Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is loading tied to FPS like in Skyrim?

NeetoCheeto1
NeetoCheeto1
✭✭
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283/

Automatically disable VSYNC at loading screen to reduce the load time

It can be expected to shorten the significant load time under SSD environment.

In Summary:

SkyrimSE and FO4 both tie their load speeds to their FPS. Their FPS is limited to 60, meaning limited Load Speeds

A mod to get around this exists for Fallout 4, and since they are the same engine it works for SkyrimSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283/

Extract to the root SkyrimSE install directory

Modify the LoadAccelerator.ini with notepad, changing the "Options" section to be like this:

TargetState = 199

TargetState2 = 16583

Modify your skyrim.ini to have "bLockFramerate=0" under the "[Display]" section, path is "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition"

If done right, you should have very high FPS during load screens and a normal 60fps in the regular game. If on an SSD, load times should benefit greatly from this mod.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you elaborate on this? Is this viable for ESO and in that case how would it be installed in the ESO Client folder?
    I doubt adding "bLockFramerate=0" to the Usersettings.txt would work.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • NeetoCheeto1
    NeetoCheeto1
    ✭✭
    No those are for Skyrim and Fallout 4
    I guess they are using a different engine so i guess it would not work here :(