The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Kudos to ZOS

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been said, but I just wanted to thank ZOS for bringing in new sets that buff your character's strength rather than replace it with some broken proc set. We need more sets like this in the future. Please don't bring into this game anything like Zaan, Caluurion, Skoria or Sloads ever again. Those are nothing but toxic to this game.
Edited by Strider__Roshin on July 14, 2018 12:49AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also would rather that ZOS steered clear of introducing new problematic proc sets that take several updates (until the content they came with is no longer selling like hotcakes) to get fixed. It does a lot of damage to the game in the meantime, especially PVP where people are easily soured after the experience of losing to a gear set or new players over-rely on procs.

Personally, I think its better to release sets that are balanced to begin with, but I imagine ZOS think they have to release a new BIS set or else people won't buy and run the new content.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 14, 2018 1:24AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want to release very prominent sets, to sell their DLC's better and I do not judge or blame them for that. In fact, I agree with it.

They make it too obvious though :) Zaan has not been touched since it came out. But now where Dragon Bones is old stone and they need to promote the new DLC, they nerf it. It was very predictable.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets that proc offensive or defensive potential that players have to capitalize on are great. For me, Bloodspawn is the model that procs both. Much better than sets killing for us.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has their taste for different types of play style, as far as I understand, decisions are made based on usage of types of sets.

Ever since this game became buy to play, all types of players joined the game (me included), most of them are not hard core MMO players, the vast majority in my opinion are long time TES fans and some that joined as late as Skyrim. These players are not very good are PvP and tend to require training wheels, proc sets complete that requirement.

The forums represent as small part of the community, and mostly those players post that are long time MMO players as well content creators, they rely on these type of games for their bread and butter.

To be honest, when I began to understand PvP, I saw that it was near impossible to stand a chance against good players, due to lack of understanding of mechanics, skills and classes, even to this day I am still learning.

The combat is fast paced and weaving with lag is almost a myth, but does fire off 60% of the time, using a couple of proc sets does not increase any form of survive-ability, rather it gimps your character down to a great extent and does not do anything to teach you about PvP, all it does is give a false sense of security that you can win.

The outcry for sloads was so high that Summerset got a lot of unexpected attention that was not expected, that is like free publicity, the outcry (read free publicity) is the reason why ZOS should go with more proc sets to keep the community buzzing and providing them with free publicity. I find this good for the health of the game as it brings in new players and keeps the population growing.

ESO is first MMO and I love the lore of TES as well as the way it has been adapted in this game, currently it is the only MMO I play, I have no time for any other game.

I would like to thank ZOS for making and maintaining such a fun game, hopefully it will last for a long time.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They can't do proc sets every update. Rest assured, there will be more though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't do proc sets every update. Rest assured, there will be more though.

Earthgore
    Mechanical Acuity
    Zaan
    Sload's Semblance

Are we really sure they can't churn out one every update?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i hope they stay away from proc sets

They damaged pvp during the viper meta then zos stepped away from it and now we are back to proc land again

Just stop destroying your game