Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should proc sets be replaced ?

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
So instead of proc sets we can continue to have things like reduced cost of stamina maagicka for your group, but remove sets that do damage or heal

But Introduce new perks to sets that maybe of better use in game

Increase lock pick force chance, increase riding speed, increase gold gain, Increase lover tree in CP

Anything that would mean actually playing the game and not relying on animation canceling followed by a massive proc that insta kills

Let's be honest here .. we already see great sets for pve with really good perks but it's the PvP crowd that gets the shaft everytime with sets like zaan and sloads

Thoughts please .
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc sets would be nice to be changed but every game has some but other games have a ton of sets that buff abilities giving access to millions of builds which this game doesnt have as its kinda linear.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No damage should be dealt without consuming resources.

Ideally there should be a slider for proc sets indicating what resource the proc sets would use, and you could adjust how much damage and resource the proc set would deal and use - the more resource, the higher the damage.

The same process could apply to defensive proc sets as well (Blood Spawn and Troll King, for instance).

Make proc sets consume resources.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

Ideally there should be a slider for proc sets indicating what resource the proc sets would use, and you could adjust how much damage and resource the proc set would deal and use - the more resource, the higher the damage.

The same process could apply to defensive proc sets as well (Blood Spawn and Troll King, for instance).

the resouce proc sets use is the lack of a passive that's up all the time. So instead of 60 seconds of 300 weapon damage every minute, i have 30 seconds of 600 weapon damage every minute.

and adjusting cost for damage, in pvp you would see maxed out for burst and that's all.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭

this is an interesting idea.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

this is an interesting idea.

better idea why not just take out sets that deal extra damage and make them augment our already present abilities?? like diablo does get a set and it helps damage from a certain skill line instead of being a mega hitting proc set. kindve like maelstrom but with actual armor.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    they also need to remove the no skill, skills, IE the magbalde one where you push a button no matter how far away and it takes health, funnel health i think, skills like that...... so dumb.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the proc sets replaced (or, at least a lot of them), but doubt it will ever happen: They're low-hanging fruit for ZOS to churn out with DLC to increase the appeal of that particular DLC, and don't seem like they require much effort on the part of the Devs to set up.

My preference would be sets that enhance the already-existing skills of the player, something along the lines of what DuskMarine mentioned in a previous post on this thread. It would still give players an incentive to grind for gear, while not turning Cyrodiil into a cheese-fest of proc's going off everywhere.

Getting rid of some of the proc sets also seems like it would help server performance in PVP (and trials), which is something ZOS doesn't seem to be able to get a handle on.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should proc sets be removed or replaced?

i kinda like that thier in the game even though i dont use them.
    and it makes challanges where is normaly boring fights in pvp, so i say ...

nah ...

giphy.gif
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer ... am I going to get a refund on the millions of gold and hundreds of tempers I’ve used over the years?

No?

Then no.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are and always will be bad for PvP.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

nah ...

giphy.gif

I never, ever thought I'd see you say that.
    People worry about procs too much. Removal would indeed just make combat more bland, boring, and overall dissatisfying.

They've already been nerfed, people. Let's start investing in ourselves for once.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on June 13, 2018 8:28PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Proc sets are and always will be bad for PvP.
    The trend is ground based or avoidable dots who don't work well in 1v1.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

the resouce proc sets use is the lack of a passive that's up all the time. So instead of 60 seconds of 300 weapon damage every minute, i have 30 seconds of 600 weapon damage every minute.

and adjusting cost for damage, in pvp you would see maxed out for burst and that's all.

Not necessarily, especially in noCP open-world where you don't want to get caught with your trousers down.
    And it would depend on the cost as well - if you're out of resource, then there'd be no proc at all... Imagine a 15K magicka cost for full Zaan proc damage.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

Not necessarily, especially in noCP open-world where you don't want to get caught with your trousers down.
    And it would depend on the cost as well - if you're out of resource, then there'd be no proc at all... Imagine a 15K magicka cost for full Zaan proc damage.

no
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

nah ...

giphy.gif

I never, ever thought I'd see you say that.
    People worry about procs too much. Removal would indeed just make combat more bland, boring, and overall dissatisfying.

They've already been nerfed, people. Let's start investing in ourselves for once.

