The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting Interface Issue - 7/17

Mattock_Romulus
Mattock_Romulus
✭✭✭✭✭
Since 7/17 whenever I go to craft my dailies I cannot complete the blacksmith, woodworking or clothier quests.

When I click the crafting station, the menu comes up, I can interact with the > button to select item type, style ect.

However, when I click the > next to material type, the widget lights up but will not move over to the next material type.

I have plenty of refined rubedite, wood, cloth, leather & metal... I have tried disabling addons and nothing helps.. It seems like there is a dead zone on the middle right of my screen preventing me from interacting with that specific option when I craft.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have been playing since Beta and never had any interface issues at all.

*Edit* I managed to finally select my Materials by moving cursor just above the > widget. I have a dead area in the middle right of my screen. I removed all addons. No idea why that one section of my screen is unresponsive. If I open my inventory screen and use the mouse wheel on that one area it will not move inventory up or down. Never had this happen in 4 yrs of playing..

*Edit* So today everything is back to normal... really odd since the issue originally persisted even with all addons disabled.. Was even affecting the character select screen, could not select
the character in the dead zone..
Edited by Mattock_Romulus on July 18, 2018 4:23PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mattock_Romulus : Since you mention add-ons and using the mouse wheel, I suppose that you are playing with a PC/Mac. But you should explicitly identify the platform and megaserver on which you play TESO when reporting a bug, because the ZOS developers cannot investigate without that information (Guidelines for Bug Report Forum).

For what it is worth, I haven't encountered the issue because I use the addon Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator to craft the items to fulfill blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking Crafting Writs. There haven't been any problems with it recently.

Maybe the issue will be resolved in the game client update and patch maintenance for today (version 4.0.12 July 17, 2018).

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire Great points, thanks for the prompt feedback.

PC North

Windows 10

Direct X 12

GeForce 1080

The only recent change was adding an Xbox Windows controller and then removing it (for Dark Souls 3)

I can finally craft now but still have a dead area on the middle right of my screen (screen fists my monitor)

Seems to be an issue with an interface bar not allowing me to click through it.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mattock_Romulus

In my experience, a "dead area" in the Heads-Up-Display has happened only inside a Homestead instance. For example, there is an area inside the Flaming Nix Deluxe Apartment in Mournhold in which I cannot interact with any interactable furnishing item that I have placed there. But I can interact with the same item placed in another Homestead, or, usually, placed in some other area of that apartment.

There may be other areas of the HUD which are "dead" in any specific instance, but I cannot recall any particular example at the moment. Sometimes issues with "dead areas" can be resolved by updating the graphics driver, and/or by setting the display resolution to the "native" resolution for the display monitor. If you choose a higher resolution (or lower one), then it can become less likely for the driver to correctly identify the location of the tip of the mouse cursor.

If there is some element on the HUD such as a casting bar, or an attribute bar, then I would not expect to be able to "click through" that element. While the mouse cursor is "on" the element, the game client should recognize that. Therefore, any mouse button click, or hold-down to drag, would be applied as input for interacting with that element, not as input for interacting with anything underneath it.

This happens frequently while my sorcerer's Twilight Matriarch has been summoned. She "flies over" absolutely everthing else. Her body or flapping wings will cover, for example, the Interactive Prompt for reading a Lorebook, or for gathering materials from a node (e.g., a herb). The I.P. is displayed intermittently, and I must keep tapping the the keybind until at some point, the game client recognizes the input because her wing is not covering the I.P. for about 0.25 seconds but does cover it for a duration of about 0.35 seconds.

If the element partially covers another element, then you might be able to put the cursor on some part of the element that is beneath (lower) and interact wtih it, such as draggging it out from under the one visually above part of it. Whether that is possible depends upon the specifc object that is "underneath" on the HUD. You might find it possible, or easier, to drag the element that covers it instead.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a Windows issue.

@Shadowshire - They weren't talking about a deadzone in the game environment as you were talking about which can be avoided by changing position in game. This was literally the same spot on their physical monitor screen where the mouse cursor can't click anything or do anything.

This is definitely an issue with Windows somehow not registering any interactable part of the screen, whether in game or on the desktop or any other program.
    Sadly, if it fixed itself then there is no way to test this unless it happens again.

I just know it isn't an issue with the game alone.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I'm thinking it was an issues with Windows game bar...i never use the game bar, however, i accidentally turned it on after installing a game pad for Dark Souls 3 and hitting the Xbox logo on the controller.

Once i disabled windows game bar the ESO issue was fixed. The deadzone effected: selecting material type while crafting, one character on my login screen was not selectable, and scrolling my inventory using mousewheel was not working over that dead spot.

Anyway it's all fixed now. Thanks for the feedback.