Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian help.

Pajor
Pajor
✭✭✭✭
What is the best class for an Argonian?
Is an Argonian better at being a tank than dps?

I wanted to make an argonian and play in PVP mostly. I prefer to play as a DPS. But not sure what gear and weapon choices I should have.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian is an extremely versatile race atm in pvp. They can be tanks or dps as they have max health and amazing sustain.
    So really just choose the class you want and choose argonian.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried every class except sorc. Would that class be appropriate?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sorc will do fine. Most sorcs are high elves due to pets scaling with max magicka and high elves get 10% but Argonians get 3% max magicka and you can use blue bi stat food to get more max magicka as argonians have a sustain passive when taking potions and you will also have a good amount of max health for pvp.
    Depending on playstyle some good simple sets are, Necropotence (requires a pet active), shacklebreaker, Lich, spinners.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are fantastic for everything if you dont care about min/maxing to the point of being in the top 5%.

My main is an Argonian StamSorc and I can still hit 30k dps. It would be higher too if I had relequin.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians get a passive buff to magicka so any magic class would be viable.

They also excel as tanks or healers due to the healing passive and incredible sustain.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would an argonian suit a mag sorc? Or just a stamsorc?
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I've played Argonian stam nightblade for more than 2 years now before they even got buffed. They're awesome. The added health allows you to gear more stamina and the potion passive allows you to gear more weap dam and less sustain.

The healing bonuses are great too on a stam class that lacks good healing in general.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Klasen wrote: »
    What is the best class for an Argonian?
    Is an Argonian better at being a tank than dps?

I wanted to make an argonian and play in PVP mostly. I prefer to play as a DPS. But not sure what gear and weapon choices I should have.

Agonians are great for pvp. You get a buff to healing, max health, and poison & disease resistance, which adds great survivability, and their Resourceful passive means you still get back a decent chunk of health, magicka, and stamina when using things like immovable or reveal pots.

One thing to keep in mind is that pvp doesn't really have 'roles' the way PvE does. Taunt doesn't work on players, so you can't really tank in the traditional sense. It's usually better to think of a pvp build as a DPS with some tankiness and healing added for survivability. The precise mix will vary, but if you focus too much on 'tank' all that will happen is that your enemies will pick off the less durable players around you before focusing you down.
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on July 13, 2018 5:42PM