The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

un-installing steam

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
Ok, to show my disgust with Steam, I decided to buy from Bathesda, my plan was to un-link steam. My plan not working as TESO tells me they can not un-link due to security reasons, WHATEVER.

Ok, I buy directly from Bathesda, they send me a key code, great, now, I can't find a download link anywhere, not in emails, not on their website. One confused Argonian here.

Thought it would be easy to un-install steam copy and re-install the Bathesda copy but...…….
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on a Mac or PC? Regardless, all you have to do is find the executable file and launch from that. For Macs, it's: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient/eso.app

ETA: I think for PCs the file name is eso64.exe
    Edited by Ostacia on July 1, 2018 1:13PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rlacoste your disgust is ill placed.
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    ETA: I think for PCs the file name is eso64.exe
    I have used that method, but it ALWAYS asks for password,. just an inconvenience....

@Rlacoste your disgust is ill placed.
    How so??? Won't support Steam.....We can point fingers, but fact is, we Steam users have had too many issues.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind entering my password. I had to do it for Steam as well. Anyhow, much luck to you!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake