The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear Zenimax: Thank You For ESO Summerset!

Ranger74z
Ranger74z
✭✭✭
Now that we've gotten past the majority of major bugs with this release(except PvP),
I just wanted to say this.

The pricing, the content, the music...I don't say this often, but I believe this chapter
is the best add-on I've ever seen for Elder Scrolls Online. I've no idea if Zenimax
can keep producing content like this on a yearly basis, but I'm hooked.

So...thank you.

Ranger74z Xbox One NA

P.S. Please think about releasing the music for this chapter on Amazon and whatnot.
I'd like to buy a copy. :)
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    Another P.S. Feel free to call me a white knight or whatnot, I too get very frustrated by all the bugs that crop up from time to time. I too would like them to focus more on the quality of their product.

But even with all that, it's an amazing chapter. :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can really feel love and passion in all in the creation of it. I truly admire that.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    Ranger74z wrote: »
    Now that we've gotten past the majority of major bugs with this release(except PvP),

The pricing, the content, the music...I don't say this often, but I believe this chapter
    is the best add-on I've ever seen for Elder Scrolls Online. I've no idea if Zenimax

So...thank you.

Ranger74z Xbox One NA

P.S. Please think about releasing the music for this chapter on Amazon and whatnot.

[Quoted post has been removed.]

How dare he enjoy the expansion? I'm in the same boat, play mainly for the story and Summerset is great.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 23, 2018 5:40PM
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »

So...thank you.

Ranger74z Xbox One NA

How dare he enjoy the expansion? I'm in the same boat, play mainly for the story and Summerset is great.

I guess it does offset all the negativity in the forums lately
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 23, 2018 5:40PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another P.S. Feel free to call me a white knight or whatnot, I too get very frustrated by all the bugs that crop up from time to time. I too would like them to focus more on the quality of their product.

But even with all that, it's an amazing chapter. :)

Lol, enjoying and complimenting the game isn’t enough to earn you the title of White-Knight! You need to find people who are frustrated by something in the game and toxically bash them for having an opinion you don’t like.

You didn’t even mention other people in this thread, let alone attack them. It’s like you’re not even trying! Learn2Forum :D
    Edited by srfrogg23 on June 23, 2018 11:55AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    You can really feel love and passion in all in the creation of it. I truly admire that.

And then You go to PvP...
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Summerset is beautiful and the storytelling in this chapter is very good. Thanks, everybody at ZOS.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »

So...thank you.

Ranger74z Xbox One NA

I guess it does offset all the negativity in the forums lately

Negativity is on this forum since beta.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 23, 2018 5:41PM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m enjoying Summerset. It’s one of my favorite zones.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Summerset is beautiful and the storytelling in this chapter is very good. Thanks, everybody at ZOS.

This sums it up for me too. ^

DLCs that offer only dungeons are of no interest to me. The two previous chapters, while ambitious, did not speak to me in terms of either environment or quests. I was so hoping Summerset would be as beautiful and wonderful feeling as Auridon and I was not disappointed. That the quests are among the best in ESO is a delightful bonus.

Yes, good job on this one. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, Summerset is danged good.

BUT -- I had to give up on the main quest today. There's literally no point in playing it at this time, because everybody and his brother is doing the same thing you are. It's so frustrating to get to a boss fight and maybe get ONE blow in, because there are three people a step ahead of you already hammering on him when you get into the room. No sense of accomplishment, and the story kind of gets ruined.

When Morrowind came out, I waited months to play the main quest, and by then it was fine. Guess I have to do the same thing here. and put Summerset on hold until the next DLC drops.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭

BUT -- I had to give up on the main quest today. There's literally no point in playing it at this time, because everybody and his brother is doing the same thing you are. It's so frustrating to get to a boss fight and maybe get ONE blow in, because there are three people a step ahead of you already hammering on him when you get into the room. No sense of accomplishment, and the story kind of gets ruined.

When Morrowind came out, I waited months to play the main quest, and by then it was fine. Guess I have to do the same thing here. and put Summerset on hold until the next DLC drops.

Move to Asia, Summerset is great for me all morning until about mid-afternoon when Europe wakes up. Then I move to the geysers and world bosses. :#
    And yes, I am still enjoying it second time through, the reactions between my altmer and my redguard make it feel different.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.....my wife and I are constantly impressed with everything fro the graphics to the music.

You guys really did an amazing job
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Thanks so much for sharing, @Ranger74z! Whether it's the story, the environment, or whatever aspect of the new content you're having fun with, we're so glad to hear you're truly enjoying Summerset.
    Staff Post
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

And then You go to PvP...

...or talk to CS when you have a problem, or see how the company responds and communicates with their customers on issues and see how it compensates them for frequent downtimes (1 crate with 0.000000123% drop rate) etc... there we go, you can certainly feel the love, just as you can feel the discouragement, disappointment and perhaps even anger coming from my words.

I was a happy (spender) with the game in general. Then I woke up. And just as you feel dizzy sometimes after waking up fast, same way you feel when you quickly realise what this is all about.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, visuals, story and music. One of the best content zos ever produced. Especially world bosses. But i wouldn't call pricing that good. It's overpriced.
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is unplayable. That takes away the entirety of Summerset's beauty.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • WilhelmTheSlayer
    It was a beautiful athmospher, although I didn't imagined Altmer would have the architectural style of the High Middle Ages that seems lazy to me. When I think of Altmer, I imagine glass-y stuff.
    StamDK DD Nord

PC/EU
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be enjoying summerset if the damn update didn't break the game on ps4 you go anywhere in summerset you run into a huge fps drop and a ton of lag so i can't believe you are saying you love summerset i bought it so i could enjoy it and i've yet to be able to venture into the most populated areas because i'll disconnect not to mention it made pvp unplayable
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 23, 2018 9:06PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes thank you ZOS...

PvE - the reskinned darkanchors, the tiny beautiful land masses, the mind numbingly boring psijic grind, clearly so much work and thought was put into the reskinning and cookie cutter quests.

Pvp - thank you for the lag and crashes, worst balance in years, not fixing current bugs as well as adding many creative new ones. Thank you for literally emptying the servers.

But most all thank you for ignoring your customers and making it crystal clear you just dont give a ***...
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Yes thank you ZOS...

PvE - the reskinned darkanchors, the tiny beautiful land masses, the mind numbingly boring psijic grind, clearly so much work and thought was put into the reskinning and cookie cutter quests.

Pvp - thank you for the lag and crashes, worst balance in years, not fixing current bugs as well as adding many creative new ones. Thank you for literally emptying the servers.

But most all thank you for ignoring your customers and making it crystal clear you just dont give a ***...

So, how's that Negative Nancy cosplay of yours coming along?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset better than Morrowind? Uhm... I'd like to disagree. The Summerset writing is incredibly bad. And the entire Psijic Order is a joke (and the questline with Josajeh... wow, so much potential and then we get this).

Summerset is beautiful, no doubt. But besides that it's overall really underwhelming. It feels like ZOS ran out of time and couldn't finish Summerset geysirs don't even have sounds). There are so so so many copy & paste caves and interiors... the only quests I really enjoyed were the ones in the sorcery school and the circus thing. The other... generic stuff you can find everywhere in ESO.

Overall Morrowind offered a lot more (the Summerset world bosses are much better though) but was overpriced. Summerset is overpriced as well. $20 would be okay, $30 is too much.

I played Summerset and finished it within <10 hours on a new toon. Wasn't as impressed or pleased as I hoped I would be.

Still nice to hear that you enjoy what I couldn't.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 23, 2018 8:46PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seconded. Any chance of this happening soon? @ZOS_SoundMaster
    PC-NA Goat
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just login during off hours.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said the same thing! Its def one of my favorite expansions of the game. I didnt enjoy Morrowind even half as much as ive enjoyed Summerset. Unless im called for group content, I spend all my alone time over there. Job well done!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    Two comments on this.

One - What a breath of fresh air! An actual compliment instead of the usual whining and complaining that has become overbearing on the forums. While it can be easy to voice complaints when a game you enjoy has a few issues here and there, the entitlement people tend to ooze in their comments is fascinating to see - and horrid to read. The game, is a game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Two - I completely agree, Summerset is an outstanding expansion. The stories are getting better and I enjoyed the Psijic storyline a great deal. Still much to do on this island, and I look forward to revisiting it once the initial hype and overcrowding dies down a bit. (Not that it's unwarranted - people are enjoying it and that's what it's meant for.)

Great job, Zenimax!
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • Carylas
    Carylas
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying the new chapter a lot too, I really like the quests (both main and side ones). Though my opinion might be biased because I love everything Altmer :p .

However, I wish there was a new personality akin to Telvanni Wizard one, that we could earn by completing a side-quest chain.

Maybe something like this:
    f3a0957190f279689931623b032a8748.gif
  • nursingninja
    nursingninja
    ✭✭✭
    I like the magic focus on this one, also the new psijic motif is awesome.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed the main story gonna take alot to top that in future dlc.

Kudos to tweaking maomer enemies to have fin like ears. Now release it as a skin or poly...

Psijic is okay far too grindy.

Looks awesome overall as a dlc.

Please save darien
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Yes thank you ZOS...

So, how's that Negative Nancy cosplay of yours coming along?

Costume is comin along...