The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Small apartments please

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
we need vastly more small apartments in every city, balconies and cool spots,
but small and town home to apartment style
  • pennylarke
    pennylarke
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed! I don’t care for the multi-level giant homes. I’d love a nice little flat with a balcony!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially in DLC zones, like Orsinium, Anvil, Abah's Landing, Clockwork City. Just an inn room would be fine.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like some apartments that have 2 or 3 rooms/areas.

A balcony would be awesome too, but not sure how that could be handled as the homes are instanced. So what would we be overlooking and what would those on the ground look up and see?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

A balcony would be awesome too, but not sure how that could be handled as the homes are instanced. So what would we be overlooking and what would those on the ground look up and see?

A small balcony that you can stand on, but not place furniture, would still be feasible. It would be part of the non-instanced world. But then you'd have a load screen, and everyone would complain...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

A small balcony that you can stand on, but not place furniture, would still be feasible. It would be part of the non-instanced world. But then you'd have a load screen, and everyone would complain...

....and you would be sharing your balcony with all the other visitors to the home. And of course some will duel someone else in the middle of all this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the small villages or towns in that zone should have apartments.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small 2 room apartment with a balcony in a main city would be the best... Maybe a high rise building too so the view is small on the ground.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a room in the Psijic's Tower in Arthaeum, after you complete their story quest, similar to the others owned by the sages.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea. I love housing, but Massive crown only homes are boring and expensive.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a nice outside utility garden, crafting stations, dummys etc... nothing fancy.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More small and medium homes would be greatly appreciated. The manors are spectacular to look at but very very hard to decorate with only 700 items (without blocking off entire sections of the property)
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭

You'd have to make all visible parts of the city part of your own instance and just have some generic NPCs milling about. Obviously you'd have an invisible wall to stop you jumping over the side but it would be nice.

In Abah's Landing, you could face out into the desert or the sea. Man, I really want a small-ish apartment with a serene view now.

Please don't make them inn rooms though. I can't deal with the 30 Item limit.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always dreamed of a little house or appartment with a balcony overlooking the docks in Hew's Bane. That would be my ideal home <3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I would love a 2-3 room apartment/small house in the Brass Fortress, Abah's Landing, Kvatch, Alinor, Balmora or Gnisis, a room in Cephora Tower, the Hollow City, Eyevea... All those. :)
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apartments, small, and medium sized houses please. Enough with the gianormous estates that cost a fortune.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso