The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Open world disconnects

rolandridgebackb16_ESO
Hello,

I recently (since Summerset coincidentally) started to experience random disconnections ONLY in the open world. If I am farming Skyshards etc I will lose connection regularly (it gets worse in peak time) . I believe this is serverside as I when I log back in I am usually a bit back from where the actual disconnection spot was. I don't have any of these issues in any of the dungeons and example being this morning I farmed a dungeon for 3 hours with zero disconnections, as soon as I leave and go shard farming the disconnections start again.
  • I have run a constant ping whilst doing this and there is no drop, my ping is solid.
  • My IP isn't dynamic
  • I have removed my anti-virus during the troubleshooting and the problem persisted
  • The ports specified to use are in use.
  • ESO has been added to the windows 10 firewall
  • IPV6 is disabled
  • I don't experience this issue in any other game including FPS.

As it stands a portion of the game is unplayable which is very disappointing.
  • rolandridgebackb16_ESO
    Also to add, I don't get a disconnect error I usually get a brief freeze of my character whilst I can still hear sound and it just drops to the login screen with no error message.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are useless.

@rolandbangertb16_ESO we've been posting, and posting, and posting for them to fix it, and they never do. I even found a thread from last year that detailed how ZOS was DDOSing it's own clientelle because IP adresses were doublesending on a massive scale.

They wont fix it. If you wanna play I suggest you come to terms with that or find another game and spread word of the experience far and wide, because short of losing buisness, ZOS isn't going to fix it.
  • rolandridgebackb16_ESO
    Hello @Doctordarkspawn thank you for the reply. If what you say is indeed true then this is extremely worrying, do Zenimax officials frequent these threads and provide feedback to questions?
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rolandridgebackb16_ESO They only have random people pop in and give canned answers. Your best bet is to take this to the general forums.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are currently multiple threads open regarding disconnection issues while playing ESO. Please use this thread for troubleshooting assistance and for further discussion. We are closing this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.