Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does this crafting station become unusable after exiting the house?

N00BxV1
N00BxV1
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I enter the house I have to reset the clothing station so that I can interact with it. Also when I zoom out and point at the unusable clothing station the nearby woodworking station's "interaction box" overlaps it. I tested moving the clothing station near a different station and the same thing happens. All the other crafting stations seem to be working just fine though.

All I have to do to make the clothing station usable again is just click and then cancel the edit - I don't have to move, align or anything else. But as soon as I exit and then re-enter the house, the station is unusable again. I'm not sure when exactly this started happening, maybe in the past month or so (Dragon Bones update). But it definitely was not always acting like this because I've had these stations setup since last year.

https://youtu.be/6zjFANMa_O8

Update:
For some reason placing/resetting a different furnishing made my craft station usable without having to reset it. I just entered my house (Earthtear Cavern) and placed a new furnishing and noticed after that my craft station was usable without having to reset it. So I exit and re-enter the house, check the station but it was unusable, then I reset the newly placed furnishing and the station became usable again... wth is going on with this!?

https://youtu.be/Q-GwCiyAMVw
Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:42PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's on planks.
    Sometimes the crafting stations load in before the planks, so it will register as being in mid air, hence uninteractable.
    You might have to have them positioned directly on the floor rather than on a structure that you have built in order to prevent this from happening.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Because it's on planks.
    Sometimes the crafting stations load in before the planks, so it will register as being in mid air, hence uninteractable.
    You might have to have them positioned directly on the floor rather than on a structure that you have built in order to prevent this from happening.

But why is this the only interactable in my entire house that's affected when I have several others placed on planks and all work? And why did this just start happening recently, after Dragon Bones update, when I've had this setup since last year and everything was working before? If something was working before, but has stopped working after a patch/update, then I can't help but to feel like something was changed or a problem may exist.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:46PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »

A quick suggestion... Check out the "Let There Be Light" add-on -- it can reset any/all of your Crafting Stations (as well as lights, incense, etc.) with one key press.

You can get Let There Be Light from ESOUI.com or Minion.

Quick Let There Be Light demo (0:38)
    hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAwsIARUAAIhCGAFwAQ==&rs=AOn4CLAW09pcGq2s3arcgxExR_OAhCu7DA
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    A quick suggestion... Check out the "Let There Be Light" add-on -- it can reset any/all of your Crafting Stations (as well as lights, incense, etc.) with one key press. ...

Thanks for the suggestion, but we shouldn't have to rely on addons to fix the game. I didn't know before making this thread that others have also reported this issue in the Bug Reports forum. It's clear that something's wrong because this isn't an isolated incident and it just started happening since a previous update - so it needs to be fixed...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on March 21, 2018 12:31AM
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed - this has become a plague to my guild. pls fix asap
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See first post for update.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:43PM
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump - NOT FIXED pls help @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thank you
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on how things load. IF the table loads before the plank, then it will not be usable. If the plank loads first then the table will function as designed.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    SENT ANOTHER TICKET, ZOS asked me to remove all addons and try again. Nope. Then ZOS asked me to run game consultant and believe this is my computer's problem. IT HAPPENS FOR ALL VISITORS, not me!

I am going to keep recording the problem and see how long it takes for this issue to be solved.

As of June 2, 2018

Sorry for bugging you Gina @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on how things load. IF the table loads before the plank, then it will not be usable. If the plank loads first then the table will function as designed.

IF this is a loading issue, then why did it just start happening AFTER Dragon Bones update, and why is it ONLY affecting one craft station? Something has changed because I've had my house setup this way since last year and never had a problem before the update.

Also, why is it that I can place/reset a different furnishing in a different area of the house and it causes the affected craft station to become usable - while I'm already in the house and everything is already loaded. There's still no explanation for this - see my second video.

SENT ANOTHER TICKET, ZOS asked me to remove all addons and try again. Nope. Then ZOS asked me to run game consultant and believe this is my computer's problem. IT HAPPENS FOR ALL VISITORS, not me!

