The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reduced the large FPS dips when moving into areas with many characters.

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
This does not say: Fixed the large FPS dips when moving into areas with many characters.

Does this mean we'll have to endure another 3 %@#$^^ weeks (or whenever the next "patch" is applied) of FPS drops, freezes, and nearly unplayable areas again?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    This does not say: Fixed the large FPS dips when moving into areas with many characters.

Does this mean we'll have to endure another 3 %@#$^^ weeks (or whenever the next "patch" is applied) of FPS drops, freezes, and nearly unplayable areas again?

Nope.

It’s 3 more years of it. 3 more weeks ... lol.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're also calling the crashes "occasional" so who knows what we're getting because they were far more frequent than occasional.
    "Fixed some occasional game crashes and disconnects."
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

It’s 3 more years of it. 3 more weeks ... lol.
    I laughed.

Good job.

Enjoy your awesome.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting FPS drops when someone's mount explodes out of the ground near me.
    Some of those animations we could do without.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    They're also calling the crashes "occasional" so who knows what we're getting because they were far more frequent than occasional.
    "Fixed some occasional game crashes and disconnects."

They did. They fixed issues that occasionally caused game crashes and disconnects. However they left the ones in that cause frequent game crashes and disconnects.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I played wow, the animations caused the lag. I wish we could remove our animations. I am on Xbox.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭

the "someone" paid for that, everybody has to see it
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skall66 wrote: »

Not when it screws the game up.
    Same with all the fools spamming their AoE in crowded spaces on purpose to cause more lag.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 20, 2018 5:53PM
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    Skall66 wrote: »

Not when it screws the game up.
    Same with all the fools spamming their AoE in crowded spaces on purpose to cause more lag.

I agree, but its not up to the players to get in desert areas to call their mount or to have fun with spell effects, its called a multiplayer game, it should allow multiple players to game, even in the same place..
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭

lag issues when around a large group have been in mmo's for years. wow even had it.

the best way to solve this is to be able to turn off others spell effects and or even your own. not sure if this is in the game or not. but if it isn't it should be as older established mmos have it. perhaps a multi platform game engine doesn't allow it.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »

lag issues when around a large group have been in mmo's for years. wow even had it.

the best way to solve this is to be able to turn off others spell effects and or even your own. not sure if this is in the game or not. but if it isn't it should be as older established mmos have it. perhaps a multi platform game engine doesn't allow it.

My thoughts as well. I usually turn off other player effects which not only reduces lag but makes it easier to place ground effects and locate battle pets when I'm in the middle of a zerg fest.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only spell effects visible from other players are the ones that offer synergies. Other effects, like Wall of Elements, were removed several patches ago.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fps dip is reduced from (80 good 20 bad) to (80 good 25 bad)
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    My potato can't play Elder Scrolls Online, please upgrade my computer for me. And if we're talking consoles well... play on inferior machines, get inferior results. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