The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Make and Add-on?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
Where do i go to learn about making add-ons?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • robert.baddeleyub17_ESO
    http://bfy.tw/IfOk

Try that.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page
    I got referred to this page when I was interested in knowing how a certain add-on worked.
    I think it may also have the info you need to get started on your first add-on (it explains quite a lot about the API). ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, glad to see someone interested in learning add-ons!
    The first thing you'll want to do is learn Lua. It's the language that Addons are coded in. You can ignore all the file I/o stuff tho.
    Next, check out wiki.esoui.com as mentioned. The most recent and probably best tutorial is the notebook one by sirinsidiator.
    If you get stuck, head over to esoui.com forums, and you can make a post there for help, or check out he esoui gitter chat for (sometimes) quicker responses or for (sometimes) interesting chat
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking through the wiki a bit and maybe trying some of the tutorials, I'd recommend poking through and trying to modify a relatively small addon that you already use.

There are several challenges in getting started with Addons:
    • how files get loaded and how scoping works.
    • how lua interacts with the UI xml files
    • the actual limitations in the API (this part can be disappointing)
    • inspecting the running game to troubleshoot (my command history addon below can make that a little more convenient)

There's a good bit of code to write before your addon can do anything particularly interesting, so be patient.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    After looking through the wiki a bit and maybe trying some of the tutorials, I'd recommend poking through and trying to modify a relatively small addon that you already use.

There are several challenges in getting started with Addons:
    • how files get loaded and how scoping works.
    • how lua interacts with the UI xml files
    • the actual limitations in the API (this part can be disappointing)
    • inspecting the running game to troubleshoot (my command history addon below can make that a little more convenient)

There's a good bit of code to write before your addon can do anything particularly interesting, so be patient.

Yes, those are both great ways to get into add-on development. There's many simple add-ons around that you can also use as a framework. You should know that /script will run Lua commands, and /zgoo mouse will also let you inspect something's in the game if you have the zgoo add-on.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter