Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing idea. Setting your alts as npcs?

sigmaxl
sigmaxl
✭✭✭
Not even sure if this would be possible, but i thought it would be cool if there was a way to set your different characters up around your house, sitting on furnature, doing emotes or whatever. Obviously the character you werw logged into wouldnt be visable, but just a way to make homes feel less empty
Gt : Sig the Feared
[AD] [Xbox1]
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've wanted this for ages. With the added perk of being able to trade gear with them directly.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I've wanted this for ages. With the added perk of being able to trade gear with them directly.

.... this has blown my mind....

I 2nd this idea 100% ! No more swapping characters multiple times to sit through endless loadscreens and sort through your bank.. Simply go into your house, click on the alt you want to trade with, and open its inventory just like a bank - deposit and withdraw as needed.

10000% agree. Great idea.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would certainly help with inventory management, if it were possible to implement.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each character is it's own save file, so not sure how they could implement inventory trade. It would require loading both saves at the same time, so you would still have to deal with a loading screen for each alt you interact with. It would probably also be the reason why your alts could not be placed in the house.

So, nice idea, but the logistics get in the way. An alternative that would help is to be able to view the inventory of your alts so you at least log to the correct one to swap gear through the bank.
    Edited by Nestor on July 27, 2017 3:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    So, nice idea, but the logistics get in the way. An alternative that would help is to be able to view the inventory of your alts so you at least log to the correct one to swap gear through the bank.

This.

I actually have all my alts, and what category of stuff they store, written down on a piece of paper....otherwise I'd never remember!
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    It would be cool if u could view there stats and acheives
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    It would be really cool, this one approves
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been suggested in other threads, but I want it so much (though not sure that the inventory part is either possible or desirable) that it bears repeating!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Each character is it's own save file, so not sure how they could implement inventory trade. It would require loading both saves at the same time, so you would still have to deal with a loading screen for each alt you interact with. It would probably also be the reason why your alts could not be placed in the house.

Yeah I get that. But I'm sure something can be worked out. Not beyond them, surely.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I asked for this on the housing npc thread.

I would LOVE to pose my alts within a specific home with their personality as there animation similar to the mounts having a small animation/audio. Where you last leave the toon and how, is how they stay until next log in... <3
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be amazing. I'd love to go into my house and see one of my alts sitting in a chair reading, or something.
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    I would feel kind of freaked out seeing myself in my many guises. Maybe I'm the only one who becomes so immersed in my characters? I guess it'd be okay if I made alts who were very different, like a really cute evil guy (so I could fall in love with myself - no, forget that; bad idea).

I do have different backstories for each character, and they have different personalities in my mind, but I think I'd rather have NPC visitors who weren't simply aspects of myself.

If my 8 alts came together in one instance, it's possible they'd assemble into a gigantic mega-me, and Tamriel isn't ready for that monster.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serelir wrote: »
    I would feel kind of freaked out seeing myself in my many guises. Maybe I'm the only one who becomes so immersed in my characters? I guess it'd be okay if I made alts who were very different, like a really cute evil guy (so I could fall in love with myself - no, forget that; bad idea).

I do have different backstories for each character, and they have different personalities in my mind, but I think I'd rather have NPC visitors who weren't simply aspects of myself.

If my 8 alts came together in one instance, it's possible they'd assemble into a gigantic mega-me, and Tamriel isn't ready for that monster.

Lol, you're certainly not the only one to get very immersed in the game ! My chars also are very different from each other... but none of them are actually "me". Some are closer to a fantasized representation of myself than others.

If ZOS were to make this suggestion happen (which would be absolutely great), my alts would either not know each other (i.e. be stationed in different houses), or would know each other but hate (or like) each other, or they would have very heated conversations about some choices they made. My main for instances would go absolutely mad at my 3rd char for the way she treated Valaste and they'd argue all night long about it... :-)

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this! When I submitted my "housing" idea before it was added to game, all the characters you weren't playing would be hanging around the house or sleeping:P
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that all of my characters are related to my main character in some fashion, and I'm getting the Nord manor (by hook or by crook) with Horns of the Reach, I'd love to be able to really make it a Clan hall and have my other characters there as NPCs to make the place look more alive.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Hakkvilds High Hall would be perfect for a guild hall with that ginormous room with gallery, and so many other buildings, caves and dungeony tunnels in the grounds. B)
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted my other characters to be interacting with my house, just simple NPC pathing would be fine, think wife, children, bard, in Skyrim Hearthfire. The way things are static in the houses (pets, mounts) they feel stale. I put a lot of effort making the house seem lived in, meanwhile everything else is a statue basically. Seems like a missed opportunity.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • sigmaxl
    sigmaxl
    ✭✭✭
    Bump because I still want this to happen
    Gt : Sig the Feared
    [AD] [Xbox1]
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Eheh...A classic Necro...but I agree that this one deserves it :)
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this added to the game. In my opinion, I think an ideal situation would be for the Alt NPCs to get a special category similar to special collectibles that would vary from 2 to 8 quantity depending on the size of the home.

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this added to the game. In my opinion, I think an ideal situation would be for the Alt NPCs to get a special category similar to special collectibles that would vary from 2 to 8 quantity depending on the size of the home.

Completely agree, except that it should be 2-15 quantity, since we as players do have the ability to purchase additional character slots. And I know that I would be irritated if I had maxed out my character slots on my account, but then I couldn't place all of them in my home.

But then, I'm a serious altoholic. Lots of RP.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see one problem, alts change in appearance over time but placed furnishings do not. Do you want it to dynamically pull the current garments, hair, adornments, personality, etc, or do you want a "snapshot" of the alt made when adding it to your furnishings? If the latter, how feasible would it be to delete the old snapshot and make a new one if you choose a new look?