Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeons and set drops

Killigma
Killigma
Soul Shriven
Just started grinding dungeons and starting to learn about what sets work best for my build. My questions are; can all set pieces be dropped on a normal dungeon? Or are some items only available when running Vet dungeons?
Also, is there a max amount you can grind a dungeon for drops/exp per day?

Best Answers

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only difference in vet and normal drops for most dungeons is that only vet can drop the monster helmet for the 2-pc Undaunted sets, and vet drops are purple rather than blue quality.

Dungeons with chase rewards like motif pages have an increased or guaranteed drop on the final boss in vet mode, where the normal chance is quite low.
    Answer ✓
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can grind to your heart's desire, but you will only get the XP once for the initial quest (each dungeon has a story quest); and if it happens to be a pledge, once per day per toon.
    Answer ✓
  • Killigma
    Killigma
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. What about a maximum to loot drops and exp gained per day on dungeons? Or are you able to freely grind out the same dungeon as much as you wish?
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Grind away as much as you can handle.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killigma wrote: »
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. What about a maximum to loot drops and exp gained per day on dungeons? Or are you able to freely grind out the same dungeon as much as you wish?
    If you do an dungeon over and over for loot its better called farming, and as witchdoctor says it hardly give xp.
    The one time quest give plenty with xp and a skillpoint, pledges are also nice.
    If you do random dungeons they give plenty of xp as in 100K at cp 160.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to dungeon grinding. Get ready for the hamster wheel. Mwa....mwa ha.....mwa ha ha ha ha ha!