The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magblade help

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
I'm coming from playing a sorcerer and jumped to magblade because the playstyle is more interactive.

I'm wondering from you more experienced Magblades what skills do you recommend I slot?, I'm used to very high survival with my sorcerer and easier rotation so I'm still learning magblade, I got the gear down, just need my perfect rotation and skills.

I play on ps4 :)
Edited by Gulnagel on July 14, 2018 9:16AM

Best Answers

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll tell you what i use most of the time:
    Frontbar: Reach, inner light, swallow soul, merciless, cloak + incap/soul harvest
    Backbar: Degeneration, shadow image, double take, healing ward, piercing mark + light's champion.
    But it really depends on your playstyle.
    Other things you could do is change blur to harness/dampen. Crippling grasp is also a great skill.
    Edited by Vietfox on July 14, 2018 12:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to love mageblade. I really do. But as a console player, I found it difficult to weave LA destruction staff with Swallow Soul/Funnel Health. It was just.. buggy. Sometimes it would fire and I'd get the bow proc, other times my character just stood there like he had nothing to do. Frustrating.
    Answer ✓
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to love mageblade. I really do. But as a console player, I found it difficult to weave LA destruction staff with Swallow Soul/Funnel Health. It was just.. buggy. Sometimes it would fire and I'd get the bow proc, other times my character just stood there like he had nothing to do. Frustrating.

Yeah, it's quite buggy. Use pulse instead if you are done with strife xD
    Answer ✓
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one? ☺
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranged or melee mNB?
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Ranged or melee mNB?

Ranged mNB destructionstaff☺
  • qwyksylver
    qwyksylver
    ✭✭
    For a starter magblade run julianos + mother's sorrow + skoria/zaan

Bar 1: funnel, impale, merciless, crippling/refreshing path, inner light, destro ult

Bar 2: ele blockade, crippling/refreshing path, rearming trap/channeled accel, siphoning, shield, soul harvest ult

the better you get the more dynamic your rotation becomes but to start just apply blockad, path and crippling in that order and then reapply all 3 once blockade starts to run out. Fire your spectral bow on cooldown (the goal is 3 bows per cast). Once you get to execute only keep up blockade, trap and merciless and spam impale (only shoot the spectral bow if low on mag otherwise impale can hit harder)
    Edited by qwyksylver on July 17, 2018 6:23PM
    Kazim Udar - CP 750 Nightblade PC/NA vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF - vAS - vCR+2
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See above. Bow procs are so important, they simultaneously provide a massive boost to dps while also providing sustain since 1 in 5 skills is free.