Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outfit Slots are a scam. I want my Crowns back

Yusuf
Yusuf
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok I bought an additional outfit slot yesterday since they were on sale for 750 Crowns and I thought "Hey that might be a cool thing to have" only to find out they aren't account-wide.
Now, I see that this issue isn't really being discussed. Players are quietly accepting that fact and politely asking for ZOS make them account-wide in update X or Y.

Here's the thing: I didn't buy a consumable, I bought an upgrade and it shouldn't even be a discussion that that's account-wide!

For God's sake it's misleadingly advertised. Nowhere in the store does it say that this is only usable on one character while every other product there is account-wide, making us believe that would be the case for the outfit-slots as well.

Inb4 "they're a company, they gotta make money"-comments: We're customers, not ZOS' goddang accountants. And if a product is the only one in their store that's not gonna benefit all our characters they should advertise it as such in their store and not hidden in the FAQs.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried opening a support ticket and asking for a refund? They should give you a refund if the description of the item is misleading.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you search back to when the Outfit System dropped, you will see a great many player complaints about the fact that the slots aren't account-wide. If we seem quiet now, its because its old news at this point and we have little expectation that ZOS will listen.

Personally, I'm just not buying the outfit slots, on sale or not.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not being discussed because it's already been discussed.

A quick forum search would have popped up half a dozen threads about this.

People have been ticked it's not account wide for some time, but I doubt you'll be seeing a refund anytime soon.

Bag slot upgrades, riding upgrades all work in a similar manner.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 7, 2018 2:54PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely recommend submitting a support ticket.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Ok I bought an additional outfit slot yesterday since they were on sale for 750 Crowns and I thought "Hey that might be a cool thing to have" only to find out they aren't account-wide.
    Now, I see that this issue isn't really being discussed. Players are quietly accepting that fact and politely asking for ZOS make them account-wide in update X or Y.

Here's the thing: I didn't buy a consumable, I bought an upgrade and it shouldn't even be a discussion that that's account-wide!

For God's sake it's misleadingly advertised. Nowhere in the store does it say that this is only usable on one character while every other product there is account-wide, making us believe that would be the case for the outfit-slots as well.

Inb4 "they're a company, they gotta make money"-comments: We're customers, not ZOS' goddang accountants. And if a product is the only one in their store that's not gonna benefit all our characters they should advertise it as such in their store and not hidden in the FAQs.

Actually, Im pretty sure they say it outright on the purchase description. Your inability to read is not a scam
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do research before you purchase anything from the Crown Stores. Plenty of threads covering the topic.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Understatement of the year.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All quiet huh? Spoken like someone late to the party.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only have a 30 pages discussion about that... and a couple dozens more. Yeah, it's not being discussed at all.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on June 7, 2018 8:16PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    It's only have a 30 pages discussion about that... and a couple dozens more. Yeah, it's not being discussed at all.

Yup. Sometimes it's better to read forums before purchasing items from Crown Store, so you can avoid disappointment.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a point though. If you buy service tokens, they sit on the char login screen so all chars have access to use them. But hey you know Z!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    You have a point though. If you buy service tokens, they sit on the char login screen so all chars have access to use them. But hey you know Z!
    And yet when it comes time to cash one in, it's still per character.

The best OP can hope for it to have the outfit slot moved to his character of choice. It's still effectively a consumable.

Caveat Emptor.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually, Im pretty sure they say it outright on the purchase description. Your inability to read is not a scam

Actually, I'm pretty sure the only official mention of these being character only is the news article. It's not even mentioned in the web based version of the crown store. So maybe do a little reading of your own before bashing someone else's reading comprehension skills. Just, you know, food for thought.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta third the suggestion to contact customer support and ask for a refund. The worst they'll do is say no.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not going to post a screen shot, since the Crown Store is available to everyone.

"This unlocks 1 additional outfit. Outfits can be modified at any Outfit Station."

No mention of character or account. There is no "bind on pickup" or anything else like that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. But when one character uses them, they are gone. Not able to change all characters. Same with outfit slots, experience scrolls, Bank upgrades, etc.
    So whats the beef ?
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on June 7, 2018 11:01PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »

Exactly. But when one character uses them, they are gone. Not able to change all characters. Same with outfit slots, experience scrolls, Bank upgrades, etc.
    So whats the beef ?

Everything you mentioned is available through ingame means, not requiring real money purchases

Outfit slots are completely unavailable through ingame means
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not going to post a screen shot, since the Crown Store is available to everyone.

"This unlocks 1 additional outfit. Outfits can be modified at any Outfit Station."

No mention of character or account. There is no "bind on pickup" or anything else like that.

And it is weird that Outfit Change Tokens are account wide whereas Outfit Slots are not.
    Edited by Yzalirk on June 8, 2018 2:14AM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

So whats the beef ?

Everything you mentioned is available through ingame means, not requiring real money purchases

Yes but purchased through crown store also. Scrolls, Motifs, Name Changes, etc are ONE character.
    Don't understand the problem.
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on June 8, 2018 12:26AM
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    I bought one for each of my character's during the sale but I have to agree something like this should be account wide for the price of each.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No we don't accept it .. We just don't buy them..
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

So whats the beef ?

Yes but purchased through crown store also. Scrolls, Motifs, Name Changes, etc are ONE character.
    Don't understand the problem.

Um, actually, Scrolls, Motifs... can all be banked and accessed by whatever character you want- they are not 'bound' by the one you purchase it with unless you actually 'use' them on that character. Name Changes are available to ANY character after purchase only consumed when you USE it. But Outfits Upgrades are instantly consumed by whatever character purchases it- there is no option to 'move' it to another character like with other things you buy from the Crown store.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZO$ ©
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously why don't they make them account wide already? I hope the new monetization designer is smarter.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously why don't they make them account wide already? I hope the new monetization designer is smarter.

The only logical and not money-driven reason I can think off to make them not account wide is that players can have anywhere from 8 to 15 characters per account. So if the Outfit Slots were 1500 crowns accountwide, someone with a base game account pays 187.5 crowns per character and someone with the current max of 15 characters only pays 100 crowns per character. Not to mention there might be issues with retroactively giving new characters those purchased outfit slots.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Yup. Sometimes it's better to read forums before purchasing items from Crown Store, so you can avoid disappointment.

Yup. Or if you don't do a forum search before buying crown store fluff, do a search before opening a complaint thread. You are spot on in your complaint, but your assertion that no one else has complained about this is quite wrong.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are an absolute shitehouse of a company. Shameful they think 1500 crowns per outfit slot per character is acceptable. Says a lot more than it should regarding their view of the playerbase too.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are an absolute shitehouse of a company. Shameful they think 1500 crowns per outfit slot per character is acceptable. Says a lot more than it should regarding their view of the playerbase too.

So 1000 crown for a +10 to mount speed/stamina/inventory per character is more acceptable? Clearly they've discovered with people willing to shell out for these, that they would equally shell out money for Outfit slots.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

So 1000 crown for a +10 to mount speed/stamina/inventory per character is more acceptable? Clearly they've discovered with people willing to shell out for these, that they would equally shell out money for Outfit slots.

That's entirely convenience though. You can do it with in-game gold.
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Whatever example of ZOS violating the player base with their *** practises you want to use will always be one upped by another *** practise of ZOS violating the player base with a different *** practise.

You could honestly forget this is a massive multimillion dollar company and not just some indie developer looking to make a quick buck with the way ZOS have been going about things. smh

I kind of wonder if when they're having team meetings if someone throws these ideas up sarcastically and they just *** roll with it.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion