Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet another "camera help" thread.

MistyKitty
MistyKitty
Soul Shriven
I've been through the pages of google looking for help. I've found none in the dozen or so things that i've tried.

So, what I'm asking for here is for you to treat me like a moron and offer suggestions on fixing this as if I were five. (yes, I know.. filmed vertically, go easy on my butt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oyV6MA1mec

Among erratic acceleration issues, I'm also experienced instances where the camera will essentially take control of itself based upon a previous input (whatever direction I previously moved the mouse in) and continue to rotate in that direction until another input is received. I lose all ability to control the camera until a button is clicked. From a hardware standpoint, I know the mouse is working fine as this is the only game... the only .exe as a matter... that gives me this issue.

System:
i7-4790k (knocked down OC to stock to see if it fixed it - it didn't)
16gb memory @2133
MSI Z97-G45
EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC2 (knocked down OC to stock to see if it fixed it - it didn't)
Logitech G600 @ 1650DPI, polling rate tried at 125-142-166-200-250-333-500-1000

Mouse acceleration disabled in settings.
MouseRawInput set to 1
MouseSmoothing set to 0
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your USB slot type? USB 2/3?
    If you have different types change mouse to the other types slot. If you only have 1 kind, try changing USB slot anyway to a different section on your motherboard.
    @MistyKitty
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MistyKitty
    MistyKitty
    Soul Shriven
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    What is your USB slot type? USB 2/3?
    If you have different types change mouse to the other types slot. If you only have 1 kind, try changing USB slot anyway to a different section on your motherboard.
    @MistyKitty
    They're a mixture of 3.0/2.0
    Unfortunately, no USB ports made a difference, tried both back and front panel.
    @Yakidafi
    Edited by MistyKitty on June 27, 2018 9:25AM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MistyKitty
    I don't know how old your G600 is, but there are two possible issues causing your situations:
    1) The mouse needs cleaning, which was my gut reaction when I saw the video and read your description. Build up of dust can cause the contact points to stick, which is what your video is showing.

Carefully disassemble the mouse to reach to the contact points and clean them. This should fix the problem.

2) If the above doesn't work, then the contacts have worn to degradation. If the mouse doesn't feel as responsive today as you remember it, it's likely aged beyond repair and a replacement is recommended.

Logitech has kept the G600 around for a bit, but it's unlikely the company has changed its internals since 2012, and if they're using the old plastic casters they did for most of their mice back then, these don't have a very long lifespan (5 years, moderate use) because the plastic wears out too fast.

Hope this info helps.
    :smile:
    Edited by Violynne on June 27, 2018 11:05AM
  • MistyKitty
    MistyKitty
    Soul Shriven
    Violynne wrote: »
    @MistyKitty
    I don't know how old your G600 is, but there are two possible issues causing your situations:
    1) The mouse needs cleaning, which was my gut reaction when I saw the video and read your description. Build up of dust can cause the contact points to stick, which is what your video is showing.

Carefully disassemble the mouse to reach to the contact points and clean them. This should fix the problem.

2) If the above doesn't work, then the contacts have worn to degradation. If the mouse doesn't feel as responsive today as you remember it, it's likely aged beyond repair and a replacement is recommended.

Logitech has kept the G600 around for a bit, but it's unlikely the company has changed its internals since 2012, and if they're using the old plastic casters they did for most of their mice back then, these don't have a very long lifespan (5 years, moderate use) because the plastic wears out too fast.

Hope this info helps.
    :smile:
    @Violynne
    Oddly enough, I actually went through and cleaned her out thoroughly about four months ago, when I replaced her glide pads. The mouse itself is a little over three years old, but based upon the limited dirt buildup that was inside when I cleaned her, I'd find it remarkably unlikely that dirt buildup has been the issue here, at least not yet.
    There's two reasons I think this:

1. ESO is the only game (or, .exe so far as that's concerned, as I posted in my OP) that's giving me trouble, and it seems to happen most often when the Mouse Acceleration is doing it's thing (even though it's disabled so far as i'm able to do so), but does happen outside of mouse acceleration having a meltdown.

2. It's not so much an issue with the scroll wheel itself. It's tracking of movement, in which ESO will take an action, such as a rotation, looking up/down ETC, camera movement, and retain that movement, indefinitely, until any other non camera movement action is executed. (this is to say that I will not have control of the camera indefinitely if I don't left/right click, scroll, or use a side button)
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an eso specific issue, not mouse being old. I have had the same problem. Switching to USB 2.0 worked for me.

Others who had same problem talked about turning of the mouse overlay panel if you have that. Maybe turn off mouse software in windows that might be active.

Talking about mouse accel. Have you turned off "enhance pointer precision" in windows mouse settings?

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MistyKitty
    MistyKitty
    Soul Shriven
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    This is an eso specific issue, not mouse being old. I have had the same problem. Switching to USB 2.0 worked for me.

Others who had same problem talked about turning of the mouse overlay panel if you have that. Maybe turn off mouse software in windows that might be active.

Talking about mouse accel. Have you turned off "enhance pointer precision" in windows mouse settings?
    @Yakidafi
    Indeed I have, in addition to MarkC's Mouse Acceleration Fix.

I tried disabling LGS as well, didn't improve the situation. (even went so far as to disable CUE 2 as well, just in case it was causing some sort of issue)

Unfortunately, 2.0 didn't help :/. Tried literally every port that I have, including passthrough on keyboard, monitor, and a USB hub. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!

Update: I left my mouse plugged into one of my front panel ports, and the issue appears to have gotten significantly worse, somehow. I wasn't able to effectively control my camera at all tonight. Mouse acceleration was present the entire time, instead of sporadically, and subsequently, so was the issue conveyed in the video. Every ~15 seconds or so, I'd lose control of my camera.
    Edited by MistyKitty on June 29, 2018 9:53AM