports you and helps you to stay in that fight as long as you can.
    There are so many small and bigger symergies inside of the magdks toolkit that it has it's own unique playstyle that gets stronger the more you focus on using it.

The first issue is that for most stamclasses the weapon skill lines have to be used as their class toolkit isn't sufficient, this already means that they are more streamlined than magicka classes.
    But now here's the problem with stamdk. Your class doesn't give you much, the 2 active abilities (venemous claw and noxious Breath) aren't great, in fact one is outclassed by passively procced bleeds and the other one is so weak that people don't even consider using it.
    But if we use them we could think, stamdk is ment to pressure an enemy over a long period of time to finally kill them, problem number one is, most people can kill you before you are able to kill them due to many changes in the Combat System over the years. Also there is no real synergy in your skills thst help you stay in combat longer than others, you don't have any skills that magdks don't have access to and the skills you can use can be used more often on a magdk as they cost magicka. Your passives also don't help you anymore, pre Morrowind the passives were the synergy a stamdk had with it's class.
    Helping hands, redguards adrenaline rush and mountain's Blessing were designed to give you sustain when you fully specced into damage and put all your points into stamina, this set stamdk apart from other classes, the lack of damage due to weaker skills could be dealt with as you could put everything into Max stam to reach high damage while the passives gave you great sustain.
    With a high stamina Pool and the passives you also had the opportunity to be perma blocking, a huge factor that helps you to help you stay in the fight as long as possible.
    This is all gone now and there was no intention to give stamdk any synergy back into it's class design and this brought stamdk in the situation it currently is.

There needs to be a clear Vision for Stamdk like there is for any other viable spec out there (some are better designed than others but there is always a vision behind the specs and their playstyle)

This means however that there need to be many changes and mechanic changes for the stamdk.

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade

Example:

Why such the opposition to a Stamina Whip? Wrecking Blow is a terrible skill, try landing it on a good player. It makes me so angry when threads are highjacked with garbage responses meant to derail a thread.

ZOS wants to box us into the class that dots people up, but they take away our superior tankiness, so we can’t survive long enough to get the kill. All kills are earned with a burst combo. Leap + Reverse Slice

You ever try dotting someone up for a kill?

Nightblades - Dot dot dot, enemy cloaks.

Sorc - Dot dot dot, enemy shield stacks.

Templar- Dot dot dot, enemy heals to full even with major defile.

Warden- Dot dot dot, enemy just runs off and comes back later with 2 second burst combo.
    Edited by Skoomah on July 19, 2018 11:56AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I don't see that at all. Stamblades die on sight this patch. Wardens are the only Stam class that's tanky enough to deal with magsorcs while still dishing out fantastic burst.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only difference is that the more players in the group, the more useless a stamnb becomes. In a group of 4+, a stamnb is basically useless. This is not true for stamden, for example. They are good in solo, good in duo and from a 3 man group on they become total beasts. Imo stamdk is suffering a similar issue to stamnb: the more people in your group, the more useless you feel.

That's the same for all stam classes, but stamnb is different, a group of only nightblades can is strong and the more you gather together the better they work because they synergise well.
    Stamdk doesn't excel at anything for solo anything except for magwarden is better, duo it's outclassed by everything else as stamdk has pathetic utility and the damage isn't great, can it work yes but it's outclassed and the more people are in the group the more useless stamdk becomes.
    There is no reason in any situation to Pick a stamdk over anything else.
    If you have a stamnb you can much better focus single targets down, that might not be needed if you outnumber them but in a 5v10 the stamnb can much better focus healers down than other classes, they don't bring much to the table in the direct numbers game but they can highly influence the effectiveness of single target focus.

