Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgot secret answer for account recovery.

Balvald
Balvald
Soul Shriven
Pretty much the day after I successfully changed my password, I've already forgotten it.

So I try to recover my account by trying to fill out that form just to get stuck at the answer to my account recovery question.
(Heck I did not remember what I exactly wrote in there like roughly 3 years ago.)

So obviously I've created already created a ticket about that issue - 2-3 days ago without any answer. Ref. Number #:180609-004744
Just to be sure I created another ticket just a few minutes ago - still waiting for an answer. Ref. Number #:180611-002661

Posting this because not getting ANY sort of answer at all (in the given time) - not even an automated one is a tad bit weird isn't it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @florianprobst123b16_ESO

Please check your inbox for updated information on your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Balvald
    Balvald
    Soul Shriven
    As of now. Problem still stands.

I know not a single thing about the status of my tickets (because I cant login).

Apparently Support was supposed to send details via E-mail but still recieved nothing.
    (no email at all, like not even a single one, not even an automated one)

For heavens sake.
    Something that should be so easy to do (recovering the account with a forgotten password)
    does not work at all.
    And quite frankly I feel a bit fooled at this point
    because I virtually can't see any action I could take to better the current situation in this regard.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could just be a hacker claiming that you don't remember the password or security question for your account. Generally security questions are things that don't change, i.e. your mother's maiden name, your first pet. These things are static, unchanging, and kinda hard to forget. You can understand why ZoS has to be careful when someone approaches them with these kind of issues, they don't want to give someone's account away to the wrong person.

Not saying you ARE a hacker btw, just saying that from their perspective the possibility is there.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • Balvald
    Balvald
    Soul Shriven
    @Niliu At this point the support should / or already knows that I am not that. (or should be as sure as possible of it)

Because I've wrote a support ticket regarding the issue. I've been given an update on said support ticket by ZOS_BillE.

Currently it seems this is NOT an issue about anyone not believing me that I am the owner of the account that I try to reclaim
    Currently the problem is that there is NO Email or additional information about or anything that I can do.
    We are contacting you regarding your thread Forgot secret answer for account recovery. It looks like support was able to reset your security question and answer in ticket#180609-004744. Did you receive the email with those details? If not, please respond back to the last email from support so they can resend that information.

The very last thing mentioned is impossible to do for me.
    because I haven't recieved any email from support that I could respond to. (as i've stated the THIRD time)
    and I'havent been able to find the email adress that sends supports.
    (then I could atleast write to that with the ticket number,
    from the email that I've used in my ESO account and that I filled into the form for account recovery - no idea if that would solve it)

Like its great to get info on a ticket and that support is able to achieve something internally.
    it would just be nice to also get the e-mail that will actually help reclaim my account.

EDIT:

also.
    "your mother's maiden name, your first pet. These things are static, unchanging, and kinda hard to forget."
    Yes. Problem was that security question was something more easy to forget sadly,
    yet not something that someone could've known If they'd know who I am.

So no I've not answered the easiest thing to "whats my mothers maiden name" because thats way too easy to find out.
    Especially because that question would be the "last line of defense" so to speak.
    Not saying that my security question was infact "whats my mothers maiden name".
    Edited by Balvald on June 12, 2018 2:50PM
  • Balvald
    Balvald
    Soul Shriven
    Problem is solved now. - I have access to my account again. this can be closed now.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Balvald wrote: »
    Problem is solved now. - I have access to my account again. this can be closed now.

Good to hear. Wasn't trying to be douchy or anything, just trying to reflect a possible ZOS point of view.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me