Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New and returning player welcome thread (Current players say hello!) - Greymoor Edition

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that all platforms have access, there will be a lot of Summerset this weekend...

If you are just tuning or returning, welcome!
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, hello there community! I'm downloading the game now (29% of foreverness currently) after being away since Morrowind dropped. I just picked up Summerset and got Morrowind free along with it and I'm excited about getting back into the swing of things again :smile: I'm looking forward to jumping in with both feet, doing some hardcore trading once I get in some good guilds, and possibly running some group content. I'm still trying to figure out what build(s) I want to try, and WHOA, what even is a Warden!? It's Wacky stuff like this that I can't wait to test out for myself. Good luck in your struggles and adventures, friends!

Hope it's been going well!

- - - - - -

Oh, I need to change the screenshot at the top of the thread when I get home...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! Been playing GTAO since its release, but having comprehensively beaten that game, thought I'd play ESO, which I'm loving (and a long term fan of the franchise). Mainly a PvE player though. Had enough of PvP back in San Andreas for quite some time.

Cheers!!
  • SII_Frederic
    SII_Frederic
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, I'm just recently getting back into the game and recently just starting to get into the forums.

I have more of a technical question I guess.

I bought the Game way back when off steam. Recently I purchased Summerset as well off steam

I wanted to buy the game off the main site, to work around the steam issues the game has ever so often after the recent summerset release.

I do not know if I buy the game off the web site will I still have access to Summerset or would I need to rebuy summerset as well?
    Altmer - Sorc - Healer
    Bosmer - Nightblade - Queen of Thiefs
    https://discord.gg/WMmgTbc <=== Feel free to join this discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that all platforms have access, there will be a lot of Summerset this weekend...

If you are just tuning or returning, welcome!
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Hi there! Been playing GTAO since its release, but having comprehensively beaten that game, thought I'd play ESO, which I'm loving (and a long term fan of the franchise). Mainly a PvE player though. Had enough of PvP back in San Andreas for quite some time.

Cheers!!

Enjoy :)

Screenshot_20180523_205525.png
    Edited by tinythinker on May 26, 2019 4:35PM

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm just recently getting back into the game and recently just starting to get into the forums.

I have more of a technical question I guess.

I bought the Game way back when off steam. Recently I purchased Summerset as well off steam

I wanted to buy the game off the main site, to work around the steam issues the game has ever so often after the recent summerset release.

I do not know if I buy the game off the web site will I still have access to Summerset or would I need to rebuy summerset as well?

Not sure, maybe @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno would know who to ask? :wink:

The same question was asked elsewhere but I don't know if the answers are correct: https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/1694922526913863570/
    Edited by tinythinker on July 5, 2018 2:53PM

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all....

Been wandering around..and loving that these weird Summerset geysers are as hard as dolmens used to be.

NO NERFS please!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just (re)discovered this thread.

Background: Long time RPG player starting as an AD&D DM during Silicon Valley's rise in the 1970's.

Next played microcomputer text based MUDs on CompuServe then semi-graphical RPGs like Temple of Apshai on the Apple ][+, and Adventure dungeon crawl on CP/M Z80 CPUs.

Built my first PC 8088 clone adding AD&D for DOS.

Jump forward a little and discovered Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion really got me hooked. Added all the expansion discs before Oblivion became GOTY, played it for ages until "upgrade" to Vista broke it.

To stick with Elder Scrolls while waiting for a patch that never came I backtracked to play Arena, Daggerfall, and the original Morrowind in DOSBox until Skyrim's release.

Submitted my app for the ESO Closed Beta under NDA as soon as it was announced. Mid-August 2013 was my first ESO Beta weekend marathon test session. Don't think I slept a wink.

Today: Played ESO continuously since then (although I enjoy and play other genres). Helped co-found and now lead one of the first permanent ESO Player Guilds, The Elder Sages' Guild.

What keeps me in Tamriel? Friends and adventurers, new content, flexibility of play, character, role, class, and skill customization. Variety of play styles: PvE, PvP, AvA, solo, small or large groups, crafting, delves, trials, special and seasonal events, campaigns, in-game camaraderie.

Worth repeating -- Player Guilds, join one or five. Find me in Tamriel on PC NA as @Auldjohn, and my YouTube gaming channel Auldjohn MasterSage. My Guild on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild.

See you in Tamriel. Guild Motto: Have Fun!!
    Edited by Auldjohn on July 8, 2018 5:58AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be the Year of the Pig soon on Earth, but it's going to be the Year of the Dragon on Nirn.

Time to wake up the thread for new/returning players.

And of course, current players feel free to say hello!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Just (re)discovered this thread.

Background: Long time RPG player starting as an AD&D DM during Silicon Valley's rise in the 1970's.

Next played microcomputer text based MUDs on CompuServe then semi-graphical RPGs like Temple of Apshai on the Apple ][+, and Adventure dungeon crawl on CP/M Z80 CPUs.

Built my first PC 8088 clone adding AD&D for DOS.

Jump forward a little and discovered Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion really got me hooked. Added all the expansion discs before Oblivion became GOTY, played it for ages until "upgrade" to Vista broke it.

To stick with Elder Scrolls while waiting for a patch that never came I backtracked to play Arena, Daggerfall, and the original Morrowind in DOSBox until Skyrim's release.

Submitted my app for the ESO Closed Beta under NDA as soon as it was announced. Mid-August 2013 was my first ESO Beta weekend marathon test session. Don't think I slept a wink.

Today: Played ESO continuously since then (although I enjoy and play other genres). Helped co-found and now lead one of the first permanent ESO Player Guilds, The Elder Sages' Guild.

What keeps me in Tamriel? Friends and adventurers, new content, flexibility of play, character, role, class, and skill customization. Variety of play styles: PvE, PvP, AvA, solo, small or large groups, crafting, delves, trials, special and seasonal events, campaigns, in-game camaraderie.

Worth repeating -- Player Guilds, join one or five. Find me in Tamriel on PC NA as @Auldjohn, and my YouTube gaming channel Auldjohn MasterSage. My Guild on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild.

See you in Tamriel. Guild Motto: Have Fun!!

Missed this before? :confused:

Similar story for me. Still have the D&D boxed set (red for basic, blue for expert) plus the handwritten notes a friend made of some pages from the original AD&D books and the old gray set for the first Forgotten Realms AD&D campaign rules set. I only had an Atari 2600 and a Tandy Color Computer II in the 80s as a kid, then no console or computer in the 1990s except playing on other people's systems. And still I managed to play TES Arena and Daggerfall as well as Warcraft I and II :tongue: Also played a couple of MUDs at university computer labs in the 90s but they never held my attention.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as the first of the Dragon Season's content approaches, a bump here in order to wave to new and returning players as well as a grateful nod to the veterans who stick around...

New/returners: Welcome (back), what caught your interest?

Current players: What are you looking forward to the most this year?

• Kagesaiga
    Kagesaiga
    ✭✭
    Hello, I'm new here.

Someone I watch on youtube who stream recently started playing ESO again due to Elsweyr and looked good to me and I thought it might be fun so I picked up the game on my ps4 towards the beginning of February. I still havn't decided on what class to make and get to level 50 cp 160 yet but the ones I've tried have been enjoyable even if they haven't been what I was looking for.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagesaiga wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new here.

Someone I watch on youtube who stream recently started playing ESO again due to Elsweyr and looked good to me and I thought it might be fun so I picked up the game on my ps4 towards the beginning of February. I still havn't decided on what class to make and get to level 50 cp 160 yet but the ones I've tried have been enjoyable even if they haven't been what I was looking for.

Welcome :smile:

The good news is that all characters at level 50 can earn CP, and CP itself is account-wide. If you get to level 50 on a character, earn 80 CP, and then decide it isn't really what you wanted, the next character you get to 50 will already be at 80 CP. Plus, every time they've increased the useable CP cap they've boosted the catch-up mechanic.

Hope you find a race/class combo you want to keep.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 23, 2019 7:06PM

• Kagesaiga
    Kagesaiga
    ✭✭
    Well, I can say that I'm leaning towards either a templar or a dragonknight at the moment. But what I really want is something that isn't to complicated and can get me through most content just fine.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can say that I'm leaning towards either a templar or a dragonknight at the moment. But what I really want is something that isn't to complicated and can get me through most content just fine.

The game makes a lot of use of non-class skill lines and bonuses/effects from its many, many gear sets. That allows for more customization in terms of gameplay, but it can also be confusing when you are starting out with very basic gear and heavily relying on class skills.

That is to say, at level 50 - CP 160+ with lots of gearing options and many extra skill lines, your experience with a particular class can feel noticeably different than when you are just starting out.

On magicka Templar, or magplar, using Puncturing Sweeps (a morph of Puncturing Strikes) + Rushed Ceremony (either morph of it) can get you through most of the solo content. Add other abilities based on need or fun, like Aurora Javelin for a knockback, Cleansing Ritual (either morph) for removing effects, and things like Spear Shard (either morph) for extra AoE damage.

Similarly, a magicka Sorc has Crystal Fragments (morph of Crystal Shard) + Mage's Fury (either morph) mixed with heavy staff stacks to mow down targets (especially if it's a lightning staff), with an option to have a pet semi-tank for you. There also also some nice single-target and AoE abilities to pour on the damage, great buffs for more critical hits, and a magic shield. Basically use an AoE like liquid lightining + heavy attack with lightning staff, and watch stuff melt. Pick off low health targets with Fury. For single targets use a single-target ability + staff attacks, use Frag procs as they pop up, then finish with Fury.

Same is true for other classes. A few abilities that used together form the core of your button presses plus some add-ons can help newer players get comfortable then expand out.

With harder content it gets more complicated, but you can get to 50 solo this way while mixing in other things on your skill bar to see what you like and don't like. After you hit 50 you can check out builds people post online to see if any suit you or just make your own.

For stamina characters, there are fewer morph options for class abilities, and that slack is picked up by other skill lines, especially weapon skill lines, so level a couple of those early.

• Kagesaiga
    Kagesaiga
    ✭✭
    Very insightful and helped me choose what I'm going to do, Thank You!!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very insightful and helped me choose what I'm going to do, Thank You!!

Very welcome. Have fun!

• VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings and salutations everyone. :smile:

The season of the Dragon is near, a new expansion approaches. That is what I'm excited about and very much looking forward to!

Are you excited? If not I know one reason that will make you excited...Dragons!

maxresdefault.jpg

We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Greetings and salutations everyone. :smile:

The season of the Dragon is near, a new expansion approaches. That is what I'm excited about and very much looking forward to!

Are you excited? If not I know one reason that will make you excited...Dragons!

maxresdefault.jpg

Depends on the complexity of the story and of the dragons as characters. If they are just fierce-looking hit boxes that have overblown villain dialogue it will be so disappointing. If we have to fight or kill them it would be nice to have a tragic angle not just "yay the beast is dead"

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all new players.
    I fell in love with TES games starting with TES 2 through TES 5. I didn't think I would like an MMO about TES and I didn't for a long time. But the game has been getting better over the years. I still miss the character creation freedom of the single player games but I get that it's online and has to be kind of different. The game world is massive and fun to explore if you like single player games. People are pretty good for the most part. But it is an online game and you will find a lot of elitist players here that have control over the group content. They won't except you unless you have a build that they approve of. That is just the group content though. There is a lot of questing and exploring in the world, you can do on your own.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost time for the five year anniversary! Welcome back returning players :)

And welcome to Tamriel new players arriving to check out ESO with the new Chapter on the way that will bring dragons and playable necromancers to the game

Whether new or returning, what drew you in and what are you looking forward to the most, if I may ask?

See you around :blush:

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How goes your experience?

I know events can be overwhelming, so only do as much as you feel comfortable wit and enjoy if you are doing the 5-week activity.

But what about beyond that?

How is your entry/return to ESO going?

Have a great weekend!

• yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come back after a LOOOONNGGGG time, really, i Pre Order it, don't liked and put it away, now i come back this year and see how amazing it becomes, all problems i had, fixed.

Deleted most of the old Characters and start a new one focused on Craft before starting to play for real, she's finished now, so i will delete the last of the old ones and start a new character next week hahaha
    That's her
    HneLsIT.png
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    Come back after a LOOOONNGGGG time, really, i Pre Order it, don't liked and put it away, now i come back this year and see how amazing it becomes, all problems i had, fixed.

Deleted most of the old Characters and start a new one focused on Craft before starting to play for real, she's finished now, so i will delete the last of the old ones and start a new character next week hahaha
    That's her
    HneLsIT.png

Welcome back. Good luck with the fresh start! :)

• yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Welcome back. Good luck with the fresh start! :)

Thank you, the only bad part is researching Traits, it's being a pain to get 6 Traits on Medium Armor, probably more than 2 weeks to finish everything, for the rest the game is being amazing
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    [Welcome back. Good luck with the fresh start! :)

Thank you, the only bad part is researching Traits, it's being a pain to get 6 Traits on Medium Armor, probably more than 2 weeks to finish everything, for the rest the game is being amazing

Yeah. Slowest part of the game, even ahead of mount training

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New and returning players: Here are some hopefully helpful things...

1. Welcome to the game :smiley:

2. Whether or not you are new to MMORPGs, try to find a player or guild that can help you in-game. Sure you can search for info online, but to make sure it's up to date and that you appreciate the relevance of what you find on websites, having someone typing/talking with you as you are playing is very helpful.

3. Decision paralysis in creating a first character is real. And for some people even for their second or third. Which alliance? Which class? Which race? Which appearance choices? Which name? The first two (alliance and class) can't be changed for a particular character. If you make a character that is an Ebonheart Pact Dragon Knight or a Daggerfall Covenant Sorcerer, they will always be that. However race, appearance (including sex), and name can all be changed with tokens for real world money.

But there is never a permanent "best choice" for things like race or class. And you can make multiple characters and even delete the ones you don't like. As for alliance, appearance, and name, those are just role-playing flavor so it's personal choice. Alliance does count for which side you're on if you choose to participate in the Three Banners War in Cyrodiil (overland PvP with keep sieges) and the Imperial City (urban warfare style PvP with lots of buildings, hiding spots, and sewer tunnels).

Click here for super-short descriptions of each alliance:
    Basically, the Aldmeri Dominion (AD) think that human rule of the Empire has been one long disaster (there is a case to be made for this) and that an elf should sit once more on the Ruby Throne. The AD leader, Queen Ayrenn, says she wants an Empire of equality and peace for all races under the guiding hand and wisdom of an elder race. A golden age of knowledge, prosperity, and unity that lifts up everyone and disregards none. Their symbol is the Eagle and their banners are yellow. Their three main races are Altmer (High Elf), Bosmer (Wood Elf), and Khajiit (basically, cat people).

The Dagger Covenant (DC) seek to restore order and functionality to the current version of Empire, to bring order to the chaos so that healing and rebuilding can begin with no more anarchy or revolution. And they don't trust elves to rule again after what happened before humans took control - the enslavement of men and other races for millennia. They are suspicious of Ayrenn's claim to want equality, especially considering many of her own kind are still elitist and in some cases openly racist. Their symbol is the Lion and their banners are blue. Their three main races are Bretons (whose enslaved ancestors were forced to be consorts of the Ayleids, or Wild Elves, which gives them an elven-like propensity for magic), Redguard (humans who fled another continent after a war with elves only to find new elves to fight when they settled in Tamriel), and Orsimer (a.k.a. Orcs).

The Ebonheart Pact was formed when invaders (called Akaviri) from mysterious and cruel land far across the ocean invaded Tamriel. The primary invasion point was along the coastal region of the territory of the Nords (humans, basically think "Viking"), and then spread into the land of the Dunmer (Dark Elves). Even when these two groups, who have bad blood between them, worked together it was not enough. Only when the Argonians (basically, lizard people who were often kidnapped to be slaves by the Dark Elves) surprised everyone by showing up at the most critical hour to fight against the invaders were the Akaviri defeated. Hence the Pact was born. One of the god-rulers of the Dunmer, the sacred trees of the Argonians, and ill winds perceived by Nord seers have pointed to a corruption in the heart of Cyrodiil, the central province of the Empire. The Pact believe that only by capturing the Imperial City can they secure their lands from any enemy or invasion, foreign or domestic, and destroy the darkness consuming the Empire. Their symbol is the Dragon and their banners are red.

