The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Warden Tanks be just as effective as DK tanks in vet trials?

ReverseVenom
ReverseVenom
✭✭✭
Seems like a lot of trials guilds are hesitant on running a warden tank, even for an off tank. I'm not experienced in running trials so I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about but I've tanked vet bloodroot forge on my warden tank and feel like that's a decent measure of ability. I frankly find warden tanking much more engaging and fun so it is kinda disheartening when I hear guildmates/leader say they wouldn't plan on bringing a warden tank into a vet trial.

Should I just switch over to my DK tank? Or can wardens be just as good and I may just need to "prove" myself?
Nerf mudcrabs
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are always resistant to anything that is not meta. They don't have anything to measure you by-- right now you're the mystery guy who's a warden tank.

If I were you I wouldn't switch. I'd do research, practice. If you clear the content and are successful it 100% doesn't matter what class you're playing on. The exception is score pushing the hardest content in the game in the top tier guilds in the game. This isn't a realistic thing to plan for (unless that's your goal) cause 99.9% of the population will never be in that situation.
    Edited by kadar on July 14, 2018 2:44AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens make fantastic Off-Tanks.
    The buffs and defences they provide are pretty insane.
    And they can manage their resources as well as a DK in the right hands.
    A competent Warden can use the rune to pull a target to them, as successfully as a DK can chain.

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is your answer: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414877/end-game-pve-warden-main-tank-build-by-liofa-summerset
    TL;DR: Yes, Wardens can be excellent end-game tanks, as good as DKs.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    Here is your answer: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414877/end-game-pve-warden-main-tank-build-by-liofa-summerset
    TL;DR: Yes, Wardens can be excellent end-game tanks, as good as DKs.

Thanks I'll check it out
    Nerf mudcrabs