The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maybe some new Class skills?

Sneaky23bacon
Sneaky23bacon
✭✭
Was wondering if ZOS would be interested in creating new class skill lines for every class. For the sake of diversity. Don't really know what they would add. As far as I know the DragonKnight doesn't have any pets. Maybe Salamanders? Firetaming?(Can't think of what it would be called XD) What would you guys be interested in seeing? For what class what kinda skills? what would they be called?
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What for, anyway? You can introduce as many skills and abilities as you want, you won't have multiple equally optimal builds. You will have one, which will eclipse everything else. If you are bored with the game, read a book until November 18th.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree. It wouldn't really fix anything on its own.

I mean, there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea of giving some classes options that didn't used to exist to shake things up. Though, I'm honestly not convinced it would be a net positive. In particular, the idea of adding pets to classes that don't currently have them, would alter how they're viewed in PvP, but do relatively little for them in PvE.

I'm even somewhat neutral on the idea of expanding the skill lines further for the same reason.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class diversity is pretty lacking already. It's rock, paper, scissors with our current builds. Adding more class skills would just be pointless as Zeni already can't balance these classes out in every situation.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class diversity is pretty lacking already. It's rock, paper, scissors with our current builds. Adding more class skills would just be pointless as Zeni already can't balance these classes out in every situation.

You mean diversity within a class's builds, or diversity of class selection?

Because if it's the former, a lot of that has to do with how huge chunks of the community will blindly chase a flavor of the month because it popped up on someone's build.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -pops up from behind the scenery-
    Did someone say "new class skills"??
    :p;):D

My thoughts on the matter ought to be well known by now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369966/class-morph-idea-mk-ii
    ...in an "Yes, but..." kind of manner.
    Yes to new class skills.
    But... with some diversification option!

As in, not just tack some new skill line to the existing classes... but let people choose a fourth class skill line to "specialize" in from verious options, possibly going as far as "morphing" their class into that new "specialization" and adjusting some existing class skills to better fit the new specialized class (even if it was only some palette shifts so it all looks "matching")

• Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more ability slots before we start adding skills
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we could get skill skins, for the sake of variety.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would rather see entirely new class added to the game
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -pops up from behind the scenery-
    Did someone say "new class skills"??
    :p;):D
    I'm scared!
    My thoughts on the matter ought to be well known by now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369966/class-morph-idea-mk-ii
    ...in an "Yes, but..." kind of manner.
    Yes to new class skills.
    But... with some diversification option!

As in, not just tack some new skill line to the existing classes... but let people choose a fourth class skill line to "specialize" in from verious options, possibly going as far as "morphing" their class into that new "specialization" and adjusting some existing class skills to better fit the new specialized class (even if it was only some palette shifts so it all looks "matching")

I recommend people to have a look at that post, it's juicy!
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see true Mage Magic Book skill line so I can have my first bar an staff and the second bar an Magic book.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voodoo!!
    Hexes, Curses, Voodoo Dolls, Sacrificial Offerings.

And for Templars, more skills along the line of Dark Flare. i.e. the opposite of the Cleansing Sun type skills.
    Moonplar?? :p

Legit 'legal' skills that allow you to climb walls for PVP purposes.

Profession active skills:

Alchemy: Some sort of Poison ground AOE
    Provisioning: Some sort of group 'morale' buff - that temporarily increases the effects of active Food / Drinks.
    Enchanting: Defensive ground placed Rune
    or something along those lines.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since we're stuck with the ridiculous limit of 5 skills on a bar, it wouldn't make much difference to offer more skills.

If ZoS isn't going to expand the number of skills per bar, what about adding combinations? This is common for controller-based games, and would allow players a larger selection of what skills to use.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got Psijic line 2 weeks ago