Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem Announcement?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When are we gonna hear about midyear mayhem coming out?
Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2018 10:48AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they are comfortable with console performance after the next patch. It's anyone's guess really.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Once they are comfortable with console performance after the next patch. It's anyone's guess really.

Ugh, I don't even play on that platform. Oh well ig
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean do you really want it? Cyro is such trash atm and influx in pop on ANY server will crash it. Its in such a bad shape the event would be a total disaster, alot of people already can't play in prime time because of lag an even would have all of cyro dropping....something sounds familiar..... oh yeah that same exact *** happened last year because zos doesn't care about pvp performance
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    I mean do you really want it? Cyro is such trash atm and influx in pop on ANY server will crash it. Its in such a bad shape the event would be a total disaster, alot of people already can't play in prime time because of lag an even would have all of cyro dropping....something sounds familiar..... oh yeah that same exact *** happened last year because zos doesn't care about pvp performance

Pc na here, only bad performance is vivec but that is because it's the most populated campaign. No problems in lesser populated campaigns such as sotha. How long has console performance in PvP been like this? Is this exclusive to summerset?
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2018 10:54AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

I'm not on console, but just from looking at the forum threads, console performance is an issue for a long time now. It even dates back to the release of vMoL.
    Edited by Feanor on July 12, 2018 11:05AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Pc na here, only bad performance is vivec but that is because it's the most populated campaign. No problems in lesser populated campaigns such as sotha.

@Aliyavana If last year was any indication, once the event hits they're ALL going to be the most populated campaign, the only difference will be if you're in queue for twenty minutes or four hours.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering i started a few months ago..yes I’d like to experience it, or replace it with an xp event till they fix their issues..then have it later

I’d like to experience one of those without having to wait till the end of the year, while the xp event wouldn’t be as fun it’d give me an opportunity to grind alts
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are we gonna hear about midyear mayhem coming out?

when they announce it
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just Console as far as i'm aware from reading on here - aren't the problems in PVP across the board? Invisable walls, crashing etc etc

But yes the event will be held until issues are resolved across the board which makes sense.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pc na here, only bad performance is vivec but that is because it's the most populated campaign. No problems in lesser populated campaigns such as sotha. How long has console performance in PvP been like this? Is this exclusive to summerset?

Yes the incoming fixes are primarily due to Summerset release...though it’d be nice if the “improvements” that were promised with Summerset to performance actually occurred...but we’re not holding our breath for that...just a return to our standard Lagfest Cyrodiil will suffice
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Datthaw plays on PC NA as well ... vivec def has issues, shor has issues as well ( not as often ) but personally I still get lag spikes, random quick load screens ( even out in the open field ) and other issues
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

@Datthaw plays on PC NA as well ... vivec def has issues, shor has issues as well ( not as often ) but personally I still get lag spikes, random quick load screens ( even out in the open field ) and other issues

I still remember last year, I would be like #200 in queue on one of the just for midyear campaigns. All the sudden I'm like #4 because half of the campaign just crashed and open up the queue. Get into the campaign and play for an hour, crash, back to 200 in queue.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "performance isn't that bad..." RIGHT NOW, yeah, with less population... but Midyear Mayhem and the servers spike with everyone in Cyrodiil on all campaigns... it will be horrible if they don't fix things first.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the July 6 Sticky I believe Gina mentioned they will do the event when they're somewhat confident it won't turn into a huge nightmare for all parties... Which could be a while actually >.>
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize that during event every campaign will be like Your Vivec or even worse ? In previous events they were adding additional campaigns and it was still not enough at prime time to contain all ppl that were in queue.
    Edited by Juhasow on July 12, 2018 4:23PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana
    Gina said on last weeks ESO-Live that Midyear Mayhem is gonna be pushed back to get some fixes in Cyrodiil first.
    At time of broadcast they had no ETA date.
    It was toward the end of the episode I think... :)
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they're putting it off so they can get their stuff together. I remember the nightmare last year, and with the servers in their current state this is for the best.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am excited for this event to simply hear all the crying of people who paid for a service when the servers melt down, like the last time and the time before that on PC.

Console players all i got to say is LOL
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, last year was nuts!
    But! Who remembers the PvP Stress Test from about 3 years ago on PTS? Lol...
    1 hour event and I was in game maybe 15-20 minutes.
    I too am glad they are gonna try and stabilize Cryodiil before the event.
    Huzzah ZoS!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huzzah ZoS!

Who said that they will? I missed it.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

I still remember last year, I would be like #200 in queue on one of the just for midyear campaigns. All the sudden I'm like #4 because half of the campaign just crashed and open up the queue. Get into the campaign and play for an hour, crash, back to 200 in queue.

yeah man, last year was fun as hell ... WHEN you were able to finally get in after waiting for what seemed like forever .... and minus the insane lag... but i still had a blast none the less
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Huzzah ZoS!

Who said that they will? I missed it.

Gina had made a comment in another post about them holding off to try to improve proformance..... at least that is what i heard

• Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423714/july-6-update-on-recent-issues-stability-steam-motifs-daily-rewards/p1

Here in the middle of first post.

"On a somewhat related note, while we haven’t yet announced the date for Midyear Mayhem, some of you may have guessed a general date range based on this month’s Crown Store Showcase and when the event was held last year. Making sure the game is stable enough to hold an event in Cyrodiil is critical; the current start date will be sometime after the console incremental patch goes live, and we’ll continue to shift the date if we feel we need to."
    Edited by Balastar on July 12, 2018 5:28PM
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well imperial city anniversary event is only 6 weeks away so they better hurry up or they might coincide it with that
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just open more campains like they did before.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I can check the exact dates after work but the xbox timed challenge achievements have been up for a while, with an end date of 7/29 or thereabouts
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA is completely broken in pvp. full zergs freeze all at once. when they come back (after closing app) they are invisible. been like this since summer set drop. When clockwork was released we had never ending load screens for 3+ weeks if you ported somewhere or died. would be really nice if they cared about pvp at all, losing players nonstop.

the amount of ap you can get now is insane anyways. wish they would have never buffed offense tics so pvp ranks actually meant something.
    Edited by RedGirl41 on July 12, 2018 7:33PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix cyrodiil first!
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant wait till next week when the patch doesn't fix anything PVP related because these forums will be very entertaining....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.