Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No ground and no character

Mishie04
Mishie04
Every time I log in I have no ground and my character is not there?
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    Please help? I have tried everything. The game was working perfectly on 3/31 then since 4/1 this has been happening. When I go to character select, I can choose my character, but cannot see her. I can log in, but the ground, my character, and walls do not render. I can move around and interact with things I know are there. I can see some npc's, but when I get close, they disappear.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have your tried running the repair option on the client from the launcher?
    Edited by Yankee on April 3, 2014 11:44AM
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a network issue to me. Firewall? Antivirus? Ports forwarded? Router restarted?
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    I have run the repair option, also tried running as admin and also compatibility mode xp service pack 2 and 3. I have tried shutting off all firewall and antivirus, as well as allowing eso through all of them. Not sure how to do the port thing you speak of.... I am very computer savvy, just never did much with network things. Any help would be great! :)
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    @Mishie04 Would you be able to provide screenshots of this issue?

Have you ensured that you are running the latest version of your graphics drivers?
    Staff Post
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    I have already sent you screen shots attached to the in game bug and technical reports that I sent to you on 4/1 and on 4/2. I also replied to the support tickets with my consultant report. I can take some screen shots to post on here when I get home this evening.
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me briefly yesterday, I was in the first town in Dushaan. I was standing next to a quest NPC, outside, and I simply jumped up. Then suddenly the entire world disappeared(including my character) and all I saw was sky all around. I waited a good 15 seconds before I exited and reloaded, and then it was fine.

Latest Drivers/Updates all around.

I would try doing a /stuck and see if that helps.
    Edited by SMW1980b14a_ESO on April 3, 2014 2:25PM
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    /stuck didn't help.... I cannot even see my character or the rock graphics at the login screen. I can see the water, trees, and plants, but no rock terrain. I have checked for updates on my drivers. Everything else works, all my maps, inventory, and weapon. Again, none of this was happening during beta or the first day of release. And I did not do anything different to my computer.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me briefly yesterday, I was in the first town in Dushaan. I was standing next to a quest NPC, outside, and I simply jumped up. Then suddenly the entire world disappeared(including my character) and all I saw was sky all around. I waited a good 15 seconds before I exited and reloaded, and then it was fine.

Latest Drivers/Updates all around.

I would try doing a /stuck and see if that helps.

Ya I have jumped/fallen out of the world into the void a couple times. Logging out and back in, or doing a /stuck fixed that.

What this poster is describing seems to be a bigger issue, maybe memory or graphics card related.

Edited by Yankee on April 3, 2014 2:51PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    eh double post and no delete option
    Edited by Yankee on April 3, 2014 2:49PM
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    Ugh, hope its not my graphics card... It was working perfectly for all the betas and the first day of early release!
  • Slavechik
    Slavechik
    I have the SAME problem too. i cant see my character (only weapon) , cant see ground, and npc's and props disappearing when i get close to them. -the only thing that works is that i can see my character when i zoom out alot.
    maybe a dxdiag file will help to find the problem?

no one of the moderators or admin can help? then why did i bought this game if i cant play it?
    Edited by Slavechik on April 3, 2014 6:00PM
  • Slavechik
    Slavechik
    whoopise double comment :(
    Edited by Slavechik on April 3, 2014 6:00PM
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    They think it is my graphics card :( It is just frustrating because I was able to play all the betas and first day of early release with no issues.
  • Slavechik
    Slavechik
    i just found a funny thing. i downloaded and lauched the game on a weaker computer, and it worked fine. for some specific resons it wont work on my DELL laptop.
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    I had a beat up old MacBook and it will work on that...
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    It won't work my gateway
  • Xaryen
    Xaryen
    Not sure if this exactly what is happening to you guys.. but Help?!?
    I just upgraded my computer from Win XP to Win 8.1 (did not like doing that one bit! Hate it! But had to.) Before I upgraded to Win 8.1 I could play just fine on beta and launch, no problems... but now... This is all I see. :\:(ya7cz7jipksg.bmp
    po17hqns7b3s.bmp
  • Xaryen
    Xaryen
    Ok I found a problem. for some reason it had kept my xp rendering rules. Deleted the My Documents folder for Elder Scrolls online and that fixed the tearing and odd graphics. But now I'm crashing randonly after few minutes of playtime. Shoudl probably go to medium setting instead of high.
  • Resetnow
    Resetnow
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    first step to all troubleshooting is to disable *all* add-ons.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.