Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP Ticks

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
The biggest tick i ever got was 23k; once, i can never seem to get good ticks. What am i doing wrong?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re not PvPing at 4:00AM on an underpopulated server / alliance?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just kill people or have long fights, the best one I have gotten on Xbox NA was 165k even after hitting a load screen and getting killed

https://xboxclips.com/UnfadingSilence/5da5eb1c-71cd-44cb-aa8b-88ba3d7f641a
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Highest I ever got were 60k to 80k. They were d ticks after LONG fights.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest I ever got were 60k to 80k. They were d ticks after LONG fights.

Same. Last night got a 72k defense tick. The fight went on a good 35/45 minutes. Not to mention all the ap from kills in between.
    Just got a warden (don't judge me) to level 50 two weeks ago, and he's already sitting on 2 million ap.
    Loving the new scoring in Cyrodiil!
    Edited by Kel on July 12, 2018 12:51AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for 120k-160k ticks during the Midyear Mayhem slideshow! B)
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ezgif.com-resize-108.gif
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was getting 150-200k all the time before this campaign, guess winning has it‘s downside (less ap)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it'll be harder to get ticks like that during the event since there will be no chance to get low population bonus or fight where small scale group pushes away larger one.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

I think it'll be harder to get ticks like that during the event since there will be no chance to get low population bonus or fight where small scale group pushes away larger one.

I disagree. The Zerg seems awfully squishy NOW. I’ve seen giant Zergs run across a field, get reckt, catch a camp, come back get reckt over and over again.

During a keep fight I ran around, hopping behind stuff, LoSing until a buncha squishy AD just MELTED.

I imagine during Mid Year Mayhem a bunch of clueless PvE LfG folks will get reckt for a TON of AP. Can’t wait.

P.S. Like all these Summerset nerds rolling High Elves. I’m 8 away from the achievement on my new magdk.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 12, 2018 2:47AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree. The Zerg seems awfully squishy NOW. I’ve seen giant Zergs run across a field, get reckt, catch a camp, come back get reckt over and over again.

During a keep fight I ran around, hopping behind stuff, LoSing until a buncha squishy AD just MELTED.

I imagine during Mid Year Mayhem a bunch of clueless PvE LfG folks will get reckt for a TON of AP. Can’t wait.

P.S. Like all these Summerset nerds rolling High Elves. I’m 8 away from the achievement on my new magdk.

The question is how many people is taking part in destroying that zerg because Ap will be splitted equally between all of them. In midyear mayhen it'll be much ahrder to find fights where smaller groups will take down larger ones while defending some object mainly because of the fact there will be no smaller fights just zergsurfing eveywhere like it used to be during last 2 events. There will be large ticks ofc just not as many as people think.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The question is how many people is taking part in destroying that zerg because Ap will be splitted equally between all of them. In midyear mayhen it'll be much ahrder to find fights where smaller groups will take down larger ones while defending some object mainly because of the fact there will be no smaller fights just zergsurfing eveywhere like it used to be during last 2 events. There will be large ticks ofc just not as many as people think.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I’ve been grinding AP for the jewelry I want so I can just enjoy the event. The AP I earn will just be gravy.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 12, 2018 9:56PM
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP noob question, but what are these ticks? How do you get them to work? By that video, is it the amount of AP you get?

The most I have seen myself get, after taking a keep, I get like 6.5K?
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP noob question, but what are these ticks? How do you get them to work? By that video, is it the amount of AP you get?

@BozzyTheDrummer

Ticks are the bonus AP you get after successfully taking or defending an objective. It is based on things like the level of the keep, whether it was a take or defend, and how much AP was earned during the fight before the tick occurred. It's split evenly among the successful participants.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A tick is the AP awarded for an alliance war activity based on being on a credit list for an objective. You get on the credit list by killing players, healing players, repairing walls/doors, rezzing players, etc on the grounds on an objective like a Keep, an outpost, town or resource.

Offensive ticks are awarded for capturing objectives. There's a base AP plus the AP from any enemy players killed. For a keep, its 6K, so youve been getting the tick for capturing the keep and a little AP from killing players,

Defensive ticks are awarded for defending objectives. A minute after combat ceases on the grounds, you'll get a D tick. These vary based on the length of the fight, how many players died, and how long your alliance has held the keep's resources. So you can see anything from a few thousand AP, to a lot of AP depending on the fight. For example, quickly wiping a raid attacking my faction's back keeps usually gets me 7 to 8k while my guildmates defending the last emp keep once got a 120k defensive tick.

The best way to get AP ticks is to go where the fighting is.

Hope that helps!
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 13, 2018 1:11AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]2zsr04g.jpg
    Just wish I had the Delve AP boost
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys.

Remember when 23k was the good tick?
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defense is the way to go. I've had lots of 70k + ticks from defending keeps in small groups
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    [img][/img]2zsr04g.jpg

If i ever got an AP tick that large i’d probably crap myself. The biggest on i have ever gotten is 37k. I want all the skill points that come with all the war ranks for my favorite character. But at the rate im going, it will be years before i ever get all the AP needed.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black boot mine was the ultimate AP tick :hushed:
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    [img][/img]2zsr04g.jpg

If i ever got an AP tick that large i’d probably crap myself. The biggest on i have ever gotten is 37k. I want all the skill points that come with all the war ranks for my favorite character. But at the rate im going, it will be years before i ever get all the AP needed.

AP has been vastly hyperinflated in recent patchs (keeps used to be 100 AP), but you are still looking at nearly 65million AP to hit rank 50. If you don't enjoy PVP, don't put yourself through trying to get to GO2. There are lots of skill points in the game, you don't need them.

I get completionism, but if you are struggling now you are going to be miserable later.