The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console players NEED Master Merchant or a ZOS made "Master Merchant-like" quality of life update

jazz77325
jazz77325
ZOS could i please get an official response to this issue. On consoles there is no general indication as to how much items are worth on the market as we've no access to add-ons like Master Merchant. This leads to an incredibly inflated economy. This is my biggest issue and frustration with ESO on Xbox One. Nobody on consoles has any clue how much their items are worth apart from a general approximation. The only way to make a approximation of how much our items are worth is by checking multiple guild traders. This is a massive waste of time and disincentives player-player trade which should be encouraged in MMORPG's.
I see two solutions ZOS could implement.
Firstly add a feature Identical or similar to the PC add-on " Master merchant" to the consoles UI. This could be done as part of the next patch or quality of life update.
The second alternative solution is to allow add-ons to ESO on consoles similar to how Skyrim allows mods on Xbox- One. That way we can install a master merchant add-on ourselves.
Edited by jazz77325 on June 17, 2018 8:02PM
Dalinar Thala - Altmer, DragonKnight PVE Tank. Champion Points 187
Slyvana Thorn- Bosmer, Nightblade. PVP Rogue. Thief and Assassin.
Gamertag: Dr Sweendog
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then some super genius needs to invent a way to allow addons on console.

Or maybe somehow via Steam, or are consoles not steam linked?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • jazz77325
    jazz77325
    Consoles are not steam linked but they don't have to be. Nor does this problem require a super genius. I'd much prefer the first option i proposed; a ZOS made "master merchant"-like UI update for consoles.
    But if ZOS didn't want to go that direction then they could go the alternative direction and make add-on support for ESO on consoles. Just like the mod-support in Skyrim special edition. Then eventually somebody would make a third party console port of the master merchant add-on. A similar thing happened with many skyrim pc mods. Once mod support for consoles was released many modders on pc ported their mods over to within the console modding system. That's why many PC mods for skyrim are now available for console. But i'm not a modder or game dev so i dont know if add-ons for console are feasible or not?
    But we don't need add-ons on ESO on console to address the issue. Again ZOS could make a UI update for console that worked just like the "master merchant" add-on and gave us the general price of an item on the market as part of a quality of life update. This would make trading so much more enjoyable for console players and stabilize the in-game economy because people will know how much their items are worth. This will also make crafting on console a viable way to earn gold. The fact we still haven't been given this makes me as a console player feel neglected by ZOS. (Also fix Cyrodiil PVPs lag on Xbox EU)
  • jazz77325
    jazz77325
    Christ even make it an ESO Plus members only benefit. Just please give us a master merchant like UI update .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they need to do a lot of work to bolster their minimalist functionality on the console. This is one reason I abandoned my PS4 account.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jazz77325
    jazz77325
    It honestly sucks. I love ESO on console to the point i'm a ESO plus member to help support and keep the game alive. But the fact this issue still hasn't been addressed really sucks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread has been created multiple times in multiple forums, we are closing this one. Please use this thread for any further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.