Exactly. I was on the No Procs Ever Team for like a solid year and a half. I can play with or without them so it’s whatever.

At this point it’s more about how fun it is that I’m playing a video game where I get to use a wizard who can shoot lightning sideways at people without looking. I mean really people. You’re in my game afterall. It’s not my problem that I think fireworks are cool.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 13, 2018 9:09PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn’t inherently with proc sets, aka sets that proc an effect. A lot of time proc sets are very cool. It’s that sometimes ZOS introduces ridiculous sets. In One Tamriel they buffed the damage of Viper’s Sting by 400%, which made it OP. In Summerset we have Sload’s, which stacks and excels at killing solo players. Stuff like this that gets added, massive QQ -> nerf.

I’d actually argue the opposite tbh, that more of the proc sets should be used. There are 100+ proc sets in ESO, and the vast majority of them need massive buffs. This is why people were pissed when ZOS blanket nerfed Armor Procs as a whole with the removal of critical hits/heals - the OP procs were still strong (could have simply been nerfed individually), but the weak proc sets became totally useless.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from a time when proc sets were non-existent (or were so bad they weren't used) I found combat to be more boring.

I'm really not.concerned either way. I'm sure all these sets will be over nerfed and never see the light of day again

:cry: oh Trinimac's Valor
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far to many proc sets for such a change. It will never happen.

Zos did make a great correction to the damage sets last year in giving some sort of warning to avoid the damage or make the damage a dot, depending on the set.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better idea: disable set bonuses in PvP and leave my PvE alone.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make it so the proc has to be slotted on your bar like an ability. This would aslo give way more control over them with a strong trade off for using them.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on June 13, 2018 10:27PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could make it so the proc has to be slotted on your bar like an ability. This would aslo give way more control over them with a strong trade off for using them.

So in addition too or in place of?

Cuz console players don't have any more buttons
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Better idea: disable set bonuses in PvP and leave my PvE alone.

To be honest I don't think sets used in PvP are used in pve ... My point is the pve sets I see are aimed specifically at pve ... With perks like " damage against dungeon bosses, X damage reduction from dungeon bosses

But I like your idea if say they had two bonuses one for PvP and one for pve so it wasn't disabled just altered
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets are badly designed and I'd like to see them all removed from the game. What is ZOS' reasoning behind giving players free dmg, unaffected by your stats? Procs have always been and will always be detrimental to skilled gameplay.

Lockpick chances and stuff sounds fun. At the same time such utility bonuses would make many sets very niche. But reduce cost bonuses, speed increases, mitigation increases etc. all sounds very interesting to me and could be used to replace proc bonuses.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    48e.jpg

No. A lot of things would have to be rebalanced. Like 80% of sets are proc sets, in one way or another. Whether it give a buff, heal, give a damage shield, or do damage itself, they're apart of the game. Some sets need reworking, like Sload's and Skoria. Skoria just needs a telegraph like Selene's or Velidreth. Sload's needs a longer cooldown and perhaps making it so only one Sload's proc can be on one person/enemy. Deleting all proc sets isn't going to solve the issues only a handful cause.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, proc sets are fun, have great animations and some very nice and interesting ideas.

What should be banned and stop ever appearing are sets like Sload. It's not just about oblivion damage. It's about of fitting *** mindset that those sets initiate in certain players. Sload is made for abuse. Zenimax should not make sets that make abusive minds soar.
    If anything, they should be focusing on good, competitive, strategic fights/sets. Maybe those toxic morons would not be pleased with that, but overall, PVP would be a bit more healthy. Catering toxic PVP style can alienate potential new PVP players from the game and do more harm than good.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

So in addition too or in place of?

Cuz console players don't have any more buttons

In place of, that is the con, and I am a console player btw.
    Xbox One Na
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its actually kinda easy. Disable the 5 piece of any DMG! Proc set in pvp. Things like desert rose or bloodspawn are completly fine. They dont do dmg.

People are saying that combat will be boring and unsatisfying then. But that not true. U know what is boring and unsatisfying? Getting killed by zaan, caluurions and a 3rd proc set. I am fighting the proc set, Not the Player..... this is boring.

Make proc sets crit again so pve player can use them again. But disable the 5 piece of any damage proc set in pvp.