The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are motif pages able to be broken down for gems!?

SG-17
SG-17
I mean what the hell!? I just lost a dagger motif because of this stupid ***.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's a consumable I believe.

You realize they're available in-game as well? Check the guild traders, someone might have a replacement page for sale. :) Or if you own Summerset (and have a great deal of patience), fish there and hope you get lucky.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^

To be more specific, any items that is not a "collectable" can be changed into gems.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SG-17 wrote: »

i feel your pain BUT you can also have the same pages drop multiples times .... i had 3 maces, 3 shoulders .... i was happy to be able to get something help rather than just have to delete them again .... (same as for BG except this time you just delete the double or triple lol)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player: *kicks puppy into a pit*
    Player: Why do I have legs?!?! I just lost my puppy! This is the fault of everyone else but me!
  • SG-17
    SG-17
    Player: Why do I have legs?!?! I just lost my puppy! This is the fault of everyone else but me!

Was wondering how long it would take to get one of these responses. Keep defending bad game design bruh.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was wondering how long it would take to get one of these responses. Keep defending bad game design bruh.

Bad game design would be having no use for duplicates. Think of the alternative to your proposal. What would you do with a duplicate page if you already had it?
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    I already have the entire motif and frequently fish up more of them to sell, so I was happy to get some gems for the bound version of it.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep defending your own mistakes bruh. Some of us don't want the motifs
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly man, open a ticket with support. 90% you’ll get your motif back in a day or 2.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just leave the puppies out of it. They didn’t do anything to deserve being in this thread!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like that, maybe I don't want to keep the damn page and rather have the gems
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad game design? Lol. Read before clicking maybe? If the pages were not breakable to gems then all dupes you get would become absolutely useless.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because some people don't want them,
    and
    because you can get multiples of the same motif.
    I wish we could break down ALL items for gems, even those we don't already have. I hate having ugly trash stuck in my collections folder that I'll never use, but can't get rid of, either.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    and
    I wish we could break down ALL items for gems, even those we don't already have. I hate having ugly trash stuck in my collections folder that I'll never use, but can't get rid of, either.

Same~ I'm never going to use these ugly black tattoos or useless mementos that don't even work right.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a complaint about these pages it should be that they cost 25 gems (in a tier with all other items costing 16) and only return 5 gems which is the same as all the items with a value of 16. That's a 5:1 trade in ratio. Now that right there is something worthy of complaining about, even if it's a similar structure to the full books released in crates in earlier seasons. It doesn't make it any more reasonable though.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    and

Ah, but you see the value of that clutter in your collections is the increased chance of getting gems, because of duplicates. So even those are useful ... slightly.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand; the game deleted the motif and gave you gems for it all by itself?

Or were you not paying attention and trading any consumable items for gems, and you hit the key that trashed the motif?

Check where all the motifs/recipes/master writs/surveys go in your inventory; hint- under the consumables tab.

Personally I like the option to turn consumables I don't want into gems, even if I only open the free crates. Now if they would let people trade back the costumes/items they don't want.... which they never will.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything received from the crates/store should be able to be broken down to gems.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only those that come from Crown Crates are breakable. If you look at all crown items there are actually 2 versions of them: the ones that come from Crown Crates that have a gem besides them indicating that they are breakable into them, the other, that's bought directly from Crown Store, with crowns or gem, that doesn't. In the case of Pyandonean motif pages you may have already learned the page, from other crown crate or bought one of those that are fished in to those bottles in Summerset, so it has this provision to break them down into gems also. Actually I don't find any issue with this design.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer them to be able to get gems for. I rather have the 5 gems. Though seeing they cost 25 crowns instead of 16, 7 or 8 gems trade in would have been more logical to me. Then again the 200 gem ones also trade in for the regular 33 gems like any other duplicate coasting 100 in that category. Granted find that odd too.
    Edited by Orticia on June 25, 2018 4:59PM