So, each alliance has strong case for wanting to win the Three Banners War and each has problems and internal divisions. Choose whichever appeals to you (or if you want to PvP with a friend whichever alliance they fight for in Cyrodiil and Imperial City).

4. Any role with any class. A follow-up to last thing, but you can be a tank, healer, or damage dealer with any class. Depending on the day, some classes will have an edge over others for some roles, that changes over time and all classes can successfully complete all content in the game. If you want to have one of each class to make sure you always have whichever other people say is "best" at the moment, that's up to you.

5. Because of scaling, you can do content in any order you want. If you are curious about the original release order, though, it goes like this:
    - your home alliance quest line + the main story ("five companions) + Cyrodiil questing hubs/random overland one-shot quests
    - Craglorn + other two alliance quest lines
    - Imperial City (DLC with medium zone)
    - Orsinium (DLC with large zone)
    - Thieves Guild (DLC with medium zone)
    - Dark Brotherhood (DLC with medium zone)
    - Morrowind (Chapter - large zone)
    - Shadows of the Hist (DLC - dungeons only)
    - Horns of the Reach (DLC - dungeons only)
    - Clockwork City (DLC with medium zone)
    - Dragon Bones (DLC - dungeons only)
    - Summerset (Chapter - large zone)
    - Wolfhunter (DLC - dungeons only)
    - Murkmire (DLC - medium zone)
    - Wrathstone (DLC - dungeons only)
    - Elsweyr (Chapter - large zone)

Craglorn and Imperial City are totally stand alone.

Orsinium is stand-alone but there is a very brief, very small hint about the Morrowind-Clockwork City-Summerset storyline at the end.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are totally stand alone.

Morrowind, Clockwork City, and Summerset have their own stories but they form a larger, connected story.

Murkmire is totally stand alone.

Most of the dungeons-only DLC are stand alone, but Wrathstone (which is as of this date the latest content) is tied to all other content released in 2019 like the new Elsweyr chaper

6. There are some progression elements on timers. Yes, starting them sooner rather than later means they get done faster, but if your first few hours, days, or weeks you are just having lots of fun running around trying stuff don't let these progression elements feel like an anchor or chore list. But if you can find a few minutes each time you log in to do them it will help:

- increase your mount training at a stable (recommend speed maxed to 60 first)
    - research new traits for crafting when you get an item with a trait you don't know

To go along with that last one, deconstructing useless items at a crafting station (armor, weapons, jewelry) whenever your inventory gets full will help you level up your crafting skill lines.

7. New to MMORPGS? Learn basic MMO concepts/terms. Not all of them at once or like you're studying for a test, but ask in-game, on the forums, on Reddit, wherever, when you see terms or concepts like "trinity", "pst", "dps", "hps", etc. and don't understand what they mean. There are guides online for such terms as well.

8. Have fun.

9. No, really, number 8 is the most important part. The other things might help you but are worthless if you are not having fun in the game.

10. Good luck!
    Edited by tinythinker on May 20, 2019 6:23PM

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there is this resource like an kind of YouTube Encyclopedia for ESO:

https://www.youtube.com/cYcfm1Na5so
    Edited by tinythinker on May 21, 2019 12:33AM

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How go your adventures in Tamriel?

Any new/returning players making their way though Elsweyr?

Bright moons, it is beautiful...

D7LBdXMW0AMX715?format=jpg&name=large

• Martinfort
    Returning to the game for the first time in about 4 years, last I played was when Imperial city came out??

Anywho, I didn't get far then, but I plan on making up for that now, putting back together my list of guilds and trying to tackle the gold game again, Working on leveling a necro and having a blast! I have a fire burning to tear into this game even hotter than when I first played. Hope I am able to tackle all the new content without trouble and re-root myself with new friends and experiences.