Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil keeps freezing ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep getting stuck in animations and freeze for 15 to 20 minutes in battles. I end up having two relog every 20 minutes, worried about the stress of my ps4.

Is it me or is every body freezing in PvP, and lost emo due to freezing cannot defend if the entire faction lagged our and had to relog

What do I do ?
Edited by WeylandLabs on June 5, 2018 10:37PM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, freezing all the time here on PS4 NA, don’t know why
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. PS4 NA Vivec. About half the time, it never comes back and you have to force-close and restart application. More frustrating than the infinite load screens we had with Update 16. I can't get too close to a 20+ group of enemy players without all action suddenly freezing.
    PS4NA
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's dreadful. And the population is about as low as it gets.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing. I was hoping you were hinting at a seasonal weather system in game.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    The game is a freaking slideshow because their servers can't handle the load.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to PvP in an environment where the core mechanics of the game function consistently & bugs are addressed in a timely manner, ESO is not for you.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing issues with freezing in Cyrodiil, the troubleshooting below may help improve the situation.

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

To power cycle your PlayStation 4:
    1. Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller.
    2. Turn off the PS4 with Turn Off PS4 and not "Enter Rest Mode".
    3. Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.

CLEAR SAVE DATA

Deleting your Elder Scrolls Online saved data file can resolve some errors on console. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.

To delete save data on the PlayStation 4:
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.

UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE GAME

To uninstall a game on your PS4, follow the steps found here. Once complete, you can reinstall the game from your library or the game disc.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are experiencing issues with freezing in Cyrodiil, the troubleshooting below may help improve the situation.

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

3. Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.

CLEAR SAVE DATA

Deleting your Elder Scrolls Online saved data file can resolve some errors on console. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.

4. Select "Delete"

To uninstall a game on your PS4, follow the steps found here. Once complete, you can reinstall the game from your library or the game disc.

What about for Xbox? Because I have most certainly have done a hard reset and have cleared saved data. Still horrible freezing and disconnect. And I’m most certainly most definitely not uninstalling and resinstalling this almost 200gb game...
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

CLEAR SAVE DATA

4. Select "Delete"

The above, or alternatively, play a game with a publisher that tests its titles and releases instead of one content on passing on implementation oversights to the playerbase.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the response is meant to be helpful, but this isn't as simple as "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I don't think ZOS grasps yet how many people on console are experiencing this. There are threads all over the forums on it. It's a major issue and I'm hoping that @ZOS_GinaBruno can take a look and flag this for the devs. This video explains what console players are experiencing, and sometimes the freeze is permanent until you force-close the app and relaunch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1SCgSV1MGY

Video courtesy of @Sun7dance
    PS4NA
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

CLEAR SAVE DATA

4. Select "Delete"

The problem with these options are that none of them will fix the broken game code.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same *** on my high end PC , i got freezes in Cyro and battlegrounds however they are permament and i have to restart the game.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the same problem, I think we all might have to start posting vids ;)!
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    Got the same problem, I think we all might have to start posting vids ;)!

I've got so many.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

CLEAR SAVE DATA

4. Select "Delete"

I know this is what protocol says to do but this just started happening after the update the other day when summerset was released so none of these options are going to work it's what was put into the game with the update that is causing the game to freeze I believe it is a texture issue that is causing everyone to freeze I have had to turn my game off and on 15 times yesterday do to freezing I am done with pvp until this gets fixed and now its even starting to freeze in pve also in certain locations so I might just have to stop playing all together
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 8, 2018 2:58PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is broken expect a fix in the next few months lol
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they said fix your console is hilarious, im so glad i didnt pay for the dlc cause id be a lil upset. I have no words for the treatment of us console players in general. You know what to do... !
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken still freezing
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone experiencing stuttering and freezing issues since the Summerset update, we have improvements coming in the next console update to help with these performance issues. You can find more information here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

I bet this gets deleted by moderator?????

Here goes. Basically everyones PS4's are fine and please ignore any ZOS related emails regarding reinstalling game, deleting saved data. This is nothing to do with the problem. When a problem like this exists suddenly its obvious that it has to be a fault of theirs. You can not expect random PS4's everywhere all decide to have this freezing problem. This all happened due to the Summerset Patch. The day before I was perfectly fine. I always had lag when major Zerg mobs around but it never crashed.

I have raised about 10 tickets from my PS4 in the last 4 days regarding this issue and saved lots of video captures, its a BIG problem.

Here is the ongoing Saga of one convo to ESO. Enjoy!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 06/09/2018 06:07 PM
    Hey there!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is *****, and I'll be more then happy to take a look into this ticket for you today. I was reading through the ticket and saw that you were having some trouble with your ESO freezing on you.

I know this can be quite frustrating to deal with, but we will be more than happy to work on getting this fixed up for you.

If you are experiencing issues with The Elder Scrolls Online crashing on your PlayStation 4, you can try the following troubleshooting solutions:
    Power Cycle the Console
    Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller.
    Turn off the PS4 with Turn Off PS4 and not "Enter Rest Mode".
    Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.
    Clear Save Data

From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    Go to Application Saved Data.
    Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    Select "Delete"
    Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Place ticks next to ESOSaveData.
    Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.
    You can read further details on Deleting Save Data on PlayStation's website here.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Game

If you continue to experience issues, you should contact PlayStation Support for further troubleshooting here.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info:
    https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
    http://twitter.com/TESOnline
    http://elderscrollsonline.com

Hi *****

Thanks for contacting me appreciate it.
    Here is the link to others speaking of the lightning staff problem which I get also.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417446/issues-with-lightning-staff-heavy-attacks-ps4-summerset#reply-anchor

I have multiple PS4 EU video captures of the freezing problem after the summerset patch, please download from the wetransfer folder sent to you.

Before I even think of going down the route you advise I would like to point out that the day before the Summerset patch all was perfectly fine.
    Always suffered from FPS lag when in battle with Zerg mobs but it never seized up or had sticky frozen pauses.
    Also for the record I get no problems with any other games online period.

My connection as tested on router is 33MB down 9MB up and 9ms ping.

This problem with ESO is constant every day now after the summerset patch. Time of day makes no difference. The random temporary freezing on / off is also in PVE but it never actually locks up.

When in Cyrodiil I head out on horseback or on foot and as you are exploring the screen randomly freezes then pings forward (sometimes with BIG delay).
    If I’m lucky I get to the Keep or outpost that I’m trying to capture, start the battle and when it looks like we will win I ‘wince’ thinking just a bit longer and then Bang!
    Everything is frozen on screen with a looping whooshing audio sound where it has crashed. See end of video captures.
    Only option is hold PS button and close game.
    By the time I get spawned back in due to the long load time the keep or outpost has been won but because I wasn’t there I get no AP whatsoever.
    I'm losing thousands of AP. I'm trying to get my rank up but at this rate there is no point.

With the addition of the new ‘Capture Keeps and Farms’ missions this is costing me dearly regarding AP. So much so that its hardly worth me playing anymore. I'm pretty depressed to say the least.

It seems reminiscent of the same problem a few patch's ago when ZOS devs realised that there was a serious issue with animations and ballista's firing that would seize everything.

I seriously think you need to get devs to sort this.

The problem I am experiencing above has been announced on the forums and it seems to affect sorcerers. That is what I am.

Please let me know that you have received the videos, I think the devs will find them interesting.
    Considering that 24 hours before the patch I had no problems at all I find it hard to believe that it is me.

Do you still want me to carry out your instructions or wait until you have viewed the video captures?

Kind Regards

Greetings, *******

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We will pass this information along but if you submitted the videos through Bug reports or Feedback tickets then the developers will review them.
    Bug reports and Feedback tickets bypass customer support and go directly to the developers. They will not reply but they read each and every one.

The troubleshooting steps we have provided is up to you whether or not you want to attempt them. Even if they do not resolve the issue, it is possible they could make game-play more stable.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Hi *******, ****** and others,

Deleted my save file, no difference but I already knew that since the problem wasn’t there before Summerset.......??????

Please send me the direct link to bugs and tickets I have no idea where that is? I need them to attach videos to devs ASAP.
    Interestingly to me, last night I randomly went up to players in Cyrodiil and in the text chat I asked them if they were having issues.
    Other players were all suffering with major flickering scenery (the worst I’ve ever seen) and temporary long stuck animation and at least one permanent crash per hour.
    I had more last night 11.06.18, on PS4 EU with two reports that I was able to submit, but I doubt they get looked at.

Although my messages are getting through to you, I do think the customer service is the worst design on a gaming company I have ever seen.
    Its almost like ZOS want you to work as hard as you can taking up all of your personal time because ZOS think you are making it all up unless you pester them for long enough.
    Then they may threaten you with account closure for harassing them.

My personal feelings on ZOS as a company:
    If you are the “online support team” why don’t you do something useful and forward my videos yourself, you have access to their emails you work for the same company.
    I’ve been down that road before with phone and electric companies, its all BS!
    Way to complicated, I’m sure most people with issues just b***** well give up, but I guess that's what you all want, so you don’t have to look into it.
    Just leave us paying customers with a very glitchy unplayable game.

ZOS should realise that game issues as big as this one should be addressed immediately and all communication including attachments should be in one place, and looked into by one team.
    Obviously this very serious ‘post summerset’ game breaking issue is of no interest to you guys.
    As the game is now its unplayable for me and if not fixed I will simply have to quit, three years wasted.
    It really is that bad, do you realise how bitter and angry it makes someone who is battling for points and then crashes every time before you get any defense AP in Cyrodiil.
    IT SUCKS!
    I’m done on this conversation now, do as you wish.

Regards

• JohnDoggett
    JohnDoggett
    ✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I know the response is meant to be helpful, but this isn't as simple as "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I don't think ZOS grasps yet how many people on console are experiencing this. There are threads all over the forums on it. It's a major issue and I'm hoping that @ZOS_GinaBruno can take a look and flag this for the devs. This video explains what console players are experiencing, and sometimes the freeze is permanent until you force-close the app and relaunch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1SCgSV1MGY

Video courtesy of @Sun7dance

That is exactly what I am experiencing but I also get a complete crash. Not the bluescreen one where you can send a report but just a frozen image of the last frame of what you were doing with a recurring looping audio noise.
    Hold PS button shut down and restart game. Spawned back in, keeps and outposts been taken lost all AP.
  • mmdc
    mmdc
    Soul Shriven
    freeze whenever I join cyrodiill in 5 minutes. I did all above suggestions but it does not help.
    Edited by mmdc on June 12, 2018 7:15PM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

POWER CYCLE THE CONSOLE

CLEAR SAVE DATA

4. Select "Delete"

You could and most likely have tried this but the real solution is to STOP PAYING FOR THIS GAME AND STOP PLAYING IT UNTIL THEY FIX IT.

side note I did so much trouble shooting with Zenimax they actually blamed Sony and the PS4 in the end. so when I contacted Sony with Zenimax last email to me Sony said they are not responsible for this game and its Zenimax responsibility to resolve these issues.
  • meba
    meba
    ✭✭
    I too am having this problem : (

Not blue screen, just total freeze. Have to force-quit the game. Sucks.

Z, can you acknowledge that the aforementioned fix didn't resolve this cyrodil issue?
    playstation/na • òbłìvîón
  • meba
    meba
    ✭✭
    For anyone experiencing stuttering and freezing issues since the Summerset update, we have improvements coming in the next console update to help with these performance issues. You can find more information here.

..maybe we've not got the console update yet? I never know, since it updates itself.
    playstation/na • òbłìvîón
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meba wrote: »

..maybe we've not got the console update yet? I never know, since it updates itself.

Next week...
    PS4NA
  • Redhawk05
    Redhawk05
    ✭✭
    @TESOnline after the Summerset update players now see the loading screen frequently when just moving from keep to keep in Cyrodil, and it lasts 10-60 seconds. Also the time stop skill freezes the opponents system so we have to shut down and restart in the middle of a battle every time. Please fix. Not sure if it's the time stop skill or something else. But something was broken during the Summerset update for most. It never happened before.

I just posted that to ESO Twitter. So yeah, it's a major issue in Cyrodil since the Summerset update.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to PvP today and my game froze three times during battle forcing me to completely restart.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zos this constant freezing/crashes has NOTHING to so with the PS4 console and everything to do with another shoddy update. Every update breaks Cyrodiil and Summerset ranks with the worse. All players should be compensated for being unable to play the game properly because of your dev’s incompetence. Cannot believe you have the hide to suggest power cycling as a fix. It’s laughable.