Vapirko wrote: »

I played stam sorc for a long time and recently got back to stam dk and IMO stam dk is in a better spot. They’ve got better passives and aren’t missing out on four of them, they have minor brutality tied to major mending which works amazingly into any rotation and easily lets you hit over 20k vigor’s, poison claw is a great dot as is noxious breath due to fracture, leap is a great ultimate, sustain is good, volatile armor having the benefit of stealth removal and some damage is great, and wings is very good as well, though arguably a bit too expensive for a stamina build. They’re not the god class they once were but they’re also being underrated right now.

Oh great a 20k vigor tooltip for the cost of 4k mag every 6 seconds + the worst stealth counter in their game.
    I can't think why i would rather have surge which heals for more than vigor on each tick and hurricane to reveal people from stealth.

Did you just say noxious Breath is a good dot? A dot that doesn't even have a 1k dps tooltip on most builds, that is wonky as hell, a dot that people don't even put on their bar because it's so useless...
    Leap is a great ult, if the hitbox wasn't as bad as it is now and dawnbreaker wasn't the better choice for many situations.

If you bring a stamdk for anything else than nostalgic reasons you're doing it wrong
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade

Example:

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade

Example:

Why such the opposition to a Stamina Whip? Wrecking Blow is a terrible skill, try landing it on a good player. It makes me so angry when threads are highjacked with garbage responses meant to derail a thread.

ZOS wants to box us into the class that dots people up, but they take away our superior tankiness, so we can’t survive long enough to get the kill. All kills are earned with a burst combo. Leap + Reverse Slice

You ever try dotting someone up for a kill?

Nightblades - Dot dot dot, enemy cloaks.

Sorc - Dot dot dot, enemy shield stacks.

Templar- Dot dot dot, enemy heals to full even with major defile.

Warden- Dot dot dot, enemy just runs off and comes back later with 2 second burst combo.
    Did you even read my post?
    I've been stating for at least 4 pts cycles now that i want to see a stam spammable for stamdk, hell i even finished many of my posts during Dragon Bones pts with
    #stamspammableforDK
    The comment i quoted and my comment both state that a stam spammable alone just isn’t enough to make stamdk a viable class again.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You think ZOS is gonna overhaul the class? They can’t even fix the logging in issues. Focus on one thing at a time.

#stamspammablefordk
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade

Example:

Can you do an overview of every class like you did with stamblade, magsorc and magdk. Just reading the magdk overview has got me rethinking my rotations and combat choices.
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    I play as both a StamSorc and StamDK and I feel they both suffer for their lack of passives and synergy with their skills. I think this could be greatly alleviated by increasing the number of stamina morphs across all the class skills. The other issue I see is that in general stamina has worse sustain because the passives don't synergies as well with weapon skill lines. Adding additional sustain across Stam classes would also help.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Templar

Sorcerer
    • Implosion passive

Nightblade

Example:

Can you do an overview of every class like you did with stamblade, magsorc and magdk. Just reading the magdk overview has got me rethinking my rotations and combat choices.

I can do that, but probably only in another new thread to not derail this one.
    Also I'm talking more about the vision and the synergy of the spec and not their performance in every single situation in the game.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

You highlighted the strengths of the class but all the stuff is only good on paper all falls apart in actual combat, especially relative to other classes.

Stamsorc>>>stamDK in solo and small scale. Stamsorc has much better sustain, burst and mobility--the three most important factors for open world PvP. I can see sDK outperforming sSorc in Battlegrouds if both run open-world builds but properly spec'd for the task, a sSorc will outperform sDK in any offensive PvP role.

sDK has neither the mobility nor defensive tools to properly survive in PvP without a pocket healer. The snare immunity on wings is a step in the right direction but the sustain or damage needs to go up for sDK to be competitive. Personally, I'd love to see Health Recovery take on a larger role for sDK to give them strong passive healing that would complement their natural tankiness and make them unique relative to other classes.

And idk about a class spammable. if you fix Venomous and Breath the class would play like a mDK without the heals or you would need damage so high that it becomes overbearing in conjunction with sDK tankiness.. A situational skill or a semi-spammable skill similar to curse would fit the kit better. Like turning Stone Fist into an pbAoE that deals execute damage to the primary target and stuns up to 4 enemies around you.

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #staminawhip
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dk needs a buff!

My stam sorc has dark deal(with immunity now), hurricane, implosions, better pvp based passives, 30% speed buff between 1 swift, orc passive, and hurricane.

I have played stam DK for 4 years, and have had to put it up on the shelf for the last few months.

Mag sorcs are my kryptonite as my dot, dot, dot combo does nothing on a shadow rend, necro, lich shield spamming sorc. The worst thing about that, is that they are multiplying by the night

My post is all over the place XD I just want a buff to my stam dk so I can quit playing classes that I lowkey dont really want to play
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a times, when stam DKs, wearing heavy and spamming bash were a kings :D
    Old good days...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously where do you get your information dude? I always see you saying the most backwards ass ***, so let me correct you here, again. Stam is most certainly the meta in elder snares online, and barring 2 trials. This isn't arguable so don't bother - it's a fact.

Back on topic, StamDK needs some love, Noxious Breath is awful to land, claw is cool, all other DK skills commonly used cost magicka, I don't mind having buffs cost magicka, however I do mind having a class that doesn't have an identity and leans on weapon skills for everything. Give us a #stamwhip.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

Seriously where do you get your information dude? I always see you saying the most backwards ass ***, so let me correct you here, again. Stam is most certainly the meta in elder snares online, and barring 2 trials. This isn't arguable so don't bother - it's a fact.

Back on topic, StamDK needs some love, Noxious Breath is awful to land, claw is cool, all other DK skills commonly used cost magicka, I don't mind having buffs cost magicka, however I do mind having a class that doesn't have an identity and leans on weapon skills for everything. Give us a #stamwhip.

You are the one that needs correcting. Stam in this patch is AP fodder unless you're invisible, in heavy or a Warden. If you think stam is meta now then you always will no matter what the state is, and when stam is finally balanced you'll think they're OP because your bias perception is beyond hope.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than a spammable I would like to have some aoe dmg to have some kind of group utility and 1vx tool. Something like a stamina deep breath that gives more dmg the more enemy you hit with it
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stan DK is dead guys...

Not even @Quantum_V can save us
    Edited by Skoomah on July 19, 2018 4:43PM
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People keep talking about Stam whip clearly don't understand the implications that would occur if that were to be given to us.

First we'd have DoTs significantly reduced to compensate for a high damaging whip.
    Second we'd have cost adjustments to again lower the DPS to accommodate this change.

I get this idea of "We need a spam-able and Mag DKs got two whips and they work" kind of mentality but jeez we can do better than a simple copy and paste.
    If you want identity among-st class counter-parts i.e Stamina vs Magicka, then lets start by not simply copy and pasting abilities by making each one unique to said variant.
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 19, 2018 10:53PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a delayed burst than stam whip. A stam deep breath for example with Dizzying Swing and take flight or with light attack/animation cancel/bash would be nice to have. That, along with reduction in cost of class skills and better class ulti-gen would go a long way in getting an identity back for us. Having this burst could reduce the reliance on Major Defile as well.

Another thing to add in regards to ulti-gen is I HATE having to to equip some set that gives ultimate no matter what stam dk build I'm on. Without WW hide or BS I just feel like I'm severely gimping myself.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stamblade is strong to the point of OP (only sloads hurts it) and stamsorc is pretty solid now too. Stamplar and DK are the only bad ones. They have a parallel in Magden and Magplar, so its not a stam issue.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 20, 2018 12:55AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Stamblade is strong to the point of OP (only sloads hurts it) and stamsorc is pretty solid now too. Stamplar and DK are the only bad ones. They have a parallel in Magden and Magplar, so its not a stam issue.

Take away cloak, and how strong are stamblades now?
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    #stamwhip
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously funny to see comments like that from stamblades :joy:

Edited by Juhasow on July 20, 2018 3:53AM