The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Warden Netch Companion should last longer

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorcerer skill line pets stay active for a long time, why not the Wardens?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this meant to be a joke? I can never tell anymore.

The Netch is not a combat pet like Sorc pets. You can't even begin to compare them. It's apples and oranges. The Netch is a buff in the form of a pseudo-pet. The advantage is that you can single bar the ability, cast it, and bar swap without losing it. If you're going to try to compare the Netch to other abilities, compare it to Surge, not pets.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this meant to be a joke? I can never tell anymore.

The Netch is not a combat pet like Sorc pets. You can't even begin to compare them. It's apples and oranges. The Netch is a buff in the form of a pseudo-pet. The advantage is that you can single bar the ability, cast it, and bar swap without losing it. If you're going to try to compare the Netch to other abilities, compare it to Surge, not pets.

Not quite. You also get a passive additional 8% or your HP buffed by having the Daedric pet slotted. (Wardens get a general damage boost for each animal skill they have slotted, but imo the health is a better trade off for only slotting one skill). Really I think it would be much better if they reworked that whole line for Warden’s so that they were actually summoning permanent pets with toggleable abilities.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the duration because you should be recasting it before it expires anyway for the free purge and heal you get. You also get magic back, major sorcery buff, 2% damage boost for slotting, and it counts as a pet. Not too bad for a free skill that you can spam under oils as a vamp and still not die.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want the netch to be like the bear? That is, it needs to be double-slotted to be always up? Because that's how the sorc pets work.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK, maybe because it's free, heals you when it dies, gives you regen, and at least one morph acts as a free purge?

Just spitballing here.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don’t force us to double bar the Netch or any other Animal Companion abilities, I’m begging you... Magden already suffers from limited bar space due to the one dimensional design of most of its offensive skills
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, maybe because it's free, heals you when it dies, gives you regen, and at least one morph acts as a free purge?

Just spitballing here.

And yet Magden is objectively the worst spec for pvp and pve and has been for a while... Why nerf something that’s already bad? People really should examine each skill in the context of its class before calling for nerfs... And for the love of Arkay stop calling for general warden nerfs as a way to balance Stamden while Magden is in such a laughably bad state!