The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

nords are underperforming

• thegenuinebuzz
    For pure mitigation, Nords are the best race, the Rugged passive is severely overlooked, and in a game all about mitigation and reduction, that 6% really adds up, if you break it down into 2 separate stats, it essentially gives you 6% increased healing received, and 6% more health as you have a tankier health pool, and heals on you are more effective as it has to go through the rugged buff.

On the note of Argonians, they help with sustain, but Balance exists, and an Imperial will provide greater group utility purely through having stronger igneouses via their max health, when timing them against Balance's debuff. (My Lizard friend has 37K HP in Ebon/Alkosh while i'm sitting at 42.5K with the same/more stamina and magicka)
    XB1 - EU
    Nātsuké - Imperial DragonKnight Tank - Voice of Reason(90K Score), Dro-M'athra Destroyer, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor(190K Score)
    Aéria - Dark Elf Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror (586,000 score)
    Altió - Redguard Sorceror - Flawless Conqueror (585,000 score), Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My MagSorc is a Nord.

Because I got tired of sacrificing cool character concepts on the altar of statistic expedience.

So there.

I know this is an old post, but . . . damn, I love that statement.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ofc, they are neanderthals :smile:
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDS604 wrote: »
    I play nord on my warden tank, 6% dmg mitigation stacks pretty darn nice with frost cloak that gives you another 8%.
    I don't see why warden is bad for tanks, since they get a +stam% and +health% bonus. I do have to admit, the frost dmg resistance is a bit meh.. almost no content that has cold dmg. Suggestion for buffing nords : give them % more frost dmg.
    Long story short, I have no complaints about my nord warden tank.

It’s because they have the worst self heal in the game by a long shot. They can be overwhelmed in damage before other classes because of it.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    EDS604 wrote: »
    I play nord on my warden tank, 6% dmg mitigation stacks pretty darn nice with frost cloak that gives you another 8%.
    I don't see why warden is bad for tanks, since they get a +stam% and +health% bonus. I do have to admit, the frost dmg resistance is a bit meh.. almost no content that has cold dmg. Suggestion for buffing nords : give them % more frost dmg.
    Long story short, I have no complaints about my nord warden tank.

It’s because they have the worst self heal in the game by a long shot. They can be overwhelmed in damage before other classes because of it.

But it is getting buffed next patch, a whopping 25%. From 12% to 15% of your max health. Skill saved, next- ZOS, probably.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 18, 2018 7:25AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    My main, is a nord DK tank. I choose nord as I play nord in all TES games, and DK because I liked the class. This was before the game even released.
    I didn't even decide to be a tank I just fell into the role as it suits my playstyle.
    While yes, "meta ***" will tell you if you aren't an argonian you are "useless" but they don't see me dying, or struggling for resources. in fact the only issue I would ever have with resources is because I am forced to use sets and skills I actually don't want to use, tourogs, alkosh, warhorn.
    DK tank with 1h shield ult has no problems whatever race you choose.
    My only issue as nord I have is that I sometimes forget that the cryomancers in game do a lot of damage to my team as I forget that it is my nords resistances that make me see them as crap tier enemies.

Following meta is for idiots and epeen chasers.
    Just because of redguard racial perks does not mean every stam has to be a redguard. Same goes for mag altmer, tank argonian or healer breton.
    Choose whatever race and class you want.

^ This, *** the meta!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The passive boost to Cold Resistence should be change to Physical Resistence AND the damage mitigation from Rugged should be doubled from 6% to 12%.

IMHO, ZOS should make Nords more tanky. That's their specialty.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give nords 6% stam, health, and magicka with 6% ice damage.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a Nord, I'm tired of resurrecting Redguards, Khajiits, Bretons and Elves because they die like flies. :D

And as a stamina dps DK, no other race (again, as DK) does more dps than me, maybe a Khajiit and only if he/she is lucky with crits.

About resource management, I NEVER have issues.

About tanking, I'm not a tank, so I don't do trials, but I just put a sword and shield in my hands, whatever regular tanking sets, and I have tanked every single dungeon and WB in the game, so I'm sure I can also tank trials if I set up my Nord as a trials tank.

Nords underperforming? I may be playing a different game...

Edited by Dragonnord on July 19, 2018 2:29PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes