Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Request] Custom Group Finder

Weper
Weper
✭✭✭
It would be awesome if ESO could have a Custom Group Finder, like in WoW.

I mean it would be much easier to find groups for Trials, World Bosses, premade Veteran Dungeons, Battlegrounds, etc... Doing achievements in veteran dungeons would be easier too.
You would just create a group with a custom name, like "vMOL lfm tank and DDs" and you could see who wants to join to your group and you decide who you invite and who not. The Group Finder should display the name, CP and the role of the player who wants to join your group.

(Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.)
Edited by Weper on June 13, 2018 5:47PM
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    Bad idea. Most of the players would use this option, and the max cp elitists would not let lower cp players in the group, make it harder for them to join a group.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with those kinds of group finders is they are automatic. There is no player communication in those game. I have found you can run an entire dungeon without anybody ever speaking a word to each other. I kind of like the old fashioned way of getting to know your group. When games like Wow first came out you found your groups via the chat channel. It was awesome.
    Edited by dbgager on June 13, 2018 6:07PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a custom GF. It is called forming ones own group.
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    dbgager wrote: »
    The problem with those kinds of group finders is they are automatic. There is no player communication in those game. I have found you can run an entire dungeon without anybody ever speaking a word to each other. I kind of like the old fashioned way of getting to know your group.

It's not automatic. As i wrote, you could decide who you invite and who not. You can just whisper the player if you have a question to him. It's not like the group finder for dungeons, that's why it's called custom.
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    Aarlur wrote: »
    Bad idea. Most of the players would use this option, and the max cp elitists would not let lower cp players in the group, make it harder for them to join a group.

Well, they are doing it already without group finder, aren't they? If the leader wants players with max CP, it's his decision. He leads the trial, why should he not decide about the rules?
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What the heck is wrong with people wanting better social tools? Some of you are ridiculous. Don’t use new (hypothetical) features if you don’t want them, but don’t deny others a better UI just out of spite (while facetiously loading your PC with addons to correct all of ZOS’s other oversights with guilds, UIs, Skyshards etc.).

Game needs more options for grouping than shouting in zone or using a terribly broken tool. Arguing against this is like arguing against common sense.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with those kinds of group finders is they are automatic. There is no player communication in those game. I have found you can run an entire dungeon without anybody ever speaking a word to each other. I kind of like the old fashioned way of getting to know your group. When games like Wow first came out you found your groups via the chat channel. It was awesome.

What the OP described is clearly not automatic, but a posting system that crosses zones. Also this kind of tool actually helps with elistism, since people can post groups with stuff like “learning party”, “farming party”, etc and no one’s expectations are broken.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    What the heck is wrong with people wanting better social tools? Some of you are ridiculous. Don’t use new (hypothetical) features if you don’t want them, but don’t deny others a better UI just out of spite (while facetiously loading your PC with addons to correct all of ZOS’s other oversights with guilds, UIs, Skyshards etc.).

Game needs more options for grouping than shouting in zone or using a terribly broken tool. Arguing against this is like arguing against common sense.

What one thinks might be a better social tool someone else may think is bad for the game.

Everyone is entailed to their opinion and it is inappropriate to bash those that disagree merely because they disagree.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    The Group finder in WOW is pretty automatic if you ask me...and that is the one he referenced. If I remember right and it has been a while since i played the game so I could be mistaken you simply pick the parameters of your group and it automatically makes it for you. there is no communication between players i do not believe.I could be wrong about the way it functions however as it has been awhile. Have you ever played Final Fantasy XIV. That one is even more automatic. Everything about it is automatic. You select the dungeon indicate your role and it plops you in a group wiithout a word spoken.
    Edited by dbgager on June 13, 2018 6:27PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

What one thinks might be a better social tool someone else may think is bad for the game.

Everyone is entailed to their opinion and it is inappropriate to bash those that disagree merely because they disagree.

My grandpa still prefers a rotary phone too (God bless him for his antiquatedness). That’s doesn’t mean he’s relevant. If you don’t like the fictional tool, don’t use it, and worry about far more overt and toxic elements in the game like its increasingly proliferant and necessary cash shop.

I’m not bashing anyone, but I’ve yet to hear a reasoned argument against improving the game’s social tools—which are objectively poor by any and all industry standards. Probably because there isn’t one. We’ve just accepted that they’re bad, but we love the game and its lore so much that many of us don’t care. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t. Or that ZOS is off the hook.
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    The Group finder in WOW is pretty automatic if you ask me...and that is the one he referenced. If I remember right and it has been a while since i played the game so I could be mistaken you simply pick the parameters of your group and it automatically makes it for you. there is no communication between players i do not believe.I could be wrong about the way it functions however as it has been awhile. Have you ever played Final Fantasy XIV. That one is even more automatic. Everything about it is automatic. You select the dungeon indicate your role and it plops you in a group wiithout a word spoken.

Since WoD is a better Group Finder tool released in WoW. You can now find groups by category and names.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if I get nostalgic. I have been playing MMOs since the beginning. I purchased the original Everquest as well as the Original WOW on release day In those days it was an adventure. Everything was new to everyone. MMOs infact where a new thing. Finding Groups involved getting on the chat channel, advertising and forming a group and having a good time together. People would chat and figure out things as we went along. MMOS have changed. Its no longer a social adventure for most. I really miss that.
    Edited by dbgager on June 13, 2018 6:38PM
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if I get nostalgic. I have been playing MMOs since the beginning. I purchased the original Everquest as well as the Original WOW on release day In those days it was an adventure. Everything was new to everyone. MMOs infact where a new thing. Finding Groups involved getting on the chat channel, advertising and forming a group and having a good time together. People would chat and figure out things as we went along. MMOS have changed. Its no longer a social adventure for most. I really miss that.

Just type "wow premade groupfinder" in the google and you will see some examples between the images.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

My grandpa still prefers a rotary phone too (God bless him for his antiquatedness). That’s doesn’t mean he’s relevant. If you don’t like the fictional tool, don’t use it, and worry about far more overt and toxic elements in the game like its increasingly proliferant and necessary cash shop.

I’m not bashing anyone, but I’ve yet to hear a reasoned argument against improving the game’s social tools—which are objectively poor by any and all industry standards. Probably because there isn’t one. We’ve just accepted that they’re bad, but we love the game and its lore so much that many of us don’t care. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t. Or that ZOS is off the hook.

It is not about preferring old rotary phones. Probably not the best analogy considering we are playing an online game.

My comment was directly that it is inappropriate to bash someone because they disagree with you. That is the weakest argument there is.

Beyond that Zos would only consider such an idea if they felt it would be good for the game and no one here has actually made that argument that it would. Merely that they would like it which is not the same.