The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Something big and flat?

ZeroXFF
ZeroXFF
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to extend the area of the Cold Harbour Estate, and I need something very big and flat. Is there anything bigger than Rough Planks, Wide that fits the bill?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Daedric Platform is larger, I believe...........https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/daedric-platform-ashen/

If you flip it over to the other side, it is flat.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It you want stone, the bottom side of the Coldharbor spikes are pretty large and thematically appropriate. There's several large granite shelves, and the new coral shelves from summerset too.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the Summerset dance floor? It can be crafted an takes a fair chunk of space.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano
    Checked out those things. The spikes might be an option, though the irregularity makes it more difficult to build with them. And judging by the preview, the other things you mentioned aren't bigger either.

@Sharalei
    Do you mean Alinor Floor, Ballroom Timeworn? That does indeed look like same length, but wider. Could work.

Anyone got anything bigger?
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alinor Ballroom floor is the largest flat piece currently available, well as far as I know, but I have invested ton of time into fiddling with furnishings. The Ballroom has couple of issues to keep in mind, the first is that it is very very very thick, and thus is really difficult to use as a middle floor in interior spaces. It also has annoyingly rough edges that further limit it's use in said role. However... As long as you can sink it at least partially into the ground, those things will not be much of an issue and it does provide a large flat surface.

Well, almost flat, since it too has that annoying trademark ZOS "if it's busted and broken, it's more realistic since people don't give a *** about the condition of their homes" feature. But oddly enough, the bottom of the Ballroom is pretty much intact. So if you flip it over, you will get a nice smooth surface on which to build stuff.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    The Alinor Ballroom floor is the largest flat piece currently available, well as far as I know, but I have invested ton of time into fiddling with furnishings. The Ballroom has couple of issues to keep in mind, the first is that it is very very very thick, and thus is really difficult to use as a middle floor in interior spaces. It also has annoyingly rough edges that further limit it's use in said role. However... As long as you can sink it at least partially into the ground, those things will not be much of an issue and it does provide a large flat surface.

Well, almost flat, since it too has that annoying trademark ZOS "if it's busted and broken, it's more realistic since people don't give a *** about the condition of their homes" feature. But oddly enough, the bottom of the Ballroom is pretty much intact. So if you flip it over, you will get a nice smooth surface on which to build stuff.

This is correct in every respect.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am with @VaranisArano the bottoms of the granite and coral make excellent flat floors! The bottom of the Coldharbour boulders is nice too but they are smaller than the biggest granite and coral slabs I think.