Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

/emote input language bug!

BlissfulDeluge
BlissfulDeluge
✭✭✭✭✭
So I ran into this bug thanks to a friend of mine telling me about it. I RP, you see, and since I type in /emote, my posts seem to have rather... random strings of numbers and symbols attached to them. I'm no computer genius, but I found that by changing the input language from Norwegian (my mother tongue) to English, the bug no longer persisted. Here are two screenshots for comparison, one perspective mine, the other, my friend's:

unknown.png

6462ede01711645bc3c0520c4a1e1015-png.jpg

I'll be putting in a ticket for this as well and stuff. Perhaps others from different nations have had similar troubles? It only seems to affect the /emote channel.
Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your second photo shows it seemingly only affecting that "Jakodesh" person's emotes and not actually a random string.
    All are after a space, at least, and show " 1:p:703:6 ", and they also look like some are part of typing mistakes.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your second photo shows it seemingly only affecting that "Jakodesh" person's emotes and not actually a random string.
    All are after a space, at least, and show " 1:p:703:6 ", and they also look like some are part of typing mistakes.

Ayup. The Jakodesh character is mine. On my end, everything looks fine, but on my friend's end, and another one's end, the 1:p:703:6 keeps appearing for them, while it looks fine to me.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if you could post here how you would type that, so that we can see the source content that ends up with that error even if it is in your native language typed. I bet it would help figure it out.

Edit:
    Also, what language do they use? Do they always read it in English? Does their PC have a different default language?
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 17, 2018 5:21AM