I am going to keep recording the problem and see how long it takes for this issue to be solved.

As of June 2, 2018

Thanks for your effort at getting this resolved.

It's definitely not an issue with my computer because ALL of my visitors have the exact same problem when they visit my house. Every time someone visits my house I get a whisper "hey man, your clothing station doesn't work", and then I'm like "yeah I know, it's been bugged since dragon bones update. sorry..."

It's really *** irritating that I paid 13k crowns for a house and now I'm just expected to live with it and work around the issues because they don't feel like dealing with it. I mean I can deal with the other issues the house has (Earthtear Cavern), but I gotta draw the line at my furnishings not working as intended, especially since it was working perfectly fine before an update then something was changed.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:48PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post... stupid forum.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 4:33PM
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with my banker once, it is a placement thing. As mentioned before, check if it is placed on something, try it on an even ground.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    I had the same issue with my banker once, it is a placement thing. As mentioned before, check if it is placed on something, try it on an even ground.

I reset the craft station every time I enter the house... When I first enter the house the station is always unusable, after I reset it it becomes usable until I exit the house and enter again. This problem did not exist for me until after the Dragon Bones update.

When I enter the house and the craft station is unusable, I can go place/reset a completely different furnishing and then the affected craft station magically becomes usable without having to reset it. How the *** is this even possible: placing or resetting a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT furnishing causes the unusable craft station to become usable?! Furnishings are already loaded once you enter the house, afaik placing/resetting furnishings does not cause the house to reload the items while you're in it.

I'm just gonna post this video again because what is happening makes absolutely zero sense to me, and I'm tired of trying to re-explain what I've already said and shown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GwCiyAMVw
    Edited by N00BxV1 on June 2, 2018 5:25PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm, I have that problem with a centurion dummy. I have to reset it every time I enter my home.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Hm, I have that problem with a centurion dummy. I have to reset it every time I enter my home.

Next time you visit your house, before resetting the dummy, try to place/reset a different furnishing and see if that makes the dummy usable. I'm able to reproduce this consistently and it makes absolutely zero sense to me...
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest prblem is that VISTORs experience the errors. Its not the primary person. People who have guild houses have it the worst. ZOS please fix the thing. If its a matter of Load Order then it shouldn't be TOO HARD to set it so that Base building materiels IE planks etc load into the house BEFORE items that you can interact with.
  • Mr_Bear
    Mr_Bear
    ✭✭
    Having decorated a guild house for 4 guilds this is an ongoing issue and has been for months. Been reported multiple times and never fixed.

It's a daily occurrence for someone to comment in guild chat that the blacksmith stations in the guild house aren't working. Always the blacksmith stations, never the wood or clothing. But then other guild house decorators I've talked to have issues with other tables as mentioned above.
  • Clefor
    Clefor
    ✭✭
    Same things here, have tried relog, it works for the first time, but when port in again, the problem happen again....At that moment i was have all addons disabled. Pls fix it @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump again to record and check how long does it take for ZOS to work or respond on this.

As of June 2, 2018
    As of June 9, 2018 - Still not solved or heard back from ZOS.

• elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged, this is really upsetting thousands of your paying customers ZoS please address this. This is a NEWLY INTRODUCED BUG as it worked fine before and now it doesn't.

Eli
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really annoying. I have all the base crafting stations and the only one that's not on a "vanilla" floor is the blacksmithing station, for which I built a platform out of blocks. Ever since Summerset, my blacksmithing station (which has not moved since January when I built the platform, and worked perfectly fine every day) is unable to be interacted with when I first enter the house.

The station magically becomes interactable again when I enter the housing editor and click on ANY furnishing item in the house, then exit the editor.

So I put a rock by the zone-in and now I have to remember to pick up the rock every time I enter the house or else my crafting station won't work. Please put a fix in, I'm really terrible at remembering to pick up the rock.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this bug for weeks/month when housing started.
    At some point they must have fixed it, because i had no problems any more for about one year now?

Now with introdusing the new jewelry crafting table, the bug came back.
    I really hope they fix it soon again, this is really a gamebreaker in the housing-world.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having the same problem with my crafting stations. No, they’re not on planks or anything, they’re on the proper floor.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened again to me. Hasn't happened in forever, and just the other day 3 stations were unresponsive until they were re-placed.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just happened to me on XB last night. Visited GH I go to all the time and NONE of the set stations worked, except the ones for the brand new sets (these were off by themselves). Even the alchemy, enchanting, and provisioning stations didn't work, although the transmute station did. All the lights were interactable as well.

This GH is at Hakvild's, and NONE of the stations are on any kind of player-built platforms. They are all on the walkway surrounding the hall.

Ported to another GH, which also has JC stations for all the sets, including the new ones. It's at Linchal, and everything is, again, on the ground of the house (all in the courtyard) and not on any player-built platforms. All of those stations worked fine. So, at least I got all my MWs done, but I really hate the disorganized layout of this GH, so I don't like going there.

So, this isn't just an issue with stations being on player-built surfaces. It's happening with stations that are placed on the ground/floor of the house. And, XB is not running any add-ons, so it's not an issue with add-ons.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom have the devs look into this. You can't blame someone's computer or add-ons when it's happening on console. And, I've only just experienced this yesterday. Up until then, I never had any problems.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is related to the number of crafting stations and or the size of the property. More of either excacerbates the issue. The farther away a station is from the entrance the higher the chance for it to not work.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are still experiencing this problem, can you please upload at least 2 screen captures of the crafting stations that are problematic -- one photo from your character's perspective, including adjacent stations, and one photo of from above, looking down? This may help us identify any potential problems with placement.

Thank you!
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    I am from Germany and usually only posting in the German forum.
    This is the first time I will use the english one - sorry for my bad english.

I have the same problem and I wrote meanwhile two tickets to ZOS.
    Maybe it is a good idea to describe my side of the problem here.

The following text is translated via google-translator with some
    adiitional corrections:

~~~
    Hello,

if you set up craft tables in your own home, then there was the problem BEFORE summerset,
    that the correct placement was often very difficult.
    Therefore, it recommended to place the tables on wooden floors, since they worked there in almost any orientation right away.
    That went well until the chapter summerset was introduced.

After that you could only use these tables again if you activated one (!) Of the tables with "F5" and set them down again.
    Then suddenly all (!) Tables worked as if by magic.
    Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you enter the home.

And if you build a guildhall where everyone has the right to use the set tables,
    but of course not everybody gets the decoration right, there is quite a problem:
    The tables are no longer usable!

Whether this is connected with the introduction of new jewelry tables is very likely.

Anyway, I'm not the only one who has this bug to complain about.
    But I'm obviously the one who's most affected by it:
    I chose the Earthtear Cavern as a guild home and spared no expense or effort
    cover much of the water surface with wooden floors.
    On the wooden floors are pavilions, which should actually accommodate the set-tables (crafting stations).

But unfortunately I had to take all tables down from the wooden floor after the introduction of Summserset and place them further back on the stone floor.
    But that's just a "workaround" and absolutely unsatisfactory.

A quick message from you that you have recognized this problem and it's on your ToDo list could reassure customers.
    Especially since he has a lot of time, gold and crowns (!) In the project of guildhall.
    Please notify me when you have found and corrected this error.
    Thank you very much.
    ~~~
    That is the content of my ticket.
    It's a bit strange that these problems started for me with the introduction of Summerset.
    Obviously, they already existed before that time.

Hoping, that ZOS will find the problem and fix it soon.
    As you know, hope dies last ;-)

Regards
    Cruggs
    Hey! Wo ist mein Schwein? Wer hat mein Schwein?
    Man weiß nie, was passiert, wenn man es nicht ausprobiert...